...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

BOLD #*^$# on the IPHONE for real.

The Bold is good but the iPhone is great!!! Outside of the speakerphone (w/ noise reduction), and turn-by-turn GPS..... the iPhone clearly dominates and yes Iwill replace my Curve w/ the Bold (business phone) but my 3giPhone is the sickest mobile device I have ever used!

Originally Posted by yarrh

saphvw3.jpg

just swapped the titanium housing with an OEM sapphire
pimp.gif
(pic doesn't do color justice)
how was the installation of the new casing? and did that come with a battery cover too?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

eddibauer757 you obviously dont know what youre talking about.

cute kid btw

Thanks. She's my niece In what way am I wrong? The iPhone is a better device. Besides what I mentioned and MMS what can the Bold do better than the iPhone?Dont get it twisted... I am going to buy the Bold but thats just because its the most advanced device RIM has to offer.

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

The Bold is good but the iPhone is great!!! Outside of the speakerphone (w/ noise reduction), and turn-by-turn GPS..... the iPhone clearly dominates and yes I will replace my Curve w/ the Bold (business phone) but my 3giPhone is the sickest mobile device I have ever used!

Iphone more of a gimmick phone, beside surfing the mobile web ...i dont see anything on the iphone that outshine the blackberry in ...

saphvw3.jpg

pimp.gif

where did you get sapphire from. I got the purple/blk housing for mine
pimp.gif

"Iphone more of a gimmick phone, beside surfing the mobile web ...i dont see anything on the iphone that outshine the blackberry in ..."

Web browsing, mp3 (with Cover flow for convenient searching), App store, emails, facebook/myspace, the games are ... lets face it, storage space (onboard) formovies, and the touchscreen user interface is the only one of its kind. Besides that... BB Bold FTW

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

"Iphone more of a gimmick phone, beside surfing the mobile web ...i dont see anything on the iphone that outshine the blackberry in ..."

Web browsing, mp3 (with Cover flow for convenient searching), App store, emails, facebook/myspace, the games are ... lets face it, storage space (onboard) for movies, and the touchscreen user interface is the only one of its kind. Besides that... BB Bold FTW

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

saphvw3.jpg

pimp.gif
how was the installation of the new casing? and did that come with a battery cover too?
For those who asked, I got everything from cnn.cn (a full housing, keyboard tray, and two screwdrivers, minus side buttons.) It took a lil over aweek to arrive from Hong Kong.

The installation was a pain in the $#!.

You had to rip every foam sticker, antenna sticker, the speaker mesh, the speaker itself, from the old and hope it still has enough adhesive to stay on thenew...not to mention you have to replace the battery door release mechanism and the two gold contacts beside it, the mic gizmo and a whole lot of delicate%%!+. Basically, the housing kit only comes with the molding. I wouldn't recommend it you try if you've never worked on phones like that.

I lost the tiny spring that pushes up the battery door release and broke some internal pieces off of the two gold-plated charging dock contacts, but that'strivial to me.

Other than that, the phone looks brand new from the outside *fresh trackball* and functions 100%, so I'm happy.

Originally Posted by Bigballa8899

Walmart has the bold for free with a 199.99 mail in rebate. But the catch is that you'll have to purchase a att plan of 59.99 not including the blackberry plan.

http://walmart.letstalk.c...ct/product.htm?prId=34661 href="http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=34661" target=_blank>http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=34661http://walmart.letstalk.c...ct/product.htm?prId=34661

i dunno how folks hate on wal mart

so with a 2 year contract renewal you get this joint for 149.99

anyone know why my bb messenger doesnt work at all anymore? I cant add anyone or nuthin! i got a new one from sprint my old phone wouldnt charge anymore.

Heres my pin someone try and add me 30309884

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

saphvw3.jpg

pimp.gif
For those who asked, I got everything from cnn.cn (a full housing, keyboard tray, and two screwdrivers, minus side buttons.) It took a lil over a week to arrive from Hong Kong.

The installation was a pain in the $#!.

You had to rip every foam sticker, antenna sticker, the speaker mesh, the speaker itself, from the old and hope it still has enough adhesive to stay on the new...not to mention you have to replace the battery door release mechanism and the two gold contacts beside it, the mic gizmo and a whole lot of delicate %%!+. Basically, the housing kit only comes with the molding. I wouldn't recommend it you try if you've never worked on phones like that.

I lost the tiny spring that pushes up the battery door release and broke some internal pieces off of the two gold-plated charging dock contacts, but that's trivial to me.

Other than that, the phone looks brand new from the outside *fresh trackball* and functions 100%, so I'm happy.
laugh.gif
i suggest you DONT try this .... dudes gonna be voidingout warranties on brand new phones after waiting all this time- stick to that colorware site i posted which is much more simple-

no1 copped the bold?

my store sold out of 60 very early on in the day. we have one return. im waiting on employee pricing ofr if i can get it for free as my employee phone.

Originally Posted by Late80s

no1 copped the bold?

my store sold out of 60 very early on in the day. we have one return. im waiting on employee pricing ofr if i can get it for free as my employee phone.

pimp.gif

yes folks did cop the bold, there was a bold thread yesterday

Originally Posted by Late80s

no1 copped the bold?

Yup, I was at my local AT&T store about 8:20 %!* yesterday morning and I was 3rd in line when they opened at 9. I exchanged my 3G iPhone forit. Now I have a Curve for the biz line and the BOLD for personal. I'm thinking about finding someone to swap with and trade my Curve for a 1st geniPhone mainly for the iPod since there really isn't a need for 2 BBs.

Originally Posted by StickyRicky34

I'm about to go check my mail. I hope my BOLD is there
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
i should have a blackberry in the mail today 2....too badits just ANOTHER replacement for this curve....

its all good ~10 more days!

Late 80s or any other ATT employees....

I just want the Bold for data...but I realize I most likely won't get "discount" pricing. How long will I have to just cancel the voice part ofthe plan and keep the data?

Back
Top Bottom