...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by belle155

first time posting in this thread.

i have verizon and want an upgrade. had the OG chocolate for years and its on its last leg. i wanted to get a blackberry but i wasnt sure which kind to get (thru verizon again) or i wasnt sure if a new one would be coming out soon that would be worth the wait for. all i know is i heard the storm isnt that great. so is my only option the curve? what about the pic above, onyx? is that comin out soon for verizon>?

Belle, check this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/official-blackberry-9630-faq-225368/

That's the "Tour" a.k.a. 9630, and it should be coming out this July. Definitely worth the wait, IMO. There are some video reviews in the linkposted. Basically, the "Onyx" is the GSM version of the CDMA "Tour".

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

whats so good about that phone? if theres no special id rather keep the BOLD.

laugh.gif
Look, I can't knock the Bold. It's dope at what it does. But in the near future, the Bold will be OLD news. RIM has a ton of new devices coming out in the next year or so. Dudes act like the Bold is the end-all,be-all when it comes to BB's because it is currently the best 3G BB out. I'm sorry, but the devices coming out soon will make that thing look like abrick.

I guess I could ask what is so special about the Bold compared to this? The bottom line is that technology changes over time--RIM's devices don't seemto evolve THAT much from year to year, but the higher end BB's will have added or tweaked features that the Bold does not have. Its just a naturalprogression that leaves the "older" devices looking not so fresh anymore.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

whats so good about that phone? if theres no special id rather keep the BOLD.

laugh.gif
Look, I can't knock the Bold. It's dope at what it does. But in the near future, the Bold will be OLD news. RIM has a ton of new devices coming out in the next year or so. Dudes act like the Bold is the end-all, be-all when it comes to BB's because it is currently the best 3G BB out. I'm sorry, but the devices coming out soon will make that thing look like a brick.
Wait so the Bold does have 3G? i thought I read it has Edge...

well i looked up info on the one posted and Bold is still gonna be the best BB out. I think its gonna stay like that til the bold/storm combo comes out which iwill not get since i hate touch screen and hated the storm.

I agree with TRIFE, but for right now the Bold is probably the best BB there is. It has practically every feature you'd want: 3G/HSPDA, GPS, WiFi...everyother phone currently available has some sort of compromise (carriers are more to blame)- Verizon's Curve has 3G and GPS, but no WiFi, for example. I wishthere werent any carrier exclusives, so that ALL BBs would be available on all networks with the same features, so all you had to do is pick which companygives the best service. I hated the fact I had to wait about a year after the Curve originally released to get the Verizon version.

I have the storm now and it's pretty good. It is still slow as hell sometimes and typing is just sloppy. I'm on firmware .132 but I think I may want toget the Tour. The thing is I just started a two year contract with the Storm. Now what?

The only thing I can complain about with the bold is the camera. The thing is awful.

I keep reading that Bold has EDGE except for here... I can get this phone for like 150, but I didnt cause it doesnt have 3g... But people in the thread say itdoes...

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

I keep reading that Bold has EDGE except for here... I can get this phone for like 150, but I didnt cause it doesnt have 3g... But people in the thread say it does...
ATT Branded Bolds (correct me if I'm wrong) do not allow you to chose the 2G optionlike other branded Bolds....I have a Bold and I am experiencing the volume issue, my volume buttons DO NOT work, and it's bloody annoying

If the Tour comes out I'm gonna be
mad.gif

Does T-Mo have a trade in plan cuz I've already had the 8900 for 4 months. But I'll drop it if I can get the Tour.

TD The God wrote:

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

I keep reading that Bold has EDGE except for here... I can get this phone for like 150, but I didnt cause it doesnt have 3g... But people in the thread say it does...
ATT Branded Bolds (correct me if I'm wrong) do not allow you to chose the 2G option like other branded Bolds....I have a Bold and I am experiencing the volume issue, my volume buttons DO NOT work, and it's bloody annoying

upgrade ur firmware ...that might work ...

-i love my BOLD, but i dont really see anything else it need to be added Camera - 3G - optional memory slot - HD screen ....i might upgrade when my contractsup to the next BB, but i'm in no hurry...i'm a happy customer

question for blackberry "experts"....a friend gave me an extra bb curve
because my piece that charges the phone is broke. unfortunately, the
last password attempt failed and it won't charge anymore because it
says to reset
frown.gif
is there any way to reset it w/out calling att since itwas
disconnected?? PLEASE HELP!! I CAN'T GET A NEW PHONE TIL JULY
laugh.gif

Jordan you can do what I HAD to do. I forgot my password and after calling tmobile they said just try one more time and after that last wrong attempt the phonewill shutoff and reset itself.

Btw that new bb looks like the 8900 and bold combined which imo is worth a trade.

Back
Top Bottom