...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Yea I'm sure it is. The 8900 curve has wi-fi so you could use that. And yes the bold has video recording capabilities. It has 2.0 megapixel cam and the8900 has a 3.2 mp cam.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by Late80s

My 8310 has terrible battery life. I have no apps running and it goes dead within 10 hours.
how long have u had ur battery?
I picked up the 8310 in September. I haven't even had it for a year yet and it's dying on me.
tired.gif

if u have at&t theyll replace it under warranty

Originally Posted by Late80s

My 8310 has terrible battery life. I have no apps running and it goes dead within 10 hours.
I picked up the 8310 in September. I haven't even had it for a year yet and it's dying on me.
tired.gif

if u have at&t theyll replace it under warranty

shabooyah1124 wrote:

Do you charge it overnight or more then what your suppose to?

Most people dont realize this but if you charge it more then what its suppose to charge for itll kill the battery with time, youll go from 5hrs talk time to3hrs then 1hr talk time

It takes away from the power of the battery permanently even if its at a full charge it wont last like its suppose to.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

How do you change the sound of the bberry email notifications on the bold cuz when I get one I think its a text but its just a email

Thanks
- Make sure you already selected the profile with the notifications you want to change ( i.e. Normal, Loud, Vibrate...)

- Go to the Profile menu then click Advanced

- Hit Enter again (it should already be on the sound profile already selected)

- Then you get to change the sound for any incoming messages/calls ( i.e. Facebook, AIM, Text, MMS, E-Mail, etc...)

I've got a question about one of my email accounts...

Once I send a reply to any email using my gmail account, I get a copy of that e-mail I just sent. It doesn't happen with my other email account. I'vetried messing with all the settings, but can't figure out how to not get these copies. I even get a copy of the e-mail when I send directly from Gmail onmy notebook. However, there is no copy in my mailbox (on the notebook) when I send using this method. So it can't be gmail (even though I tried messingwith those settings too). So I gotta figure out a way to stop getting the copies on my Curve

Someone help me out, thanks!

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

I've got a question about one of my email accounts...

Once I send a reply to any email using my gmail account, I get a copy of that e-mail I just sent. It doesn't happen with my other email account. I've tried messing with all the settings, but can't figure out how to not get these copies. I even get a copy of the e-mail when I send directly from Gmail on my notebook. However, there is no copy in my mailbox (on the notebook) when I send using this method. So it can't be gmail (even though I tried messing with those settings too). So I gotta figure out a way to stop getting the copies on my Curve

Someone help me out, thanks!
Who's your service provider?

You basically have to make a filter through the service provider's website...

Let's say you have verizon:

You have to log-on to Verizon's website and access your account...

Then click on your e-mail settings and there should be some settings to filter out your e-mail...

Make a new filter:

1. Filter name: Block sent items
2. Apply Filter when: From field
3. Contains: insert your e-mail address

Then check the box that says "Do not forward messages to the device"

That should fix it..

- 8900 qwerty > Bold qwerty

- Bold 3g > 8900 EDGE

- The Bold is HUGE.

-
The 8900 is small.

- 8900 3.2MP camera > Bold 2.0MP camera

so yeah, choose the phone you like based on those points. i went with the 8900 over the Bold mainly cause of the qwerty and size difference. i couldcare less about 3g (i'm lying. sometimes i wish the 8900 had 3g). i'm still in a Wi-Fi hotspot most of my time ANYWAYS so it ain't nothing.

[h2]RIM's BlackBerry 9630 World Edition finally strikes a pose[/h2]
by Sean Cooper, posted Mar 5th 2009 at 9:41AM

Finally, an honest to goodness picture of what may well be the sweetest BlackBerry RIM has pushed out to date. Featuring keyboard styling taken from its chubbier friend, the BlackBerry Bold, and the sleeker lines of the Curve 8900, this certainly looks like a recipe for success. If you're a BlackBerry user on Verizon, we'd say major celebration is in order if this wanders your way in the near future. We still only have the info we posted last week about it, but as the hype spins up, we expect the leaks will, too.

Why is the Opera so slow on my bold now? Been using it for a week and then starting yesterday it started becoming real slow and not loading properly. I wouldhave to hit the button to the left of the ball everytime then exit for it to display something. I had to settle with using the default browser the past twodays.
smh.gif
What should I do?

edit: i just deleted the program and restarted it. I don't mind but I lost all my bookmarks and gotta put them all back in.
smh.gif

Da R Entertainment wrote:
Also, there's a app called Quick Launcher that is a definite must have for the BB. It allows you access texts, emails, BBM, IM, Maps, etc with the press of one button.

You can do that with any device that has a keypad anyway.

Go to your dialing screen.

Hit Menu.

General Options.

Turn "Dial From Home Screen" from yes to no.

Save.

Then anytime you wanna' check your messages, hit M, BBmsgr, hit N, basically look at whatever option you're choosing and whatever has the underscore(_), you just press that letter and it'll shortcut you to that feature.

Works for everything but the Pearl and the Storm I think.

My-T.

Using opera mini on the storm, does anyone know how to do a regular reply? I only seem to be able to quick reply.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

IMHO the BOLD qwerty is waaaaay better than the 8900, Curve is too small for my big hands.

well the Bold is wayy better than the 8900 as a whole.

My contract is up soon and I'm trying to keep it $200 or less. Tmobile sucks in my area, so switching carriers is out of question. I'm thinking aboutjust going with the 8320 since its free.

Its crazy.

I got rid of my G1 and Pearl Flip and got back with a Curve 8900, and to go read the thread from page 100 and dabble every 2 to 5 pages and read all thespeculation is crazy.
laugh.gif

What I saw:

Tmo getting the Storm
Tmo getting the Bold
ATT getting the Storm

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom