...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

I just got a Pearl like a month ago and I love it. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My only question is what is Blackberry Messenger?[/color]
Instant messaging service between BlackBerry devices.

If you know other BB users and they have the data plan, tell them to text you MYPIN (after my pin, they have to pressthe space key)

Go to BBM and add them to your contacts.

Voila!

Do I have to manually dl the updates to my 8900 because it seems like it has been out for awhile now.
btw read my sig and help me out.

laugh.gif
I just updated my OS and forgot to backup everything.
smh.gif

I got my storm today. I'm messing around with it a bit. So far, it is alright. I updated to .132 and it is going a bit smoother now. Is Opera Mini reallythe best browser? I seem to be having trouble with it. I can't even enter a web address or anything. Also, Google Maps says it can't find my locationevery time I try. Is the "Find Me" feature available with the Maps app that came with it?

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I got my storm today. I'm messing around with it a bit. So far, it is alright. I updated to .132 and it is going a bit smoother now. Is Opera Mini really the best browser? I seem to be having trouble with it. I can't even enter a web address or anything. Also, Google Maps says it can't find my location every time I try. Is the "Find Me" feature available with the Maps app that came with it?

I'm an idiot. I had GPS turned off.

Just installed Bolt. Its true it is much faster than the bb browser. Thanks for the heads up jordanhead7792.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I got my storm today. I'm messing around with it a bit. So far, it is alright. I updated to .132 and it is going a bit smoother now. Is Opera Mini really the best browser? I seem to be having trouble with it. I can't even enter a web address or anything. Also, Google Maps says it can't find my location every time I try. Is the "Find Me" feature available with the Maps app that came with it?
.141 is DOPE !!! The best OS by far... And yea Opera Mini is the best, to me... With .141, the BB browser isn't too bad either. In regards toentering the address, you'll have to hit the BB button and scroll down to 'show keyboard'. I don't think Opera Mini was optimized for theStorm. Still fairly fast though

I just put Opera on my Storm today.

I tried to post a reply from it but I dont get the box to type my reply.

Only place I can write in is the title of the post.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

I just put Opera on my Storm today.

I tried to post a reply from it but I dont get the box to type my reply.

Only place I can write in is the title of the post.

Any suggestions?

Do a "quick reply"

BlackBerry 8520 aka GEMINI
As it's currently labeled on the Options > About screen, the BlackBerry Curve 8520 features some new innovations from Research in Motion, including an[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"optical trackball"[/color] (so long sticky balls!) and dedicated media player buttons. TheCurve 8520 has an updated look too: on the front of the device the LCD protector sort of extends down over the buttons for a more polished appearance; theperimeter of this new Curve is rubberized (rubber coated buttons) and the whole device has that swanky blacked-out look from factory.

That "insert SIM card" on top of the screen doesn't bode well for you Sprint users...

blackberrycurve85205.png

blackberrycurve85201.png

blackberrycurve85204.png

blackberrycurve85203.png

Dedicated media player buttons on the top of the device. Notice the "Curve" branding.

^^^
That's
pimp.gif
except for the keyboard. Bold Keyboard FTW

Is anyone having trouble connecting their blackberry to their computer?? mine's not getting noticed by my computer.

I just upgraded my Cingular Razor to BB Bold on a family plan and I have one main question. They sent me a 3G sim card, but I already had the old orange andwhite one with all of my contacts saved on it. I put in the orange and white one and everything works fine. What I would like to know is do I have to use the3G one for the 3G Network to work properly when I get a data plan? If I do, is there a way to transfer the contacts off of my old orange and white sim card tomy 3G one without doing it manually number by number?

If I'm on T-Mobile how much round about would it cost to upgrade to the 8900 if I haven't even had my plan for 6 months?

I was about to pull the trigger on the 8900 but no 3g... Phone was only costing me 200 without contract
smh.gif

Verizon heads: Is there anyway to get a blackberry with verizon wireless without setting up a data plan?

I'm boutta switch over to AT&T...gotta take the L and drop $500 for the deposit.

What would be the cheapest way to get the Bold? dude at the kiosk said he can give me one for $350 plus the $100 rebate. This a good deal?

or is there anywhere online I can get the Bold for cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom