Official Bitcoin Thread

Am I the only 1 thats things about this crypto stuff all the time now?

I feel like we are seeing the beginning of something beautiful if you jump in right now
this has basically become my life now. I’ve been wanting to try my hand at starting a project or dao but obviously don’t have enough of a coding background to do anything substantial, just need to find the right people. But this is probably the thing that interests me most nowadays.
I'm glad many of you are seeing the light...it's just crazy to me how some peeps still disregard bitcoin/crypto. Check your friends/family that still hate on it and it just doesn't make sense:

"its such a volatile asset with lots of risks" == Goes to vegas every other month LOSES 10k+ and ok with it.

"its all illicit activity" = does drugs, downloads torrents, slangs/hustles bootlegs on the side

"bitcoin crashes" = Puts their money into USD where they lose 20%+ value annually (tax+inflation)

"It isn't even real" = queue the money printer gif

"only for collegekids/genx is buying this, not any REAL investor" = cathie wood, michael saylor, elon, jamie f'in dimon.

"this market is manipulated" = but owns GOLD, Diamonds, and other metals. SMH

Just stop it already and accept it. The sooner, the better. Everyone here who has questioned it in the past, its ok to be wrong...just get on now.
Man I’ve been tweeting about this for months trying to get people to take a second look at crypto and dive deeper, learn, take it serious. I’m working on an article now to try and wake people up to why crypto is for real and changing our lives forever. The biggest realization I had today that the volatility we get from bitcoin is the result of retail gamblers that are only here to buy high and sell low, miners who get squeezed by whales and nation states during fud and price discovery and over levered longs that get liquidated during price discovery. 86% of holders never sold during the last winter, the true crypto investor doesn’t go anywhere, they buy more.

Someone have an ELI5 why NFT's are worth anything? Like I understand the limited #'s, first of its kind, similar to art... but some of these are just absolutely trash "art". What makes it worthwhile from some random crypto dude, compared to any other "art" ? Lets start an NT x NFT

Here's data from 1 month, 3 month, and 1 year from the top 10 (by market cap, not including stable coins,):
1. Btc (the OG): 1 month: +39% 3 month: +24% 1 year:+309%
2. Eth (the first successful layer 1 protocol): 1 month:+48% 3 month: +14% 1 year: +690%
3. ADA (The first layer 1 protocol to take 5 years to have smart contracts): 1 month: +132% 3 month: +61% 1 year: +690%
4. BNB (first successful exchange coin)- 1 month: +60% 3 month:+29% 1 year: +2043%
5. XRP (Wants to be coin of the banks, ended up being the first coin to be in top 10 caught in SEC lawsuits forever)- 1 month:+93% 3 month:+12% 1 year: +307%
6. Doge (first meme coin to go parabolic into top 10)- 1 month:+51% 3 month: -14% 1 year: +8640%
7. Dot (First network protocol that allows data to be transferred across protocols) 1 month: +90% 3 month: +8% 1 year: +444%
8. SOL (the protocol ADA wishes it can grow up to be like in 2 years)- 1 month:+159% 3 month:+109% 1 year:+2064%
9. Uniswap (the OG swapping platform, change your coin to another)- 1 month: +2% 3 month: +50% 1 year: +470%
10. Luna (stable coin platform)- 1 month:+274% 3 month: +332% 1 year: +5973%

If you invested in anything in top 10 (not including stable coins), for year timeframe, your up 300%+. Nearly half in top ten are up 1000%+.

🙏🏼🔥🤑😂

12ACF8E7-B050-4610-A12F-031D545E9A6A.jpeg

Alchemy Pay really stole all of AMP's shine. The competition is good, I still don't trust ACH though.
i need to research ACH still but I will say this, the future of payments in crypto is not through debit cards, it’s through NFC enabled digital wallets. My biggest qualm with AMP is it relies on QR code (which ironically is huge in China) instead of NFC.
Someone have an ELI5 why NFT's are worth anything? Like I understand the limited #'s, first of its kind, similar to art... but some of these are just absolutely trash "art". What makes it worthwhile from some random crypto dude, compared to any other "art" ? Lets start an NT x NFT
Some of them are algo generated and exist solely on the chain which is a big deal but yeah, I need someone to sit down and explain art NFT’s to me because I don’t get it. Tbh that’s the most boring part of nft’s to me.

good thread here

I've set limit order to get in on more DOT. Auctions start in a month or so. Looking for good entries for the inevitable pump. ETH 2.0 is on track for December (If no significant delays), and I'll be looking for more entry points before that milestone as well. Buying the dip, BEFORE the rumor/news been working out well for me.

Does anybody know anywhere that posts coins that are about to hit Coinbase?

wouldn’t mind taking some risks on pump n dumps.
https://ventures.coinbase.com/ - These are upcoming cryptos Coinbase has invested in and have a trend of being listed on Coinbase. Coinbase usually waits until they're near mainnet/live, not just vaporware, but not always. My suggestion: Find ones you like amongst that list (that aren't listed yet)-->invest in them in the other exchange(s)-->wait for the Coinbase listing (stake in meantime?) --> Enjoy the profit after listed.

Stocks vs Crypto is my dilemma at the moment. My portfolio is balanced but I too often feel it should be weighted more towards crypto.

****ing quant man. someone was telling me to buy in the 40s and it’s been a steady climb up. i own none. it didn’t even really dive when BTC dumped a few months ago.

Do your research, you'll find the answer.

Back
Top Bottom