Official Bitcoin Thread

if you guys have a stack of btc, think about getting into badger.finance you will get badger tokens ($40) + DIGG token which is set to be a 1:1 peg with bitcoin. like always, keep an eye and DYOR

the method would be:

- wrap your bitcoin (WBTC)
- add the WBTC to uniswap Liquidity Pool (LP) with BADGER token
- add your new minted LP token to badger.finance and start earning APY

I'm in this one right now getting over 400% APY

2021-02-01 09_46_06-Badger DAO _ Deposit & Earn on your Bitcoin.png

ENsgsYIXUAIsiTh.png
Is this only for btc?

Fap - I dip in and out of this thread from time to time and ALWAYS appreciate the knowledge you droppin. I haven't dropped into this thread in months, though, and just started seeing some of your posts on the APY stuff. I took a look at that badger.finance site and it is confusing as all hell to me...totally understand APY, but I don't even know where to begin (even though you wrote out the instructions).

I think I've just distanced myself from the market for the past year or two holding my positions and only started looking at things about a month ago.

The majority of my BTC and ETH are in cold storage (not much by any means), but I have a small amount on the exchanges for quick jump-ins and whatnot...am wondering how I can use my cold storage holdings to pull in some interest (if that is indeed what I believe it is you are saying)

I know it's a lot to ask, but can you give a bit of a crash course on APYs and 'wrapping' and WBTC and Defi and liquidity pools?

sneaker savant sneaker savant - having your BTC and ETH is cold storage is a great thing! So if you were interested to make use of your BTC and ETH (assuming you are taking the risks, just like anything) you can do a few things:

- you can wrap your BTC so it will be on eth chain (erc20 version) by using either bitgo or wbtc.cafe. from there you will have your erc20 wrapped BTC in your ETH wallet (metamask for example) and now you can start earning APY's via a plethora of DEFI protocols. This is my example of using badger.finance....but there are many....curve.fi, yearn.finance, compound ..they all welcome WBTC!

- IF you believe in this bull run and think ETH/BTC will fly....why not put those assets into a balancer pool? You will earn transaction/fees as well as earn BAL (balancer token), which is currently worth over $30+. The pool in which I'm in is this one:

You can see the performance stats for this pool here:

2021-02-02 09_53_02-Balancer 33% BAL + 33% WBTC + 33% WETH Pool Price Chart (BPT) _ Zerion.png

So you can see how letting your $$$ earn for you in this space can be very fruitful. Remember, these protocols are lending these tokens to BANKS (jp morgan, chase, citadel) who are paying a premium. Dont think for one second that big funds are not dipping into crypto....they want it, and they are trying to stack.

- other options is to turn your btc/eth into stablecoins (USDC, DAI, USD TETHER, many others) and put them in a blockfi account and earn 10% straight up...compounding....that is insane returns.

**Best thing to do is watch some vids on youtube that break down each protocol. I can suggest this one....it does visuals so you can grasp easier:

GL and keep us updated.

Just sharing w/you the power of DEFI, APYs, and compound interest.... the above screen cap/post was from 1wk ago....here it is today with little movement/swaps on my end and by just holding and being a liquidity provider in Balancer and Uniswap and compounding the $$$

Ask away, i've responded to the peeps that DM'd me...but best to just ask in thread so we can all help each other out. GET THE BAG during the bull run bros

Updated Wallet:

2021-02-02 09_58_41-Balancer 33% BAL + 33% WBTC + 33% WETH Pool Price Chart (BPT) _ Zerion.png
Fap - I dip in and out of this thread from time to time and ALWAYS appreciate the knowledge you droppin. I haven't dropped into this thread in months, though, and just started seeing some of your posts on the APY stuff. I took a look at that badger.finance site and it is confusing as all hell to me...totally understand APY, but I don't even know where to begin (even though you wrote out the instructions).

I think I've just distanced myself from the market for the past year or two holding my positions and only started looking at things about a month ago.

The majority of my BTC and ETH are in cold storage (not much by any means), but I have a small amount on the exchanges for quick jump-ins and whatnot...am wondering how I can use my cold storage holdings to pull in some interest (if that is indeed what I believe it is you are saying)

I know it's a lot to ask, but can you give a bit of a crash course on APYs and 'wrapping' and WBTC and Defi and liquidity pools?

(really was too afraid to ask until I saw this: Ask away, i've responded to the peeps that DM'd me...but best to just ask in thread so we can all help each other out. GET THE BAG during the bull run bros")

Is this only for btc?

Their angle is for peeps who own BTC to get into wrapped BTC and earn APY. BUT, you don't need to own BTC to get wrapped btc...you can swap any token in ETHEREUM CHAIN (erc20) and get WBTC, then add liquidity to badger. I use uniswap for erc20 swaps...really depends on what you're holding.

sneaker savant sneaker savant - having your BTC and ETH is cold storage is a great thing! So if you were interested to make use of your BTC and ETH (assuming you are taking the risks, just like anything) you can do a few things:

- you can wrap your BTC so it will be on eth chain (erc20 version) by using either bitgo or wbtc.cafe. from there you will have your erc20 wrapped BTC in your ETH wallet (metamask for example) and now you can start earning APY's via a plethora of DEFI protocols. This is my example of using badger.finance....but there are many....curve.fi, yearn.finance, compound ..they all welcome WBTC!

