Official Bitcoin Thread

Your original post mentioned a range between 400-450 for a week and it dropped below that range, 2 things can happen (and both are equally likely to happen based on your limited explanation) 1. False breakout- it drops out of range and then returns back into the range 2. It breaks the lower resistance starting a new trend to the downside. To say "GET IN NOW AND YOU'LL MAKE x%" is foolish because the chances were equally likely it would continue down.

Next, when you were questioned on your reasoning you said "The market is moving from bearish to bullish. Quarter 4 is the strongest for Cryptocurrency. Feel free to check charts from previous years." This implies that you also based your trade on the "fact" that quarter 4 is strong for crypto. While that may be true OVERALL, basing a DAY trade on this is also foolish because timing is extremely important in day trading, at least in my experience. A quarter is a long time, and within that time frame there will be down days as well as up days. Much more analysis needs to be done, a basic example would be, what are the moving averages doing? How does the RSI look? How are the MACDs?

There is nothing wrong with discussing trading strategies, but i'd advise you to try and explain a bit more instead of getting defensive. I'm sure there are people that would like to hear what your thoughts are.
It sounds like you believe I make profitable trades by guessing? Your implication that I trade based on the fact that it is quarter 4 is off base. Please read my following posts where I mention technical analyses. I did not post my technical analysis, but advised that others can do one themselves. My TA worked on both coins/trades that I mentioned, so obviously I am not guessing or defensive about my results.

Also, you can make profitable trades when the market declines if you are trading futures/options, meaning a decrease in value is an awesome position to be in if you are shorting the price:wink:.

BRUH... I switched all my google authenticator accounts to authy earlier this year to make sure when I swap phones the cloud account would move everything.

**** moved NOTHING :smh: :smh:

I'm currently waiting to have my account recovered by binance :smh: :smh: :smh:

Had to use Coinbase to Changelly transactions in the meantime just to cover my *** :smh: :smh: :smh:

Similar, phone had an issue so I did a factory reset with no regard :lol:

What is going on with crypto. Its been in a range of like 1% for like months.

Just no volume at all, it's like watching paint dry. I'm hoping this gets resolved with a dramatic and sudden move up eventually. We just need some sort of catalyst, news, excitement...anything.

If you look back at the last cycle in 2013-2016 it was dead like this for a long time before the bull run began; so it could be a positive sign that we're done dropping and are bottoming out, sellers exhausted just no buyers coming in yet.

Last edited:
It sounds like you believe I make profitable trades by guessing? Your implication that I trade based on the fact that it is quarter 4 is off base. Please read my following posts where I mention technical analyses. I did not post my technical analysis, but advised that others can do one themselves. My TA worked on both coins/trades that I mentioned, so obviously I am not guessing or defensive about my results.

Also, you can make profitable trades when the market declines if you are trading futures/options, meaning a decrease in value is an awesome position to be in if you are shorting the price:wink:.

I never said anything about guessing, I said based on the limited information YOU wrote, which I quoted, the CHANCES aka probability was around 50/50, so for you to say "GET IN NOW AND YOU'LL MAKE 3-10%" is foolish which other people have pointed out as well.

And i didn't imply anything, YOU did which i also quoted. Your first reply was ""The market is moving from bearish to bullish. Quarter 4 is the strongest for Cryptocurrency. Feel free to check charts from previous years." that IMPLIES that you took this into consideration when you made your trade recommendation.

Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

If you want to make trade recommendations go for it, just be prepared to actually explain your reason.

Basic attention token on CB Pro

The first 3 listings have been a sign from what Coinbase showed (hinted) us months ago.

Expect ZCash, Cardano and Stellar in the future

Took the loss on my BCH for like $900. Got 3000 between bitcoin lite coin and ethereum. Prob just hold on to those
Should've held on to your bch in the short term. It'll rise on the next bullrun to its previous highs at least.

