...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

is there a way to make it so that everytime i send an email from my BB, it doesnt automatically send me a copy of it? i been looking around and don't see any options. it's just annoying that everytime i send an email, i get a copy of it 2 seconds later

Go to Message-Options-Email Settings and turn off Confirm Read & Confirm Delivery

lol i dont pay nothin for my blackberry.

me, moms and sis all got blackberries on family plan. i think she writes it off as a business expense

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

is there a way to make it so that everytime i send an email from my BB, it doesnt automatically send me a copy of it? i been looking around and don't see any options. it's just annoying that everytime i send an email, i get a copy of it 2 seconds later

Go to Message-Options-Email Settings and turn off Confirm Read & Confirm Delivery
ah cool. thanks bro

Bold gets better everyday...anyone thinking of getting a colorware housing to change it up from the 1000's of other people with Bolds now?

Got my BB Curve in the mail earlier today...
pimp.gif

I got a lot to learn, but I'm alright with that...knowledge reigns supreme.
pimp.gif

I found my blackberry cruve, someone from work found it in a conceal box, and by the way I lost this phone in April. I really think someone stole it from mylocket and hid it in the box when things got to hot when i reported the lost/stolen phone to my manager. I hate thieves.

My curve is running its last toll.. I can't count how many times I dropped this phone, and surprisingly the only thing wrong with the phone itself is thetracking ball, won't scroll down anymore. Deciding if I should stick with T Mobile or get Verizon and get the Storm.. I'm still not sure how I feelabout touch screen though

A tip for everyone-
Don't use any chargers that aren't RIM/Blackberry brand! Not even ones from phone stands.. I did this and regret it so much now. It wasn'tcharging my phone properly and I didn't even notice until it started overheating my battery- the battery is so fat now I can't properly close the backpanel over it.
smh.gif
Now I can only use my phone when it's plugged into the wall (which makes it even worse) * Edit- I know batteries aren't thatexpensive but it is verryyyy inconvenient.. guess I gotta make up my mind fast.

I just got the bb world 8830 for my job, i need anything i would need, and firmware updates yall know about that came out for this phone and anything else youthink would be helpful
thanks

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

If AT&T gets a 3G Javelin, it's a wrap. I'll jump ship quick. I thought about switching for the Bold, but I can't get down with the QWERTY on it--the keys are way too close for me to bang out texts and emails easily. I like everything else about it though.

I just hope that with the Bold and Storm out of the way, a lot more info on the Javelin starts leaking very soon. The Storm is so damn tempting, but the Jav is what I really want.
Not going to happen, I guarantee it. The BlackBerry Bold is the new flagship phone for RIM. Both the Curve8900 & the Bold have their pros and cons which makes for good versatility for consumers. However, if they put 3G on the Curve8900... then that would be the clear-cut winner when trying to decide which phone to get and makes the Bold no-longer the flagship phone. The Curve8900 will DEFINITELY have EDGE on it. Besides, it's supposed to be exclusive to T-Mobile first so I'm hoping it drops in December. It will eventually be released on AT&T (without 3G of course) but likely in March of '09, or 3 months after it releases on T-Mobile.

Hmmm, not sure if I agree with you. Funny how we have already seen an AT&T branded 8900 and no TMO USA joint yet. It will most definitely drop with bothcarriers, but don't think a 3G joint is too far off. Wouldn't it only make sense to move the best selling BB to date(Curve) to 3G eventually? Why onearth would RIM be content with pushing out EDGE only capable units? To keep it simple....they won't. Eventually.

The Bold replaced the 8800, if I'm not mistaken. And the 8900 would replace the 8300 series. AT&T had both, although not with 3G. I don'tunderstand why its unfathomable that they could carry both the Bold and 3G capable Javelin. They are different devices aimed at different markets. The Boldfor the more business-minded person, and the Javelin for the average texter, emailer and picture taker(hence the 3.2mp camera). And don't forget thatAT&T has said they want to go 3G with their entire lineup.

Time will tell though. I just hope more news on the Jav drops soon because I'm tired of waiting.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Blackberry is the way to go, since we doing the pin thing
grin.gif

31C6D3EF
[/color]

Hmmm, not sure if I agree with you. Funny how we have already seen an AT&T branded 8900 and no TMO USA joint yet. It will most definitely drop with both carriers, but don't think a 3G joint is too far off. Wouldn't it only make sense to move the best selling BB to date(Curve) to 3G eventually? Why on earth would RIM be content with pushing out EDGE only capable units? To keep it simple....they won't. Eventually.

