...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

for those who ordered the storm through verizon/online and said it will ship out the 5th of dec, did u guys receive them? cause i noticed it says the 15th now on the website. did all those who ordered for the 5th date get pushed backed to the 15th as well? planning to order and wanted to know how fast it came in if anyone did receive it

I ordered mine and it was suppose to ship the 5th and I received it yesterday
pimp.gif

yo i DLed the leak the night it came out.... so far no problems. the acel. is much faster and switching to and from apps is faster as well. i say go for it,but read the CB forums instructions first.

Any idea whe the official BB update is supposed to come out? I thought I read it was supposed to come out yesterday.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

is there a date for when ATT will update the curve software to 4.5?
I honestly don't believe that this will even happen anymore. It was suppose to be released with the BB Curve 8320 on AT&T, but thishasn't happened apparently. Check out Blackberry Forums and download it from there and you will get the same results.

Its also a pain to go on some websites.
Opera Mini

i called a verizon store today and they said they won't have anymore storms until late this month or even next year...anyone else get that response?

Originally Posted by soulize dp

For GPS I would use Amaze or this one, TelMap: http://global.telmap.com/tugpc/http://global.telmap.com/tugpc/ these look like your conventional GPS systems and have turn-by-turn navigation and voice.
Both are free and work well, but BB Maps and Google Maps also work well with the GPS on the Bold, they are a bit faster than the first 3rd party options.

I highly suggest trying out TelMap, depending on your area it could be pretty good for a free GPS software with turn-by-turn and voice navigation...otherwise GoogleMaps or BBMaps work well already.
hey i downloaded the telMap app and there's a little globe icon that wont go away on my screen (next tothe txt/email/facebook notice icons...)
How the hell do I get rid of it???

and thanks Da R Entertainment

The ROGERS blackberry 8900 will begin shipping on DEC 5th on allocation.

*Quadband EDGE
*UMA with Wifi
*aGPS with Ephemeris
*3.2mp with Auto Focus

*$549 mtm or 1 year.
*$524 on a 2 year with no data.
*$499 on a 2 year with data.
*$499 on a 3 year with no data.

179.99 on 3 year voice + data promo

img8610ai0.jpg

img8611ga9.jpg

img8609ld2.jpg

"Owwwww."
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@ 3 year contracts, this ain'tprofessional sports... I remember when a contract lasted only 1 year. These service providers better start giving out signing bonuses
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

... whats next 5 year contracts.

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

the bold is INSANE! got mine on sunday and i'm so glad i made the switch from my iphone. push mail that works, tactile keyboard, lightning fast OS, etc. this thing is making me wonder why i didn't switch earlier

blah!
yea tell that to all the other NTrs who think the iphone is the best thing ever.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

update for the storm out today at noon?
looks like it-

verizonstormalert.gif

More Details: If things go as we hear they should, the OTA Wireless Update will be available at 12 noon (we assume EST) on Friday and should be available for download by 6pm from http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/

Verizon Update Details: Just in, some "official sounding" verbage in regards to tomorrow's release of 4.7.0.75 and what it addresses.

The following issues have been addressed:
  • Device may reset intermittently while sitting idle or when using multimedia applications
  • User may experience one-way audio (incoming audio is muted) when using voice activated dialing
  • When listening to music on low volume while wearing wired headphones, the volume of the music will increase to the highest level when the user receives an incoming call
  • Improvements in display performance in terms of switching between landscape and portrait modes and keys displaying correctly
  • Improvements in performance for multimedia capabilities such as video, music and MMS
  • Improvements in bluetooth audio performance in certain scenarios
*The software update will be available via the desktop manager, web SL and OTA*

Weak. Not gonna be home until tomorrow late night. I was checking last night at midnight but no dice. Can't wait to update the phone. Getting tired ofreboots and lag time. Heard the update gets it close to perfect.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Weak. Not gonna be home until tomorrow late night. I was checking last night at midnight but no dice. Can't wait to update the phone. Getting tired of reboots and lag time. Heard the update gets it close to perfect.
i wouldnt cross my fingers but they are saying OTA which i assume would allow you to do it on the go? never did an update like that so i'm notsure...

thing i dont get is.................RIM delayed the bold for the longest for us in the States...........then it seems like they rushed this stormout...............its good yall gettin the updates quick an all but wth is going on?

Verizon unlocked the GPS on the Curve and Pearl.

It doesn't work with GMaps yet, but works with BB Maps.

I've been getting 10-13 satellite connections.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

thing i dont get is.................RIM delayed the bold for the longest for us in the States...........then it seems like they rushed this storm out...............its good yall gettin the updates quick an all but wth is going on?
cant call it- the carriers prob have some kind of input? also as you see by the availability now where new orders prob wont touch down til jan- they only released a small amount of units-

does anyone know why i keep getting "sim card rejected" right below the time and date on my blackberry storm?

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Verizon unlocked the GPS on the Curve and Pearl.

It doesn't work with GMaps yet, but works with BB Maps.

I've been getting 10-13 satellite connections.
Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

smh.gif
@ 3 year contracts, this ain't professional sports... I remember when a contract lasted only 1 year. These service providers better start giving out signing bonuses
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

... whats next 5 year contracts.

laugh.gif
It's VERY silly out here in terms of these contracts our wirelesscarriers are making us sign for phones. They got us doing O.J. Simpson numbers just for phones out here. **%$ ain't even fair.
smh.gif

I've never been knowledgable on unlocked phones, but is it possible for the BB Storm to work on AT&T?

I'd rather not switch providers, but I'd like to have that phone.

Back
Top Bottom