...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

The storm only sucks if you don't know how to modify it properly. I have .83 os on after I did a JL_Cmder. My storm is 100x better than people with the stock .65 OS. If your not a tech person I don't recommend it yet for the average person. But, if you make modifications like changing the os. Removing things you don't need or use. I removed im programs, vz nav, visual voice mail. I have 50 megs of free app space and everything works great. Is it perfect. No. But it's only been out for like a month. I can still access rss, satelite radio, orb to access my pc, ton of other stuff not nt appropriate. I would suggest doing some research on crackberry if your considering the phone. I'm happy with it. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 after having it for a month.
yeah pretty much, so far so good. Im staying with .75 for now for the stability until i get more familiar with blackberry world. Only problems i really have are lag/freezing with media playback and camera, which sounds like it gets better with the next update. But im coming from winmo touchscreen phones so im good.
But thats what im talking about ... Spaceman , tell me the truth lol , how much does it lag in comparison with the 3G in your opinion .. and is the media player that awful ??? My brother is strongly convincing be into purchasing the storm on the family plan and insist that he knows all the best updates and how to remove certain apps that I wouldnt likely use .. Will the phone much work better than , media wise ??
I've had the storm since a little before christmas and it works great...you just get rid of all the excess that's useless anyway, upgradethe operating system and it's a hell of a lot more responsive than when I first purchased it. Haven't had any troubles with any of the programs orwhatever either....Actually an even faster, more responsive OS dropped today that I haven't gotten a chance to mess with quite yet

seems like it's hit or miss with some people.

Got a Curve from work the other week, I'm diggin it's battery life lol, this is coming from someone who uses 3 phones (iPhone and G1 as well).

BB <3

what site has some good wallpapers for the Bold, not crackberry the user uploaded ones sucks IMO. any other cool things i can do with it also?

If I were to get the BOLD from BestBuy would I need to buy it with the data plan?? Also would I be charged for sent/received pics without the data plan?

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

If I were to get the BOLD from BestBuy would I need to buy it with the data plan?? Also would I be charged for sent/received pics without the data plan?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If I am not mistaken, you must buy a data plan unless you are purchasing from Ebay or some othervendor. You can pay for it the first month and turn it off, but what the hell is a Blackberry without a data plan[/color]
eyes.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...oh well still a Blackberry[/color]
happy.gif

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Why the hell isn't T-Mobile giving a date for the freaking Curve 8900. It's like quickstrikes with BlackBerry(s) these days.
It is most likely going to be out on February 18th. It should come out earlier IMO, but I'll wait. Both crackberry and howardforums have thisdate.

I NEED A MONEY MANAGER....

I used to use Bankarama for my Windows based Moto Q, but now I have the curve and need something like that.

Like a checkbook app.

I would love to have bankarama again, but everywhere I look is like $20
smh.gif

I'm not used to shelling out cash for apps....

nerd.gif

quick question does the 8700r not support bbm? i have no clue which device software version the unit is running on, is it possible to upgrade the device tosupport it or no?

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

New OS updates for the Storm and Bold

crackberry

Keep in mind this is not an official release

NICKLE DIME..............yea the BOLD is a great fun.

For those of you with the BOLD how much does your bill come out to at the end of the month? ATT data plans FTL

yo dom, it should as long as its not verizon world or anythin

still no word on the 8900 huh?
heavily considerin gettin the bold n unlockin if the 8900 doesnt release in the next couple weeks

I'm still goin crazy at how the blackberry can tell whether or not it is in the case and actually changes how the ringtone volume and vibration strength isdepending on if its in the case or not.

man i found some great tips on crackberry to help "fix" most of the storm issues. my storm runs great now. the only thing im having issues with isgetting the damn screen shield on without any airbubbles

I just got the blackberry BOLD.. Which OS is the best for the BOLD and how do I go about installing this?Also how do you make your own ringtones??

There is a magnet in the holster / case that puts the phone into standby mode, that's how it changes it ringtone profile...

And IMO the best firmware for the Bold I've used so far is .210...I haven't tried .216 or .217 yet but .210 is the best one over anything before it inmy experience.

Anyone else have this problem with their bold? (It just restarts on its own, the red lights goes solid, then restarts, pisses me off at times)
i think the FW is
v4.6.0.162 (Platform 4.0.0.155)

Time to upgrade?
--------Edit, upgraded, hope it solves the problem.

Good looks on the firmware... How to you make custom ringtones for the BOLD?(Srry for all the questions imma blackberry noob)

Originally Posted by threat6

Anyone know when the bold is dropping for verizon?

the Bold will not be available to CDMA carriers like Verizon and Sprint.

they will be getting a trimmed down version of the Bold currently called the BlackBerry Niagra.

Back
Top Bottom