...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Jordan Balla

I just learned I can upgrade to an 8830 for 100.
Can someone quickly educate me on the pros and cons and the features of this phone? And it seems petty but does that -70 really make a difference compared to the 8900?
haha you have no idea.. the 8800 series is what the bold came from, and is quite outdated... on top of that i used to have one and had numerous problems with it, and i know other people that had the same problems too.. dont by old technology, if you have a choice go with the 8330 instead, i loved that phone it was so stable and by far the easiest keyboard ive ever used... im on a storm now and love it but its one of those things that youre either going to love or hate, and i know too many people that are on the hate side lol... in essence, dont get the 8830, the numbers (+70 to 8900) dont mean anything, the 8900 is much better than 8830 (but is only for tmobile at the moment)

what is so great about the 8330 compared to the 8830? And also I've been look at the 8900 but was simply wary about buying a phone that wasonly +70 over another because it seemed like it would not be that big of a deal.

seen this on crackberry its the 9630...sry if this was already posted does anybody have any info on this this is the first time i've seen anything on it

edit: its supposedly coming to verizon and possibly spring
grin.gif

The only differences between the 8830 and 8330 is that the 8830 lacks a camera/video recorder so not only can't you take pics, but you may not be able toreceive MMS. Curve's a bit smaller. The 8830 is also a world edition phone that can operate on overseas GSM networks. Other than that, the only majordifferences are the keyboard size and, IMO build quality- I thought the 8830WE felt a bit sturdier than the Curve.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

seen this on crackberry its the 9630...sry if this was already posted does anybody have any info on this this is the first time i've seen anything on it

grin.gif
does not compute.

pimp.gif
Red Bold

Anyway to password protect an application? If I want to only password protect my SMS/MMS can I do that?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

The only differences between the 8830 and 8330 is that the 8830 lacks a camera/video recorder so not only can't you take pics, but you may not be able to receive MMS. Curve's a bit smaller. The 8830 is also a world edition phone that can operate on overseas GSM networks. Other than that, the only major differences are the keyboard size and, IMO build quality- I thought the 8830WE felt a bit sturdier than the Curve.
I know what you are talking about but the 8830 I saw was the "normal" version I guess you can say. It was built like every other bb andhad the camera etc..

grin.gif
What will the niagra have that the bold won't? Just a smaller size?

how hard is it to change the housing on a 8310?

im damn close to ordering a black housing plus a diff color trackball/bezel.

blacked out curve
pimp.gif

also what happens to my phone when i update the OS?
does my phone lose all its info?

I can't seem to get on NT on my Curve. Every time I try to click a link it won't let me. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

grin.gif
What will the niagra have that the bold won't? Just a smaller size?

Niagara is more so 8900 than 9000.

3.2 MP camera, Micro USB...

Keep in mind the Bold is a phone created WAY back in 2007 even though it only came out last year.

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

I can't seem to get on NT on my Curve. Every time I try to click a link it won't let me. Has anyone ever had this problem?

this has been asked several times in this post.

you may look back through some of the pages, but i believe the answer is to use the Opera Mini browser rather than the built in browser.

Opera Mini solved my problems of not being able to post on NT.
Maybe it will help you get on.

anyone know how to get rid of the email delievery confirmation message? before i didn't care for it...but now its getting on my nerves ...i have a BOLDbtw

Is 180 good for the 8900? I was talking to tmobile and because of my time with them I was told I would get the phone for that price. Either that or the curvefor 100 I think or the 8230? I think.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Is 180 good for the 8900? I was talking to tmobile and because of my time with them I was told I would get the phone for that price. Either that or the curve for 100 I think or the 8230? I think.
Not a bad at all IMO. I would grab it.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

anyone know how to get rid of the email delievery confirmation message? before i didn't care for it...but now its getting on my nerves ...i have a BOLD btw
Go in to your Messages-->Menu Key-->Email Settings-->Confirm Delivery = NO

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by i3allistic

anyone know how to get rid of the email delievery confirmation message? before i didn't care for it...but now its getting on my nerves ...i have a BOLD btw
Go in to your Messages-->Menu Key-->Email Settings-->Confirm Delivery = NO

i did that...not working, hmmm...maybe i have to delete and re=setup my email...?!?!

Back
Top Bottom