Official Bitcoin Thread

Wow I’m glad I sold $100 worth of bitcoin this morning to buy nas. What a crash.

Bought 1 eth hopefully it goes lower.

Last edited:
FYI - barry silbert calling capitulation rt now:

What is 'Capitulation'
Capitulation is when investors give up any previous gains in any security or market by selling their positions during periods of declines. Capitulation can happen at any time, but typically happens during high volume trading and extended declines for securities. A market correction or bear market often leads investors to capitulate or panic sell. The term is a derived from a military term which refers to surrender.

Read more: Capitulation Definition | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/capitulation.asp#ixzz5WrMziXkX
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Will be interesting to see how low it does go.

Next BTC halvening (decrease in miner reward) isn't until 2020 but each past time it happened there was a massive bull run not long afterwards.

:lol: NT drinking Kool Aid. All the Nostradamuses and technical analysis went straight out the window.

You're better off buying when things are going up, things won't magically 3x in one day. Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the coins(even top 20) reach zero.
I didn't say anything about analysis or technicals... it's simple, the crypto market is still young and bitcoin and a few others will still be here 10 years from now... hold and you'll be fine.. I'm sure I lost a lot this year but I've blown that lost money on polo and foamposites in years past... at least there's a very big probability that I will regain those losses and some in the next 10 years....

Reactions: g14
Vast majority of alts are scams/going nowhere but if you look at total amount of money in crypto even at the peak it was still a very small fraction compared to total amounts in other traditional assets (gold etc). Things are still in their infancy, especially for something this disruptive, and we have a lot that has yet to happen (etf etc). As demographics of the world change and internet access/literacy increases if we see "store of value" use for coins like BTC get more adoption then the last all time high was nothing and we will blow past it to 100k, maybe even 1 million. I don't really get all the doom and gloom and regret posts now that the price dropped (but it's expected, happens every bear market; "we will never reach ____ price again blah blah") , everyone should have known what they were getting into, and in my view literally nothing has changed from when I first bought in. Is it guaranteed ? obviously not, but that's what makes it fun to watch develop. I have people messaging me asking what to do and before i'd try to explain my reasoning on why they should hold/buy more but now I just tell them if you're scared sell it and move on. I'm content holding what I have for decades to come. Whatever goes to 0 goes to 0, I've blown money on dumber things.

Why did you get into crypto in the first place ? For short term profits ? You probably should have sold long ago. Do you actually believe in some sort of long term vision ? Has anything changed to prevent it from happening ?

image.png

My point is merely that last all time high was not that crazy, it was still a fraction of the value of gold which is vastly inferior to btc as a store of value in many ways. Literally nothing has changed about that. People have been calling tops every single btc bear market since it was created. They've been wrong every time. Is this time different? I don't see any real reason why. Demographic changes and progression only point to higher prices coming.

I work in NYC in the finance/investment/asset management world, alot of these guys at the top controlling things are ancient (70+), they simply don't understand btc, and don't care about it, and it's hard to blame them. When something comes along and you are in your 40s 50s 60s it's much harder to adopt and understand it than if you grew up with it, and that's what I mean by demographic changes. It's only natural to expect that as younger people who are more familiar with btc age and gain higher positions along with internet access and literacy spreading around the world that we will see more money flow into it. Right now it's still not accepted on the level it should be. Look how long etf approval is taking. If it even moves to being 10% of the standard portfolio at money management firms; Do you know how many trillions of dollars that means?

Last edited:
I took some losses on alts, held some stuff, looking to buy more eth and enter into nas more. Gotta just find better products.

Back
Top Bottom