Official Bitcoin Thread

any tips on picking out LP pools? This is something I want to get to know better.

Added a little at 14.
I'm interested to see Fap's thoughts because I'm sure he'll have a much more seasoned and long term approach :lol:. But here are my observations about LPing after a couple months on Quickswap....

It seems to me that fees APY is misleading. By the time the fees you accrue catch up to impermanent loss, you'd have been better off just hodling. You'd need to have your tokens in the pool for a very long duration to rack up fees, AND both tokens would have had to appreciate/depreciate at a similar rate in order for the fees to be straight profit. If the tokens' prices diverge drastically in any way, impermanent loss will kill your profits (because you're always 'paid' in the depreciating token). For me, the allure of providing liquidity is farming.

Try to enter pools where you're bullish on both sides, AND do it on a platform that will farm extra rewards in a 3rd token that you're also bullish on. Farming QUICK on QuickSwap, MATIC/SUSHI on SushiSwap, KRILL on Polywhale etc. If you aren't getting rewarded in that 3rd token then it isn't really worth your while imo.

Like I said though I've only been doing it for a couple of months and my judgement is likely biased because I made some bacon on QUICK. It's really hard to try and explain the ins and outs. Dipping your toes in and getting some experience is my best advice.

** Not financial advice ** in my best Fap impression :lol:.

Gotta wait 2-4 days before I can buy SHIBA...

Waiting.gif

Angrykick.gif

Was trying to cop $SHIB on Saturday off Crypto.com. Bank flagged it, and it didn’t go through 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️. Ended up copping some this morning tho. Ain’t get in, at where I wanted. Smh

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm why are you high on sushi?
Let me make it clear, it’s not a high conviction play, but I think it’s too cheap. Looking at everything they’re doing, I’m really impressed by their developers and community and think next cycle, if the growth and focus continues, can see it be where uniswap is today.

Eth monthly chart, will be eying a pull back to the break out point to size in. If it happens, let’s ride, if not, I’ll continue to dca
1620696300021.png

Question: I opened an Eidoo wallet back in 2018 and haven’t really thought about it since. I just looked at it and saw that I have 87 LEND from an old airdrop that I had completely forgotten about (a little over $200 worth). I looked it up and apparently LEND is now AAVE. Is that a “good” coin? I’ve never heard of it and I was just going to swap it for Ethereum

Question: I opened an Eidoo wallet back in 2018 and haven’t really thought about it since. I just looked at it and saw that I have 87 LEND from an old airdrop that I had completely forgotten about (a little over $200 worth). I looked it up and apparently LEND is now AAVE. Is that a “good” coin? I’ve never heard of it and I was just going to swap it for Ethereum
so you got 87 shares of aave? if so that's a bag lmao

I was going to get it with usdt and buy it with my debit card to send over instantly but its giving me some error.

f it, I'm not using eth. I'll wait until crypto.com approves me and see if its still raging then.

Back
Top Bottom