Official Bitcoin Thread

Yo how do we invest in Initial offerings? Do we have to go on their site, also how are shares of it given, since it is not an exhange do I need to have a wallet for it? Mad questions hope some one can help

Yo how do we invest in Initial offerings? Do we have to go on their site, also how are shares of it given, since it is not an exhange do I need to have a wallet for it? Mad questions hope some one can help
I can't vouch for this site, but a simple google search for "cryptocurrency ico list" will get you this:

https://www.ico-list.com/

Next thing is do DYOR on each and every coin/token ur interested in and find out how their ICO will be distributed and when.  Each ICO is different, there is no set standard, this is the wild wild west still.  Some will do a ratio, some is first come first serve, and some are capped.  PLS READ thoroughly.

I can only give you examples on the ICOs i participated in:

LISK - u send eth/btc over to their sale address and once ico closes, they send you a json file which has the amount of LISK you get (depending on how many investors vs coins)

WAVES - same as LISK

PLUTONS - They tell you straight up that 1bitcoin = 800 PLUs

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

I can't vouch for this site, but a simple google search for "cryptocurrency ico list" will get you this:

Next thing is do DYOR on each and every coin/token ur interested in and find out how their ICO will be distributed and when.  Each ICO is different, there is no set standard, this is the wild wild west still.  Some will do a ratio, some is first come first serve, and some are capped.  PLS READ thoroughly.

LISK - u send eth/btc over to their sale address and once ico closes, they send you a json file which has the amount of LISK you get (depending on how many investors vs coins)

WAVES - same as LISK

Are you looking at any new ICOs or are you just holding he alts you already have?

WAVES - same as LISK

thanks for the link but the ICO im planning to get in on is not listed. there must be alot of ICO's not on that list

I'll be receiving roughly $13000 on June 23rd so I am looking to invest a small portion of that into cryptocurrencies. I have worked with bitcoin (as a way of doing business, not really investing) for several years now but I'm quite out of the loop on ETH etc.

I'm a newbie in this thread so I'm just looking for some starting directions on the best place to learn more, particularly about ETH, and the prime platform(s) to buy and trade it.

I'll be receiving roughly $13000 on June 23rd so I am looking to invest a small portion of that into cryptocurrencies. I have worked with bitcoin (as a way of doing business, not really investing) for several years now but I'm quite out of the loop on ETH etc.

I'm a newbie in this thread so I'm just looking for some starting directions on the best place to learn more, particularly about ETH, and the prime platform(s) to buy and trade it.
read thru the thread. so tired of ppl asking the same questions over and over when all the answers are in this thread

read thru the thread. so tired of ppl asking the same questions over and over when all the answers are in this thread
There are 75 pages. Also I'm not forcing you or anyone else to answer. You are free to do as you please, including ignoring or declining to answer my question. Which is fine, no need to feel some type of way about it.

Last edited:

pages 7-35 gave me most of the info I neeed
Start off with Coinbase to buy BTC- ETH-LTC

one of my friends hit me up ealier.

said he found 12 ETH that he bought last year for $150 total sitting in a wallet he forgot about.

:x

Last edited:
one of my friends hit me up ealier.

said he found 12 ETH that he bought last year for $150 total sitting in a wallet he forgot about.

sick.gif
thats awesome! he must be stoked and wish he bought more

it comes with the territory, ol dude didnt sound ignorant with his question, so you dont have so seem so unwelcoming either :D

maybe if possible, a FAQ could be added to the Original post if a mod grants someone access if the OP isnt there anymore?

heres a new ico that i came across if anyone is interested

https://www.civic.com

question for ya'll...

were any of you part of the ethereum pre-sale?

my buddy loaded his coins AFTER the fork (ETH) and couldn't figure out how to load his ETC so I'm trying to help him out...

anyone in here have any experience with that? If so can I pick your brain for a bit?

Bro I'm new to this also, the best way to start is on Coinbase as the other guy mention. Search in YouTube you can find a lot of videos there. Here is your starting point with this video, you can subscribe to his channel

You aren't in the US so Coinbase won't work. Check if there is an exchange in your country, if not you can purchase coins on localbitcoins.com (price will be a bit higher than market price).

Once you have coins you can trade them for other coins on other crypto exchanges.

Coinmarketcap.com is a decent snapshot of all of the popular coins in circulation.

You aren't in the US so Coinbase won't work. Check if there is an exchange in your country, if not you can purchase coins on localbitcoins.com (price will be a bit higher than market price).

Once you have coins you can trade them for other coins on other crypto exchanges.

Coinmarketcap.com is a decent snapshot of all of the popular coins in circulation.
Turns out Coinbase does support Belgium actually. Still have to verify my identity etc. but I can link my bank account to deposit euros to my Coinbase acc and use that to purchase the cryptocurrencies. I could use a credit card too for instant purchases without bank deposits but I don't have one at the moment as it's not really necessary for anything here. Canceled my cc a few years ago as most stores didn't accept it and I prefer debit for everything anyway.

I'm thinking I'll probably deposit 1 or 2 grand into my Coinbase acc so I have a good amount of funds available in my balance to trade with in case of sudden price changes. Will study the market extensively before making rushed investments of course.

Also, the replies are much appreciated. Time to do some reading.
smokin.gif

Last edited:
it comes with the territory, ol dude didnt sound ignorant with his question, so you dont have so seem so unwelcoming either
happy.gif

maybe if possible, a FAQ could be added to the Original post if a mod grants someone access if the OP isnt there anymore?

heres a new ico that i came across if anyone is interested

https://www.civic.com
maybe you should make the FAQ. good luck trying to get some tokens from civic, thats the ICO ive been eyeing but im buying thru pre-sale

Back
Top Bottom