Official Bitcoin Thread

my biggest piece of advice is to not just invest blindly. I spent almost 3 months earlier this year studying and learning everything before making a single move. if you don't even understand simple things like market caps and how they work I wouldn't be throwing my money in. if you do, you'd see why ripple even reaching $1 is going to take a long time and $2 is probably ages away if ever. also the fact that ripple works with banks and the whole point of crypto is to be decentralized to kill off the banking system is not a good thing for it. most crypto investors dislike ripple and are just waiting for it to die. good luck to everyone though
giphy.gif

my biggest piece of advice is to not just invest blindly. I spent almost 3 months earlier this year studying and learning everything before making a single move. if you don't even understand simple things like market caps and how they work I wouldn't be throwing my money in. if you do, you'd see why ripple even reaching $1 is going to take a long time and $2 is probably ages away if ever. also the fact that ripple works with banks and the whole point of crypto is to be decentralized to kill off the banking system is not a good thing for it. most crypto investors dislike ripple and are just waiting for it to die. good luck to everyone though

You're absolutely correct. However, from a technology standpoint...BITCOIN is NOT DECENTRALIZED :lol:

Couple of questions. Can you store all alt coins on there? How indestructible are these wallets? Will it crap out eventually?

It stores the coins i have most of: btc, bch, eth, ltc and all erc20 coins. They are tamper proof, and not fragile. By having ur 24word seed...u can always recover ur trezor if stolen/damaged/lost.

It stores the coins i have most of: btc, bch, eth, ltc and all erc20 coins. They are tamper proof, and not fragile. By having ur 24word seed...u can always recover ur trezor if stolen/damaged/lost.

Is this the Trezor 2.0?

Ok so basically your coins are stored on a digital database (for arguments sake) and not on the actual device itself? So no matter what happens to it I can always get them back?

Is this the Trezor 2.0?

Nope, just the original oldie but goodie. i dont need the fancy touch screen :smile:

Ok so basically your coins are stored on a digital database (for arguments sake) and not on the actual device itself? So no matter what happens to it I can always get them back?

Yes, not on the device. Coins will be on blockchain with private keys that YOU will control. The trezor keeps it that way by adding a layer of security using seeds/passphrase and PIN.

Picking mine up in about 90 minutes, was the setup easy?

I've read it is easy but also saw posts with people installing the wrong update too soon.

But the banks already own half of the tokens

They can take even more and inject a faux supply and demand thus starting something beautiful.

Don’t kill my dream b.

DONT YOU KILL IT

giphy.gif

This might sound like a silly question but could you transfer bitcoin from a coinbase wallet to another coinbase wallet?

If so, how long does the transfer take?

Ok let me ask stupid question now.

Coinbase / Gemini / etc. Are used to buy the big three (Bitcoin, ETH, LTC)?

If you need to buy some of the smaller ones you need to trade whatever you have in Bitcoin only to Bittrex?

So what's the purpose of the digital wallet and where does that comes into play?

Ok let me ask stupid question now.

Coinbase / Gemini / etc. Are used to buy the big three (Bitcoin, ETH, LTC)?

If you need to buy some of the smaller ones you need to trade whatever you have in Bitcoin only to Bittrex?

So what's the purpose of the digital wallet and where does that comes into play?

Digital Wallets are the most secured way to store your crypto rather than in exchanges like Coinbase etc.

PS. Anybody having trouble buying on coinbase? Said my purchase was complete but don't see any transaction for it.

Digital Wallets are the most secured way to store your crypto rather than in exchanges like Coinbase etc.

PS. Anybody having trouble buying on coinbase? Said my purchase was complete but don't see any transaction for it.
So the digital wallets are optional if you don't want to have everything something like Coinbase?

Can you buy sell on without using Coinbase / Gemini / Etc. If you have a digital wallet? If not how you transfer your stuff from the former to the latter?

Mine did the same thing earlier. I would give it 5-10 minutes and it should show up.

So the digital wallets are optional if you don't want to have everything something like Coinbase?

Can you buy sell on without using Coinbase / Gemini / Etc. If you have a digital wallet? If not how you transfer your stuff from the former to the latter?

Correct me if I'm wrong fapmasterjr fapmasterjr but I think you can't sell/buy on the digital wallet it just stores it. You would have to transfer it from wallet to an exchange (like coinbase) in order to do that. As for how to transfer from and to the exchange I am still learning myself. My wallet is actually on its way.

Back
Top Bottom