Official Black Friday Sales Thread..Post Pics of your steals

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Bad this year.

No people in BB or Circuit City

Bst Buy had the worst deals ever.... nothing worth buying

Wasted $15 in gas.... thanks god it is so cheap.

Bought a Terabyte external HD...... Is there any cool stuff I can do with this?
If you have two computers running linux, you could set up an Oracle Cluster and run one OS on two different systems, one as your main interface and the other as a failsafe.

But I'm sure you're not a nerd.

My bad.

nerd.gif
roll.gif

I'm mad I was sort of intrigued by that. Nerdom ftl
mad.gif
It's intriguing stuff if you are a nerd. And it's super easy if you have a 1TB external HD, especially if it's firewire compatible. Although, I was working with two Sun Fire T2000s, and most people don't have access to that kinda hardware. The server is a beast. You can hear the fan from the basement in a regular house.
eek.gif

We had it set up through the houses' home wireless routers. Had an old Cisco router dedicated to two of the T2000's, with a Dell (AMD processor, nice machine as well,) as the main HUD. Two failsafes.
laugh.gif

Had about 100 gigs of DRAM between both of the servers. Set up was SICKKKKKKKK.
You remind me of my friend.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Bad this year.

No people in BB or Circuit City

Bst Buy had the worst deals ever.... nothing worth buying

Wasted $15 in gas.... thanks god it is so cheap.

Bought a Terabyte external HD...... Is there any cool stuff I can do with this?
If you have two computers running linux, you could set up an Oracle Cluster and run one OS on two different systems, one as your main interface and the other as a failsafe.

My bad.

nerd.gif
roll.gif

mad.gif
It's intriguing stuff if you are a nerd. And it's super easy if you have a 1TB external HD, especially if it's firewire compatible. Although, I was working with two Sun Fire T2000s, and most people don't have access to that kinda hardware. The server is a beast. You can hear the fan from the basement in a regular house.
eek.gif

We had it set up through the houses' home wireless routers. Had an old Cisco router dedicated to two of the T2000's, with a Dell (AMD processor, nice machine as well,) as the main HUD. Two failsafes.
laugh.gif

You remind me of my friend.
What's your friend's name?
nerd.gif

mikey.jpg

Wrong dude. Must be a pretty cool cat though.

nh.

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

Anyone know how to hook up a blu ray player to surround sound? I'm lost..
Depends on how your blu ray player is set up.

Post the make and model and go from there.

Know it's kidn of late but picked up 2 polos from dillards for 18.70$ each, they are joking up there, big horse for 30$ almost everything is half off, Iwanted to get some jeans but they fit funny.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

It's a Toshiba..but I think ill be ordering this for mom. Thanks a lot.

my bad... i was looking at a samsung camera so the word was stuck in my head
laugh.gif

No worries at all...I didn't see free shipping but I ordered regardless...no tax , 16$ to ship...now moms will be suprised come Xmas. Thanks again.

i ordered the last gen macbook pro from the student store but I don't even know if it'll go thru
laugh.gif

if I get it, nice, if i don't, oh well

thanks20 did not work for Di.ck's Sporting Goods..

Any else have a coupon?

I'm trying to get a new NorthFace

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

I just bought a 32" Dynex LCD TV for $389 and my mother got a 42" Samsung LCD TV for $799.

Good thing I didnt get the 26" i saw for $349 when I went to Best Buy at 5 a.m. God I love Black Friday
pimp.gif

should have saved the 1188 you spent on both the TVs and got 1 that was better.

laugh.gif

No worries at all...I didn't see free shipping but I ordered regardless...no tax , 16$ to ship...now moms will be suprised come Xmas. Thanks again.

I didnt see the free shipping either, but ordered one too, since i missed out on the circuit city deal. Pretty much got it for a little cheaper if I were tobuy it in person. Now the waiting game. Thanks for the heads up

my boy works at best buy and dynex is the store brand.......i know they get like 40 or 50% off on allot of the store brand stuff.....wonder if that applies tothe flat screens
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

I just bought a 32" Dynex LCD TV for $389 and my mother got a 42" Samsung LCD TV for $799.

Good thing I didnt get the 26" i saw for $349 when I went to Best Buy at 5 a.m. God I love Black Friday
pimp.gif

should have saved the 1188 you spent on both the TVs and got 1 that was better.

The Dynex looks like decent quality and the Samsung looks like great quality. For only $50 more, I got a bigger TV.