I've been meaning to put down a little bit more on all my holdings but I've been to resistant in fear of another dip to 5k.

XRP will be big in this space. I've had a few months to research and see what's going on with ripple and the banks. The next 12 months will be more interesting than the previous.

Dapps and adoption will be the catalyst to all of us getting rich

if you have crypto sitting around, get that compound interest on it.....i've been using compound.finance and its pretty dope. safe since all is running through smart contract..no terms, lease/borrow at anytime, withdraw any time. you access it via connecting to ethereum mainnet (brave browser, metamask, ethereum browser, coinbase wallet).

pretty nice making some $$ on coins that would've just been sitting on an exchange or wallet.

Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 8.55.26 AM.png

Also, if you remember....i posted about 1yr ago of an ICO called Primalbase. Its an office/leasing exchange and market ...1 TOKEN = ownership of an office at any of their workspace locations worldwide. Anyways, the market is about to open and pricing for Singapore, London, Amsterdam is ready.....and look whats openning in December.... NEW YORK offices!

Passive income while still owning the token (FOR LIFE!)

Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 9.08.10 AM.png

If anyone needs a rental office, holla ;-)

https://primalbase.com/en/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=new_website_launch

Should've held on to your bch in the short term. It'll rise on the next bullrun to its previous highs at least.

I've been meaning to put down a little bit more on all my holdings but I've been to resistant in fear of another dip to 5k.

XRP will be big in this space. I've had a few months to research and see what's going on with ripple and the banks. The next 12 months will be more interesting than the previous.

Dapps and adoption will be the catalyst to all of us getting rich

I got bch at its ATH at 4100, then it instantly dropped to like 3000 :lol: it was only down from when I bought it. And it was weighing down my account so I figured I’d sell it

if you have crypto sitting around, get that compound interest on it.....i've been using compound.finance and its pretty dope. safe since all is running through smart contract..no terms, lease/borrow at anytime, withdraw any time. you access it via connecting to ethereum mainnet (brave browser, metamask, ethereum browser, coinbase wallet).

pretty nice making some $$ on coins that would've just been sitting on an exchange or wallet.

Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 8.55.26 AM.png
Gonna look into it ... good looks

That looks like a solid move fapmasterjr fapmasterjr :pimp:

Also whats the frequency with the interest payouts with Compound??

I read an article on Techcrunch but couldn't find a clear cut answer.

Last edited:
That looks like a solid move fapmasterjr fapmasterjr :pimp:

Also whats the frequency with the interest payouts with Compound??

I read an article on Techcrunch but couldn't find a clear cut answer.

hi smedroc smedroc -- it looks like it goes by a specific time/checkpoint based onchain using solidity code. I see fluctuations almost every say 5minutes, so I know i'm gaining a little bit. I checked out their whitepaper and maybe you can do more investigating with this jargon :smile:

Whitepaper - https://compound.finance/documents/...04-83de48b6622ddd665234b41076d04c8b.pdf?vsn=d

3.2 Interest Rate Mechanics Compound money markets are defined by a pair of prevailing interest rates (the supply and the borrowing rate), applied to all users uniformly, which adjust over time as the relationship between supply and demand changes. The history of each interest rate, for each money market, is captured by an Interest Rate Index , which is calculated each time an interest rate changes, resulting from a user supplying, withdrawing, borrowing, repaying or liquidating the asset. A user’s balance, including accrued interest, is simply the ratio of the current index divided by the index when the user’s balance was last checkpointed. The balance for each account address in the MoneyMarket is stored as an account checkpoint . An account checkpoint is a Solidity tuple . This tuple describes the balance at the time interest was last applied to that account. The current Interest Rate Index is also stored globally. Each time a transaction occurs, both the supply and borrow Interest Rate Index for the asset are updated to compound the interest since the prior index, using the interest for the period, denominated by r * t, calculated using a per-block interest rate. Indexa,n = Index 1 )

Back
Top Bottom