Official Bitcoin Thread

I sent an pm to Meth and added a few people that are active in here to see if we can update the first post with some FAQ and How to.

seems like OP hasn't been active lately. Dude probably bought some bitcoins in 2011 and is now chilling on a island :lol:

If you use your bank account in Coinbase it will take 7 days to have access to your purchase. However, the price you purchased it at is locked and you can't cancel at all.

If you use your CC it is instant but at a higher fee and lower purchasing power.

Next question.

See that's good help...

Usually I just buy with cc but i must've hit the bank acct transfer option

It's not about acting elitist but you're treating this thread like your personal twitter.

I’m asking simple questions, that don’t take much to answer for a lot of you, idk about you, but if a noob frequents into a photography thread asking some simple questions I have the answer to, I’d gladly answer without the need to act like a hotshot to make myself feel more important.

Guess different people handle things different, I appreciate those of you displaying patience, thank you.

Waiting to get verified by both Coinbase and Gemini. I been lurking this thread but was kinda chicken to really get involved.

Kinda excited now, plus my lady is all in my ear about it daily

Coinbase and Gemini are pretty much just conduits for USD conversion for Bitcoin, at least that's how I play it. The transition from USD to coin to withdrawal or deposit to another market/exchange will be a process and should be done under the pretense that up to 48 hours may be needed for the transition to fully complete. This is usually not the case but I'm sure there has been an influx of deposits and withdrawals on these exchanges and is causing the unusual delays.

The object of the "game" however is to accrue as much coin as possible while playing the markets. Sure over time we'll all transition more USD to the exchanges but once you guys (speaking specifically to those getting their feet wet) have amassed quite a bit of coin playing the markets you'll experience the luxury of being able to instantly take advantage of an opportunity all while waiting on that next Bit transfer to process.

Just set a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. stipend for yourself and pump that into the exchange. Before you know it you'll have more coin than you'll know what to do it and you can bounce it around willingly as you see fit.

No worries got this on Copy & Paste:

I wished we could add a sticky on the front page...I have a word document that will really help but I can't attach a .doc file.

I uploaded it on Google Drive.

Please READ! If you want to get serious into this, you need to READ as much as you can!

Tutorial:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/guides/

https://www.coindesk.com/information/comparing-litecoin-bitcoin/

Resources and News:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/

https://coinspectator.com – Real Time Cryptocurrency News

https://www.bitcoin.com

Coinbase and Gemini are pretty much just conduits for USD conversion for Bitcoin, at least that's how I play it. The transition from USD to coin to withdrawal or deposit to another market/exchange will be a process and should be done under the pretense that up to 48 hours may be needed for the transition to fully complete. This is usually not the case but I'm sure there has been an influx of deposits and withdrawals on these exchanges and is causing the unusual delays.

The object of the "game" however is to accrue as much coin as possible while playing the markets. Sure over time we'll all transition more USD to the exchanges but once you guys (speaking specifically to those getting their feet wet) have amassed quite a bit of coin playing the markets you'll experience the luxury of being able to instantly take advantage of an opportunity all while waiting on that next Bit transfer to process.

Just set a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. stipend for yourself and pump that into the exchange. Before you know it you'll have more coin than you'll know what to do it and you can bounce it around willingly as you see fit.

This makes a lot of sense, I’m so mad I’ve spent so much money in raffles for toys (funkopops) which in a way can be a form of investment since some of these act like a stock market...however, this seems a lot
More fun and pays far more...oh well late to the party, or maybe I’m just in time...only time will tell..lol

Has a consensus been offered on the best exchange to buy Ripple?

I was planning to go with Bitstamp but if there are better alternatives, I would appreciate if any of you guys would share.

Tronix (TRX) slowly trying to pick up some steam. I like! :pimp:
As soon as someone's mention something here I look it up, read and invest.

Just purchased 3000 coins just in case it blows up. Only 33 bucks when I bought it.

See that's good help...

Usually I just buy with cc but i must've hit the bank acct transfer option
No problem my dude, I'm still learning but I have been reading non stop and asking questions since I started, so I know th3 feeling.

When it comes to all this crypto stuff you need to make sure you look at every detail, regardless of how many times you have done it. I did the same mistake when I started.

You buy yi u check details, you transfer you check details, you exchange for different coins you check, etc etc etc.

I’m asking simple questions, that don’t take much to answer for a lot of you, idk about you, but if a noob frequents into a photography thread asking some simple questions I have the answer to, I’d gladly answer without the need to act like a hotshot to make myself feel more important.

Guess different people handle things different, I appreciate those of you displaying patience, thank you.

Man shut your *** off, I haven't seen anything new from you for the longest in the photography thread. Get your ads back in there and post more often my dude. BTW, ask away, someone will answer.

I was planning to go with Bitstamp but if there are better alternatives, I would appreciate if any of you guys would share.

can you be more clear? when you say buy Ripple...what are u buying with....cc, bank, fiat or using another crypto. I'd assume fiat, but lots of peeps in here use "BUY" differently.

Honestly, wherever I buy my coins, it’s usually on the same exchange. I don’t like it to be all over the place.

The most user-friendly exchange IMO:

Bittrex
Binance
Gemini

For Decentralized Exchange I use Bitshare.

All exchanges has their perks and flaws, have to decide what works best for you.

Some like to use exchange outside of the IS for avoidance of taxes.

You're never late to the party. I thought I was when I got ETH at $170 in May. And I'm sure others felt that way even before I got in.
Crypto is going to be like any and every other currency in regards to value.

No matter how much the pound is over the USD, the world us the USD to gage their currency.

Same for bitcoin right now, that can and probably will evolve.

I wanted to buy in on UKG, but been slacking and it has moved. Plus who doesn't gamble, **** IMHO is a gold mind.

Honestly, wherever I buy my coins, it’s usually on the same exchange. I don’t like it to be all over the place.

The most user-friendly exchange IMO:

Bittrex
Binance
Gemini

For Decentralized Exchange I use Bitshare.

All exchanges has their perks and flaws, have to decide what works best for you.

Some like to use exchange outside of the IS for avoidance of taxes.
Any benefit to using Bitshare? Like they carry stuff I can't get elsewhere? Looking for some ICON.

I’ll say again, YouTube YouTube YouTube.

If you’re a visual learner, hit it up!

Moving along...

Any Power Ledger investorss?

Reactions: Ube

It's not even about that. It benefits YOU to go back and read thru the thread to learn as much as you can. Even just going back one or two pages would've answered all your questions and helps keep the thread from getting cluttered with redundant posts

Any benefit to using Bitshare? Like they carry stuff I can't get elsewhere? Looking for some ICON.

Yes you’re cutting out the middle man! Faster and more reliable.

Haven’t tried ICON. Gave up on it once they said the US can’t partake in it.

Here’s some reading on it:

https://bitshares.org/technology/decentralized-asset-exchange/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cryptocompare.com/exchanges/guides/how-to-use-bitsquare/?altTemplate=WebPageAMPGuide

Last edited:
All these damned exchanges.

Call me an idiot..don't care...BUT

What's the cheapest, most reliable platform?

Back
Top Bottom