And getting 2 TVs was a necessity..so I think I did well. The Early Bird Specials are mad overrated though. I went to Best Buy at 5 a.m and the line was wrapped completely around the building. And it seems they had better deals when I went back later in the day (around 3 p.m.)
you're happy is all that matters. I read that the samsung wasn't all that great, that's why I passed.

My bad.

nerd.gif
roll.gif

mad.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

That sounds sexy but hearing the fan from the basement? That's insane. I've been messing around with the Mac OSX server at my job and thatstuff is confusing as hell. I got yelled at for ruining the school's homepage for about an hour
laugh.gif
I hate Cisco router's though. Cisco router + cross over cables + 3rd party switch = fail.Shut off the entire floor's internet for like 4 hours because we couldn't figure out what happened.

Originally Posted by biggdizzle23

laugh.gif

I didnt see the free shipping either, but ordered one too, since i missed out on the circuit city deal. Pretty much got it for a little cheaper if I were to buy it in person. Now the waiting game. Thanks for the heads up
For some reason it said free shipping when i posted the link... I just checked again and shipping is $17... Thats kind of weird... But Im glad tohelp you guys out...

My bad.

nerd.gif
roll.gif

mad.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

That sounds sexy but hearing the fan from the basement? That's insane. I've been messing around with the Mac OSX server at my job and that stuff is confusing as hell. I got yelled at for ruining the school's homepage for about an hour
laugh.gif
I hate Cisco router's though. Cisco router + cross over cables + 3rd party switch = fail. Shut off the entire floor's internet for like 4 hours because we couldn't figure out what happened.
Yeah, we got stuck on making the switcher work. We got it from some old super computer. iish was like 15 years old. But we got it poppin'.Took us two days just for the switcher, and cluster installations are suppose to take a day. If that.
smh.gif
Plus, we had to find out manually that someone hadswitched the stickers around on the ports of the T2000. Hours in terminal for something that took 5 seconds to fix. When we figured it out I was like
mad.gif

Isn't the M-OSX just like unix? Or based off of Unix? People are saying that it's uses in the IT field are gonna explode in the next few years. Idon't wanna believe it.

roll.gif
@ the school thing, though. I remember I reset the password for one of the passwords on a computer at my old school. (Rewrote the SAM directories.) Ialmost got expelled. Then they promoted me.
laugh.gif

Did you know that Sun is letting people try their servers for 60-days with no charge, though? And after the 60 days, you can get the machine for 20%-40% off?
eek.gif

Cyber monnndddaaaaaaaaaay. http://www.sun.com/tryandbuy/index.jsp

And oh yeah. I tried the fan thing. Turned it on, put my ear on the carpet, and I could hear the loud whine of the fan. Those machines will overheat in asecond if those things blow.
ohwell.gif

Went to Bestbuy in the mid afternoon. Picked up Entourage Season 3 Part 1 and 2 DVD sets. Spent $20. I'm happy.

Yeah, we got stuck on making the switcher work. We got it from some old super computer. iish was like 15 years old. But we got it poppin'. Took us two days just for the switcher, and cluster installations are suppose to take a day. If that.
smh.gif
Plus, we had to find out manually that someone had switched the stickers around on the ports of the T2000. Hours in terminal for something that took 5 seconds to fix. When we figured it out I was like
mad.gif

Isn't the M-OSX just like unix? Or based off of Unix? People are saying that it's uses in the IT field are gonna explode in the next few years. I don't wanna believe it.

roll.gif
@ the school thing, though. I remember I reset the password for one of the passwords on a computer at my old school. (Rewrote the SAM directories.) I almost got expelled. Then they promoted me.
laugh.gif

Did you know that Sun is letting people try their servers for 60-days with no charge, though? And after the 60 days, you can get the machine for 20%-40% off?
eek.gif

Cyber monnndddaaaaaaaaaay. http://www.sun.com/tryandbuy/index.jsphttp://www.sun.com/tryandbuy/index.jsp

And oh yeah. I tried the fan thing. Turned it on, put my ear on the carpet, and I could hear the loud whine of the fan. Those machines will overheat in a second if those things blow.
ohwell.gif
I hate getting caught up with something that I know is going to take a long time. I figure being in IT you have to be stubborn in order to learnfrom your mistakes and such. Anyway, the OSX server is just like Unix. I want to play with it some more but since my last... ahem, mishap, my school'sserver admin. says I'm not allowed to.
laugh.gif
We've broken so many things I'msurprised me and my friends still have our job. But a lot of these computers, servers, etc. are nearly indestructable. I forgot the brand of the switch we usebut we've dropped it a million times and out of like 30 ports, only 3 are dead.
pimp.gif
Iwant to get Cisco certs but I heard its insane the amount of studying you have to do. I don't have any certs to be honest, I just came up on this byaccident and picked up along the way, I'm far from really knowing what I'm doing.