- IF you believe in this bull run and think ETH/BTC will fly....why not put those assets into a balancer pool? You will earn transaction/fees as well as earn BAL (balancer token), which is currently worth over $30+. The pool in which I'm in is this one:

You can see the performance stats for this pool here:

2021-02-02 09_53_02-Balancer 33% BAL + 33% WBTC + 33% WETH Pool Price Chart (BPT) _ Zerion.png

So you can see how letting your $$$ earn for you in this space can be very fruitful. Remember, these protocols are lending these tokens to BANKS (jp morgan, chase, citadel) who are paying a premium. Dont think for one second that big funds are not dipping into crypto....they want it, and they are trying to stack.

- other options is to turn your btc/eth into stablecoins (USDC, DAI, USD TETHER, many others) and put them in a blockfi account and earn 10% straight up...compounding....that is insane returns.

**Best thing to do is watch some vids on youtube that break down each protocol. I can suggest this one....it does visuals so you can grasp easier:

GL and keep us updated.

Again - thank you for offering to school us all. Am I correct in assuming I will have to pull my BTC /ETH out of cold storage in order to wrap it? If I'm wrapping it does that mean it sits on/in a hot wallet and I run the usual hot wallet risks?

Again - thank you for offering to school us all. Am I correct in assuming I will have to pull my BTC /ETH out of cold storage in order to wrap it? If I'm wrapping it does that mean it sits on/in a hot wallet and I run the usual hot wallet risks?

Yes...you have risk, but if you own the keys you're good. I'd suggest to use metamask or what you feel comfortable w/where you control the keys.

send your btc over to a wrapped service (wbtc.cafe) w/the output being your MM ethereum address.

Yes...you have risk, but if you own the keys you're good. I'd suggest to use metamask or what you feel comfortable w/where you control the keys.

send your btc over to a wrapped service (wbtc.cafe) w/the output being your MM ethereum address.

interesting. ok. metamask wallet is a trip to me...like...it seems like it could be easily hacked (with a keylogger or whatever) but everyone seems to trust it...i only JUST opened a metamask the other day (made a few swaps), but having trouble overcoming my initial 'never trust a hot wallet' fear

i am still trying to fully understand these DEX's . fap do you know any good videos that explain uniswap and/or balancer and metamask? i ran into a bunch of issues trying to move my remaining BNB over to metamask because of the different network its on.

still doing my own due diligence and researching everyday!

i am still trying to fully understand these DEX's . fap do you know any good videos that explain uniswap and/or balancer and metamask? i ran into a bunch of issues trying to move my remaining BNB over to metamask because of the different network its on.

still doing my own due diligence and researching everyday!

tero tero - BNB is a bep2 chain (binance) so unless ur swapping a real old version of BNB (pre mainnet launch of binance chain) then that is the reason u can't send the BNB to MM

As for vid tutorials. Check boxmining on his metmask tutorial from about 4months ago...for balancer or uniswap, check finematics...I linked in my previous post

ETH :pimp::pimp:

Loving this space right now, so much upside, so much disruption. Just feels like BTC is finna BLOW this yr & beyond

HODL

Last edited:
I’m thinking about my strategy and altcoins in general...

Is the goal of altcoins to accumulate good alt coins? Or is it a way to accumulate more bitcoin while the bitcoin price lags and altcoins boom?

Is it smarter to just sell alt coins gains as close to the top as possible and only use it as a way to stack more bitcoin?

Or do we really believe all these coins will play a role in the future? Part of me just wants to cop only bitcoin and ethereum.
Lowkey want to sell all my alt coin bag and just yolo it all into ethereum lol

Keep coming back to this. I got a couple Gs in AAVE, LINK, SNX & LTC but I think the biggest gains to be made are with the leaders (BTC & ETH).

Really contemplating selling all my alts for the 2 main coins. What y’all think?

Keep coming back to this. I got a couple Gs in AAVE, LINK, SNX & LTC but I think the biggest gains to be made are with the leaders (BTC & ETH).

Really contemplating selling all my alts for the 2 main coins. What y’all think?

Ya'll need to start using portfolio managers ....zerion.io is free and it'll breakdown/track all your assets performance. you can then compare is it worth holding ETH vs AAVE for the past 3months? how about AAVE vs SNX?? It'll also display your avg cost of purchasing those assets. Then you can come to a conclusion on what you want to do

Last edited:

IMO my #1 priority is my BTC score; How much % of the 21M do I have? Once I reached my goal then I felt better about my alt holdings, and even then I still want more BTC because I want a higher % of the supply.

Alts are great, im currently 60/40 between BTC and Alts. I think a lot have value and use case but I'm def planning to partially sell some alt bags to fatten my BTC stack, BTC is king in my eyes, institutions aren't coming in this year to buy ****coins. That could very well change in 5-10 yrs, but im betting on accumulating the hardest money for now.

IMO my #1 priority is my BTC score; How much % of the 21M do I have? Once I reached my goal then I felt better about my alt holdings, and even then I still want more BTC because I want a higher % of the supply.

Alts are great, im currently 60/40 between BTC and Alts. I think a lot have value and use case but I'm def planning to partially sell some alt bags to fatten my BTC stack, BTC is king in my eyes.

There will be a time when you can't even fathom owning BTC.....it'll just be "how many SATS you have." BTC, once everyone figures this out, will be untouchable and unattainable

Back
Top Bottom