Official Bitcoin Thread

Look at it like this.... where is the world heading to? Idk about the age of people in this thread but people my age group,(millennials, Gen Z) from my personal observation, carry little to no cash on them. Almost every spot I have come across, even mom and pop shops, accept credit cards. Our bank accounts are a digital store of value, information in general is digital, even stores are starting to roll out email receipts. We also have apple and Samsung pay, we don’t even have to carry a card around, the information is stored on our phone. There’s crypto projects that are trying to develop cards, NFC terminal payments, and fiat gateway systems for you to spend your crypto. I agree, many project will fail and it will definitely take a couple of years for the technology to be adopted and used on a daily basis just like the internet did.

As for the gold vs bitcoin debate, bitcoin meets the checklist of being rare, durable, portable, uniform, divisible, and acceptability is rising fast, I mean you can even convert your btc to USD from a touch of a screen. Gold has the history behind it, rarity, durability, physical use for goods, but I’d argue bitcoin wins out on portability, divisibility, uniformity, durability, and even acceptability. Try walking into a store and buying something with a gold bar, instead you can use already working cards that convert your crypto into fiat without the merchant even knowing. There’s also the storage part, you own your own bitcoin and can store it however you’d like, no need for others to handle your money. None of these currencies are a guarantee, just because the government backs it doesn’t mean it’ll hold value forever. Greece and Venezuela are examples that are most commonly used, I grew up in a small village right after the Soviet Union collapsed, don’t think that the U.S or any government for that matter is too big to fail.
There is an HTC phone coming out soon ...

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/30/litecoin-cryptocurrency-htc-blockchain/

Proshare ETF denied:

"This order disapproves the proposed rule change. Although the Commission is disapproving this proposed rule change, the Commission emphasizes that its disapproval does not rest on an evaluation of whether bitcoin, or blockchain technology more generally, has utility or value as an innovation or an investment. Rather, the Commission is disapproving this proposed rule change because, as discussed below, the Exchange has not met its burden under the Exchange Act and the Commission’s Rules of Practice to demonstrate that its proposal is consistent with the requirements of the Exchange Act Section 6(b)(5), in particular the requirement that a national securities exchange’s rules be designed to prevent fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices.10 Among other things, the Exchange has offered no record evidence to demonstrate that bitcoin futures markets are “markets of significant size.” That failure is critical because, as explained below, the Exchange has failed to establish that other means to prevent fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices will be sufficient, and therefore surveillance-sharing with a regulated market of significant size related to bitcoin is necessary to satisfy the statutory requirement that the Exchange’s rules be designed to prevent fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices."

https://www.sec.gov/rules/sro/nysearca/2018/34-83904.pdf

^ That's what I have been saying for a while. The whole crypto market has been manipulated by a few big whales and one of the big questions is whether there should even be an ETF since the market is still manipulated.

The SEC knows it and until crypto gets better regulated, there shouldn't be an ETF.

59FA6D23-31BA-4418-A9D9-063C8F40570B.jpeg

News

Can't remember the last time I checked the actual $ value of my holdings, helps me sleep better at night. I won't check it again until new highs :lol:

Here is the official patent just incase cats on here still say blockchain/crypto isn't a game changer, innovative, or will have NO INTEREST...

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1="20180240112".PGNR.&OS=DN/20180240112&RS=DN/20180240112
we almost 800 pages deep.. most of it within the last year.. its a few cats not seeing the future but i think most of here have foresight to see into the future hence why were putting money into this space in the first place. I think the FUD is coming mostly from the MSM articles. An ETF isnt needed for us to go to 20k bitcoin nor is an ETF needed for a 30k bitcoin. I think all of that will happen in time we just have to look at this bear market potentially playing out for another year if the projection of average time in a bear plays out.

lots of big money preparing for wave of the future.

we almost 800 pages deep.. most of it within the last year.. its a few cats not seeing the future but i think most of here have foresight to see into the future hence why were putting money into this space in the first place. I think the FUD is coming mostly from the MSM articles. An ETF isnt needed for us to go to 20k bitcoin nor is an ETF needed for a 30k bitcoin. I think all of that will happen in time we just have to look at this bear market potentially playing out for another year if the projection of average time in a bear plays out.

lots of big money preparing for wave of the future.

People who didn’t look into the tech pulled out and probably don’t plan to come back in any time soon

Does anybody know why I can't see my order histories anymore on Binance? I know I've bought some trx with eth in January but doesn't show anything on the page.

For anyone that has usaa... they have a coinbase option to link both services... Haven't done it yet but it might be for purchases or another savings or investment vehicle.

Crypto is what? 9 years old? It’s so young man just hodl your bags HODL! FanDuel adopting to crypto it just shows that it’s slowly being adopted it’s going to take time.

8D7D7F45-6442-4CC7-A0E0-0889AA420419.png
To be fair, that's a promo for Dash.

Back
Top Bottom