Yeah, we got stuck on making the switcher work. We got it from some old super computer. iish was like 15 years old. But we got it poppin'. Took us two days just for the switcher, and cluster installations are suppose to take a day. If that.
smh.gif
Plus, we had to find out manually that someone had switched the stickers around on the ports of the T2000. Hours in terminal for something that took 5 seconds to fix. When we figured it out I was like
mad.gif

Isn't the M-OSX just like unix? Or based off of Unix? People are saying that it's uses in the IT field are gonna explode in the next few years. I don't wanna believe it.

roll.gif
@ the school thing, though. I remember I reset the password for one of the passwords on a computer at my old school. (Rewrote the SAM directories.) I almost got expelled. Then they promoted me.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Cyber monnndddaaaaaaaaaay. http://www.sun.com/tryandbuy/index.jsphttp://www.sun.com/tryandbuy/index.jsphttp://www.sun.com/tryandbuy/index.jsp

And oh yeah. I tried the fan thing. Turned it on, put my ear on the carpet, and I could hear the loud whine of the fan. Those machines will overheat in a second if those things blow.
ohwell.gif
I hate getting caught up with something that I know is going to take a long time. I figure being in IT you have to be stubborn in order to learn from your mistakes and such. Anyway, the OSX server is just like Unix. I want to play with it some more but since my last... ahem, mishap, my school's server admin. says I'm not allowed to.
laugh.gif
We've broken so many things I'm surprised me and my friends still have our job. But a lot of these computers, servers, etc. are nearly indestructable. I forgot the brand of the switch we use but we've dropped it a million times and out of like 30 ports, only 3 are dead.
pimp.gif
I want to get Cisco certs but I heard its insane the amount of studying you have to do. I don't have any certs to be honest, I just came up on this by accident and picked up along the way, I'm far from really knowing what I'm doing.
As long as you're happy with your job, it's all cool. I'll be going to college for my BA in computer science next year. Nervous ashell.
frown.gif
In all honesty, I probably know enough to get a job in somesimple IT stuff, but it'd be impossible just coming out of high school to. Unless I was the LeBron of IT. But the most I've accomplished is littlelinux stuff.

I hate long projects like a cluster set up, although it's not really all that hard when everything is already set up. But it never is.
smh.gif
But, you'relucky to have a durable switch. My pops dropped his and the thing wouldn't even turn on anymore. It was an old one, but still. He has a better one, butdude watches me every second with me. I swear he was gonna make me wear some Cutter gloves when I carried a total of 5 feet. "Don't drop it, DON'T DROP IT!"

But yeah, the Certs are like, 70 hour classes. But if you can get your place of work to pay for 'em, they're worth it in the future. Plus, theydon't stay with the company. They stay with you. In all honesty though, you have to be able to attend a seminar every 6 months or you'll have outdatedknowledge. I know people who worked on the AC-Delco servers back before the old parent company failed. All of them dudes were steady reading books. And not ITfor dummies stuff either. Like, 700 page volumes of ZeroCool status stuff.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
....haters
laugh.gif
...they are everywhere..shorty in there wit her moms was hating because me and my girl were plotting on gettin the 73"(which is mits.)For the living room And the 66"(Panasonic I believe) for the bedroom and they were haggling over open box items and arguing wit employees...wife keepssayin oh the tv in the bedroom is too small...its 42"
grin.gif
so now I gotta 42" that I may put in my spare bedroom that needs to be redone.... oh welltoday was a good day

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

laugh.gif
....haters
laugh.gif
...they are everywhere..shorty in there wit her moms was hating because me and my girl were plotting on gettin the 73"(which is mits.) For the living room And the 66"(Panasonic I believe) for the bedroom and they were haggling over open box items and arguing wit employees...wife keeps sayin oh the tv in the bedroom is too small...its 42"
grin.gif
so now I gotta 42" that I may put in my spare bedroom that needs to be redone.... oh well today was a good day

Dude I'm guessing y'all have a house with a lot of space? How much do these TVs cost BTW?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom