Official Bitcoin Thread

Good, very informative read. I'll do my own research but who do you see as a main Oracle network competitor to Chainlink? Is there anybody?
The more you dive into this, you'll quickly see that although LINK has "competitors" they have 0 competition!

1624821162983.png

What is happening right now?

Tried to make a trade on Uniswap and saw some ridiculous fee and cancelled it straight away. :lol:

Edit: Just checked Etherscan and its a couple of random smart contracts causing the spike.

Last edited:
support 30.5k-31k - buy here.

I reckon we trade sideways from 30k-35k for a bit. Could we still pump 20-30%? sure.

Zooming out, from macro perspective, we had 1.7 Trillion in crypto (Total global $ in all cryptos per coin market cap) before the correction. We dipped down to 1.2 Trillion (30% decrease). We've trickled up to 1.3 Trillion where we're at now.

Get comfortable, this might be a minute. I'm taking my time, looking at buying projects on the LOW low. I'm doing some swing trading, my last buy was BTC at 31.3k, sold at 34.5k for a small gain.

I've seen 28k support level defended twice under times of heavy FUD, I think that's the bottom we'll see. If you believe in Wyckoff rules, the longer we go sideways, the bigger the PUMP.

I ended up purchasing a Helium hotspot miner last month, there's lots of different options for miners (some pay with crypto or some CC). I'll receive mine in October. They're really easy to setup, a plug and play. Wanted to share my research and experience so far:

Helium (currently ranked #67 coin market cap) is a project that is trying to fix wireless infrastructure using blockchain. I think it's a cool project and I'd be down to get cheap, strong, internet powered by blockchain technology someday.

They pay the miners to provide that wireless infrastructure via you're plugged in "longfi" router. It uses the same amount of electricity as a lightbulb. Your pay will depend on several factors:
Your miner will get paid based on how many "witnesses" it has. If your miner is in range, it can witness small, wireless devices like: dogcollar, electric scooter, smart watch. (Phones have too much bandwidth and cannot be witnessed). You have to share rewards with other miners in your radius (biggest factor in radius is elevation [height]) . If you're considering one, you should find where you are on the coverage map to see how many people you would be sharing with: https://explorer.helium.com/coverage#2.2/39.83/-65.58
Best situation: You're in a congested area, with no coverage, high elevation (on top of a mountain living on the top floor of your apartment complex) to cover big radius
Worst situation: You're in an area with little traffic, with lots of coverage (Ex. You and Billy-bob are the only people that live in a 50 mile radius in a low elevation valley, and he's obsessed with crypto, has 3 miners.)

The miners have been out for awhile now and have had diminishing returns as more people are sharing rewards. I would recommend it if you are a good fit based on your location.

I'm a pretty good fit, there's only a few hotspot miners in my city, My house is on a corner lot of a neighborhood with my backyard literally being the high school, and my sideyard being a large park. I'm expecting to make 1HNT/day. ~10-11$ at this time.

Helium also has nodes that will secure the network. If you have enough HNT, you can run a node and get more rewards. I don't expect to ever get one, but you can contribute to a node (Share) and get some of their rewards. My passive income play is to successfully mine HNT, then delegate to a node and earn rewards from the mined HNT. It's compounding and will build on itself. There is a Helium halving scheduled for August 1st, (will be others in future) in theory your HNT would be inflating after this.

Everyone has their own strategies, DYOR. This slow burn is MY kind of play.

Last edited:
my wife wanted to get one (or two) of those helium miners. we live in a tall building. my mom is on the 22nd floor. backlog of those miners is pretty long and you have to pay in USDT. i told her i couldn’t get any tether (this was before i found out how easy it is to use a DEX). i think she’s over it already. if we could make $10/day though, she would start asking me again.

i guess i’ll try and build up more funds to take advantage of the times. need more ETH!

Last edited:
my wife wanted to get one (or two) of those helium miners. we live in a tall building. my mom is on the 22nd floor. backlog of those miners is pretty long and you have to pay in USDT. i told her i couldn’t get any tether (this was before i found out how easy it is to use a DEX). i think she’s over it already. if we could make $10/day though, she would start asking me again.

i guess i’ll try and build up more funds to take advantage of the times. need more ETH!
My biggest fear isn’t the market not recovering, it’s a recovery that happens overnight before I can accumulate the size I want in everything. i still need to increase my RUNE bag more, double my ETH at minimum, start into AAVE, LINK, add more AMP, grab a moon bag of PERP, possibly buy SNX or MIR, start into UNI, double my moon bag of Siren, just so much to buy that I need probably a year or two to get the size I want in everything and I’ve already been hitting the ask hard on these coins so far

Im in a space where i dont kno if i wanna put 1000 on Ethereum and stake it or put the G on ETC....

for anyone interested in AMP, there’s going to be a Q&A with one of the co-founders on fb live tomorrow. the group name is AMP Token. i try not to read much of the commentary in there because it’s full of unrealistic expectations and too much cheerleading but this live stream might be interesting. i’ll probably watch.

7D7642A5-3B6E-4CC8-B84C-4737FEB811C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Made a side bet on $CATE. Im in early and had the chance to acquire massive volumes at its current price. I like the tokenomics as well. We’ll see if this one would take off.
FC3D9162-6283-4C34-8694-FDF839DEA09D.jpeg

I don't understand the benefit of a crypto based ETF. Is it for boomers these dont know how to get crypto any other way?

Slammed the lows during all of this, now I sit and wait and let time compound for me. ETH through the downtrend line and 21ema, as long as we hold today’s low, it’s ramp city.

didn’t get the size I wanted in rune, would’ve liked a few more buys but so be it. Increased my crypto holdings a lot during this.

I don't understand the benefit of a crypto based ETF. Is it for boomers these dont know how to get crypto any other way?
Fund managers looking crazy not being able to give their clients exposure to assets going up thousands of percent in gains a year.

Macro: Global coin market cap 1.48T today, up from 1.3T 2 days ago. 5%+/day. Money pouring back in. We'll get re-tested soon (no CURRENT short pressure, nothing imminent). I'll look to buy that dip when it comes.

BTC dominance steady at 46% indicating people are now buying into alts again (before BTC dominance was rising, indicating support for BTC and people possibly taking out of alts to put into BTC or people simply adding new $ into BTC.)

Back
Top Bottom