...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

How do you scroll around on the bolt? It doesn't scroll for my bold
You can use the trackball and/or the 2,4,6,8 buttons.

I d/l bolt about a week ago....it's nice for some things but I prefer Opera. Opera is much smoother easier to scroll and I dont really see a speeddifference.

IMO Bolt is only good because you can edit posts, quote, reply to PMs on NT. I find if a page on NT has too many pics it will almost freeze.

For my normal browsing I use opera, I only use bolt if I need to do the things I stated above.

Originally Posted by TRUFANCE

Verizon heads: Is there anyway to get a blackberry with verizon wireless without setting up a data plan?

Whats the point of getting a BB with no data?

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

I'm boutta switch over to AT&T...gotta take the L and drop $500 for the deposit.

What would be the cheapest way to get the Bold? dude at the kiosk said he can give me one for $350 plus the $100 rebate. This a good deal?

or is there anywhere online I can get the Bold for cheaper?
Wirefly.com I think they have the bold for 200 with a 2 year contract.

Originally Posted by s dubl

I d/l bolt about a week ago....it's nice for some things but I prefer Opera. Opera is much smoother easier to scroll and I dont really see a speed difference.

IMO Bolt is only good because you can edit posts, quote, reply to PMs on NT. I find if a page on NT has too many pics it will almost freeze.

For my normal browsing I use opera, I only use bolt if I need to do the things I stated above.
Hm, is opera free and where can I download it for my curve?
Btw my curve is lagging quite often, showing the clock spinning around. Any ideas how I can speed it up? For the record I clear out my internet content,history etc. often and I don't have too much on my phone as is.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I'm boutta switch over to AT&T...gotta take the L and drop $500 for the deposit.

What would be the cheapest way to get the Bold? dude at the kiosk said he can give me one for $350 plus the $100 rebate. This a good deal?

Is wirefly legit?

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I got my storm today. I'm messing around with it a bit. So far, it is alright. I updated to .132 and it is going a bit smoother now. Is Opera Mini really the best browser? I seem to be having trouble with it. I can't even enter a web address or anything. Also, Google Maps says it can't find my location every time I try. Is the "Find Me" feature available with the Maps app that came with it?
.141 is DOPE !!! The best OS by far... And yea Opera Mini is the best, to me... With .141, the BB browser isn't too bad either. In regards to entering the address, you'll have to hit the BB button and scroll down to 'show keyboard'. I don't think Opera Mini was optimized for the Storm. Still fairly fast though
try the .141 w/5.0 hybrid. even better cuz the browser is tons faster.

hey fellas, a quick quesetion. i'm considering picking up a new phone and am really diggin the 8900. however i know that new ones are coming out, althoughi don't know the release dates, so i'm just wondering what you guys would recommend? just get the 8900 or hold out for a new product to drop?

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

I d/l bolt about a week ago....it's nice for some things but I prefer Opera. Opera is much smoother easier to scroll and I dont really see a speed difference.

Btw my curve is lagging quite often, showing the clock spinning around. Any ideas how I can speed it up? For the record I clear out my internet content, history etc. often and I don't have too much on my phone as is.
http://www.opera.com/mini/ from your phone, yesit's free.

For the lagging of your phone, maybe try deleting some of the apps you dont use, or a battery pull? Mine does it from time to time but nothing too bad.

Is wirefly legit?
Very legit. I just switched back to T-Mobile and used them.

Patiently waiting for Sprint to drop the CDMA version of the Bold or Niagra
mad.gif
mad.gif

Is wirefly legit?
Yes sir. Copped my Curve from them a year back.

hm. so they're still gon check my credit of course..still assuming ima have to drop that $500 on the deposit. how long do you think it'll take to do acredit check and all of that?

How long does wirefly take to process your order? They're charging $80 to upgrade to the 8900, seems suspect though.

I just upgraded my Cingular Razor to BB Bold on a family plan and I have one main question. They sent me a 3G sim card, but I already had the old orange and white one with all of my contacts saved on it. I put in the orange and white one and everything works fine. What I would like to know is do I have to use the 3G one for the 3G Network to work properly when I get a data plan? If I do, is there a way to transfer the contacts off of my old orange and white sim card to my 3G one without doing it manually number by number?

Since theyre saved to you sim, got to your address book go to options and look for "copy to phone"
then once theyre copied, turn it off and put in the 3g sim card.

Do the same steps but now choose "copy to sim" and thats it.
I just did it to my old razr that way.

If you want the bold or att that bad go ahead and do it, if not switch to sprint (they approve the best and with the lowest deposit) unless your tryna leave sprint lol

Would you just be getting one line?
I can get you the bold new for $250 plus tax, no rebate that you have to wait 6 and even up to 8 months and I can possibly waive your activation fee.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Btw my curve is lagging quite often, showing the clock spinning around. Any ideas how I can speed it up? For the record I clear out my internet content, history etc. often and I don't have too much on my phone as is.
http://www.opera.com/mini/ from your phone, yes it's free.

For the lagging of your phone, maybe try deleting some of the apps you dont use, or a battery pull? Mine does it from time to time but nothing too bad.
opera better than the stock browser correct?

Quick question.

How do I set up a custom ringtone on the Blackberry Curve? I just keep it on vibrate.

Back
Top Bottom