The Bold replaced the 8800, if I'm not mistaken. And the 8900 would replace the 8300 series. AT&T had both, although not with 3G. I don't understand why its unfathomable that they could carry both the Bold and 3G capable Javelin. They are different devices aimed at different markets. The Bold for the more business-minded person, and the Javelin for the average texter, emailer and picture taker(hence the 3.2mp camera). And don't forget that AT&T has said they want to go 3G with their entire lineup.

Time will tell though. I just hope more news on the Jav drops soon because I'm tired of waiting.
I understand your point but the differences in the Bold & Curve 8900 would be very small if both were on 3G. I believe the Bold has a betterprocessor speed from reading the difference in specs. However, I don't really see how the Bold is more suited for a business-person. They intentionallyused to leave out cameras for those business minded people (hence why the 8700 didn't have one). The Curve 8900 is what the Curve now... except upgraded.Last summer before there was serious news of the Bold, the Curve was advertised everywhere and when BlackBerry sponsored something, they made sure they put aCurve on the advertisement (like the John Mayer tour during the summer). Now they're fully putting everything behind Bold (Madonna's tour) and theStorm to promote Verizon. However, if they brought a 3G Curve 8900 to AT&T which one would they promote as their flagship? I think the average consumer andeven the above-average consumers will see the basic specs and realize the Curve8900 is better. The Curve is smaller, better camera, better onboard space. Nottoo many people are paying attention to processor speeds and OS specs.

Just my opinion. I hope you're right though. I'd gladly jump ship to AT&T if this happens.

FYI: For those who can't wait for the Curve 8900/Javelin to drop in America, you can buy it off T-Mobile Germany's website.

Actually, the different processor speeds, on board memory, larger size and different keypad types appeal to different users.

I know the Curve was a huge hit cross-markets, but there was always a niche for the 8800 series, be it business or not.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Hmmm, not sure if I agree with you. Funny how we have already seen an AT&T branded 8900 and no TMO USA joint yet. It will most definitely drop with both carriers, but don't think a 3G joint is too far off. Wouldn't it only make sense to move the best selling BB to date(Curve) to 3G eventually? Why on earth would RIM be content with pushing out EDGE only capable units? To keep it simple....they won't. Eventually.

The Bold replaced the 8800, if I'm not mistaken. And the 8900 would replace the 8300 series. AT&T had both, although not with 3G. I don't understand why its unfathomable that they could carry both the Bold and 3G capable Javelin. They are different devices aimed at different markets. The Bold for the more business-minded person, and the Javelin for the average texter, emailer and picture taker(hence the 3.2mp camera). And don't forget that AT&T has said they want to go 3G with their entire lineup.

I understand your point but the differences in the Bold & Curve 8900 would be very small if both were on 3G. I believe the Bold has a better processor speed from reading the difference in specs. However, I don't really see how the Bold is more suited for a business-person. They intentionally used to leave out cameras for those business minded people (hence why the 8700 didn't have one). The Curve 8900 is what the Curve now... except upgraded. Last summer before there was serious news of the Bold, the Curve was advertised everywhere and when BlackBerry sponsored something, they made sure they put a Curve on the advertisement (like the John Mayer tour during the summer). Now they're fully putting everything behind Bold (Madonna's tour) and the Storm to promote Verizon. However, if they brought a 3G Curve 8900 to AT&T which one would they promote as their flagship? I think the average consumer and even the above-average consumers will see the basic specs and realize the Curve8900 is better. The Curve is smaller, better camera, better onboard space. Not too many people are paying attention to processor speeds and OS specs.

Just my opinion. I hope you're right though. I'd gladly jump ship to AT&T if this happens.

FYI: For those who can't wait for the Curve 8900/Javelin to drop in America, you can buy it off T-Mobile Germany's website.

I spoke to a blackberry rep a few weeks ago in my store...dude said RIM and AT&T were going back and forth on whether to get the javelin on 3G, RIM wants3G throughout their lineup, while AT&T thinks it will be more cost-effective to keep it on EDGE.....IMO if the javelin does indeed have 3G, i might justdrop this bold and cop because the javelin keyboard is absolute heatrocks...

I mean I'm all for 3G, there's no reason for me to be. Maybe I'm just not getting my hopes up because T-Mo is the red-headed stepchild when itcomes to getting the nicer phones.

if you bought a BB from rogers on 3 year plan and unlocked it yourself would that have any affect on your contract or on the phone?

No, you would just be able to use it on any GSM carrier if you travel, i.e. to Asia like you always do mellow.

If Rogers finds out it may void your warranty, but that's only if you send it in to them and they actually check it, which is highly unlikely.

laugh.gif
you read my mind soulize

time to make the switch, these asian phones are just tooo advanced for canada
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom