Official Bitcoin Thread

Housing bubble is people buying houses, artificially inflating the value because of the access of easy loans with no credit or down payment and not having the money to keep it. I don’t see that being the case here.

Completely agree referring to Americans purchasing homes/commercial RE. But these "all cash" purchases here by foreigners were financed with risky loans in their country of origin...China (Shadow Banking meltdown), SAmerica, Canada, EU...etc. Just follow the money (or lack there of) and how the money was procured to buy our homes all cash. These investors bought real estate in every large and mid sized cities in US...even in Minnesota!! Imagine if only 10% of these investors dump their homes here when trouble arises in their homeland.

GS, JPM Private Bank, US Trust, MS all are advising clients that Markets & real estate will face headwinds and trouble in late 2019 or 2020. Stay nimble.

Completely agree referring to Americans purchasing homes/commercial RE. But these "all cash" purchases here by foreigners were financed with risky loans in their country of origin...China (Shadow Banking meltdown), SAmerica, Canada, EU...etc. Just follow the money (or lack there of) and how the money was procured to buy our homes all cash. These investors bought real estate in every large and mid sized cities in US...even in Minnesota!! Imagine if only 10% of these investors dump their homes here when trouble arises in their homeland.

GS, JPM Private Bank, US Trust, MS all are advising clients that Markets & real estate will face headwinds and trouble in late 2019 or 2020. Stay nimble.
Now this I didn’t know. Always wondered how Asians rolled right in and paid cash for houses. Good to know.

Yes, it is. You will hear about it once s*** hits the fan.
I am going to make this short and quick and answer everyone the best I can. I don't want to discuss the stock market here but I get why we are. Some people here know my opinion on the stock market. I believe the risk/reward isn't there. So I am not adding but I am taking some profit as we need a correction. IMO - we have 2-6% upside (depends on which indicies- I think since the DOW is lagging it has more upside and 10%-20% downside.)

so getting back to the above post. the market's not like pre 2008. The market is dry and no one is buying these collateralized notes (tranches) like they use to. It's picked up the last 2 years but it's no where near what it was. You can't just use price to say if we are overvalued (some of you in here are). I worked at a firm post crisis and had to deal with these derivatives. The market is not what it use to be. Pre 2008 - everyone was highly leveraged, these CDO's were insured and everyone wanted a piece of the US housing market. They were sold to funds, banks, institutions around the world.

Yes, bond prices in Europe should be something to worry about. The market has already discounted Deutsche Bank (DB) so the market is aware. I am not arguing there won't be a correction but BIG PICTURE we are in a long term BULL MARKET CYCLE that will last IMO another decade with multiple bear markets. I am just saying a lot of that $$$ that will exit will not run to crypto and if that's what your banking on I am sorry to say it just won't happen.

FYI - I just started accumulating BTC and ETH.

this is not what they are doing. Tehre are many government restrictions on individuals and businesses. Capital outflows have been going up because China keeps their yuan artificially low. So of course the rich and middle class want to invest their cash elsewhere for a higher rate of return.

The idea that China would allow unsecured multi-million dollar loans for people to make cash purchases in other countries in hilarious.

Don't fall for him. A lot of it is money laundering but it's not unsecured loans in the homeland.

Let's be civil, humble and friendly brother!!! Not trying to convince you or others. Only saying to just do a simple search. Why Large Banks in China are going bust and in other EM's.
My personal hypothesis is that when an econ downturn occurs, people's 1st kneejerk reaction will be to run to Altcoins, then to precious metals.

As for cite, I have account with US Trust.

Let's be civil, humble and friendly brother!!! Not trying to convince you or others. Only saying to just do a simple search. Why Large Banks in China are going bust and in other EM's.
My personal hypothesis is that when an econ downturn occurs, people's 1st kneejerk reaction will be to run to Altcoins, then to precious metals.

I'm being quite civil. I'm just laughing at you literally making up stuff with no proof to back it up.

Aight fellas, everybody has made good points but lets just agree to disagree & move on. We are due for a big move in the markets soon whether btc goes up or down something is about to happen.

I agree with the shadow banking comment. But I don't think it will be as bad as everyone is predicting. Do you remember when China's stock market crashed in 2015. They started implementing strict regulations and are trying to implement a system that tracks all financial institutions infrastructure and activities, transactions/lenders/end borrowers etc
-In addition to these regulations - The market has also known about the shadow banking problem for 5+ years

I'm being quite civil. I'm just laughing at you literally making up stuff with no proof to back it up.
Screenshot_20180813-142658.jpg

Will try to find projections for longer term. Also Chris Hyzy does these private meetings for clients & gave projections too.

Screenshot_20180813-142658.jpg

Will try to find projections for longer term. Also Chris Hyzy does these private meetings for clients & gave projections too.
I don't see "GS, JPM Private Bank, US Trust, MS all are advising clients that Markets & real estate will face headwinds and trouble in late 2019 or 2020." or "But these "all cash" purchases here by foreigners were financed with risky loans in their country of origin" anywhere on there.

I feel for those who bought ltc in the $300s :sick::sick::sick:

But then again I bought bch at it’s all time high :blush::smh:

Pretty sure everyone in the thread got touched by the FOMO at some point.

TRX and LTC def bodied a lot of dudes in here....

Some of my entries last year were HORRIFIC :lol:

I don't see "GS, JPM Private Bank, US Trust, MS all are advising clients that Markets & real estate will face headwinds and trouble in late 2019 or 2020." or "But these "all cash" purchases here by foreigners were financed with risky loans in their country of origin" anywhere on there.

https://deep-throat-ipo.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-baba-20-ffinancial-comedy-gold.html

https://www.ft.com/content/0c7ecae2-8cfb-11e8-bb8f-a6a2f7bca546

https://www.ft.com/content/bb3166ea-8b1f-11e8-b18d-0181731a0340

https://www.barrons.com/articles/trade-isnt-chinas-only-problemdebt-economy-also-weigh-1529591847

Every 6mos, I attend these potential client "cattle calls" and hear the fund mngrs' pitches and have 1on1 talks...they all say the same thing about preparing for 2020. I'm certain a quick google search will quell your doubts.

Cheers!!

https://deep-throat-ipo.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-baba-20-ffinancial-comedy-gold.html

https://www.ft.com/content/0c7ecae2-8cfb-11e8-bb8f-a6a2f7bca546

https://www.ft.com/content/bb3166ea-8b1f-11e8-b18d-0181731a0340

https://www.barrons.com/articles/trade-isnt-chinas-only-problemdebt-economy-also-weigh-1529591847

Every 6mos, I attend these potential client "cattle calls" and hear the fund mngrs' pitches and have 1on1 talks...they all say the same thing about preparing for 2020. I'm certain a quick google search will quell your doubts.

Cheers!!
Still don't see "GS, JPM Private Bank, US Trust, MS all are advising clients that Markets & real estate will face headwinds and trouble in late 2019 or 2020." or "But these "all cash" purchases here by foreigners were financed with risky loans in their country of origin." At this point I'll assume you made it up after reading a conspiracy blog.

Still don't see "GS, JPM Private Bank, US Trust, MS all are advising clients that Markets & real estate will face headwinds and trouble in late 2019 or 2020." or "But these "all cash" purchases here by foreigners were financed with risky loans in their country of origin." At this point I'll assume you made it up after reading a conspiracy blog.

You funny. Assume all you want but I know what is Truth and don't need to lie, embellish or boast on a shoe blog. I'll assume that you're a good man and wish you much success in your endeavors.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/08/...ike-wilson-says.html?&qsearchterm=mike wilson

Mark Cuban, Kyle Bass, Savita Subramanian, Marko Kalonovic...all publicly stated the same sentiments.

You funny. Assume all you want but I know what is Truth and don't need to lie, embellish or boast on a shoe blog. I'll assume that you're a good man and wish you much success in your endeavors.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/08/02/a-rolling-bear-market-is-already-claiming-victims-mike-wilson-says.html?&qsearchterm=mike wilson

Mark Cuban, Kyle Bass, Savita Subramanian, Marko Kalonovic...all publicly stated the same sentiments.
You're not making it up, you just can't prove it so you'll post link after link to articles that have nothing to with what you actually said. Neat.

*the Morgan Stanley correction warning was in reference to the stock market, mainly tech, not the real estate market.

So is anyone else BUYING right now? On reddit, it seems everyone is jumping ship, but to me this screams buy everything. The goal for me was to get 10 neo asap and with it dropping every day, i'm grabbing more and more.

So is anyone else BUYING right now? On reddit, it seems everyone is jumping ship, but to me this screams buy everything. The goal for me was to get 10 neo asap and with it dropping every day, i'm grabbing more and more.
I’m wondering the same

Bout to throw some bread at etc, pick up some more tron, and just speculate on a few coins...

Back
Top Bottom