...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by illmatickal

Went from a HTC touch pro to a bb tour this past sunday and I absolutely love this phone. Changed from the original $30 SERO (F&F 500) to $30 SERO voice only + free BIS + $7.50 unlimited text. Anyone on SERO that wants to try getting free BIS, read this.

I was so tired of windows mobile. Ended up getting it from a local sprint store because a connect I had at best buy (nyc area) that said they won't be getting the sprint tour's until further notice. Only the LI/NJ best buy's received them for now.

The phone is
pimp.gif
. I love the fact that it comes unlocked so I can put in any sim card and it works seamlessly. The keyboard works great. I had no issues with the "screen ripple." My battery door is slightly loose but not a deal breaker. All in all, I am VERY happy with my purchase of the tour. Certified crackberry addict now.

they just closed sprintgurus.com for some reason, and i forgot to get the add on codes for the free BIS service added on to your sero plan, anyone got thecodes for the BIS service, Picture mail, and $7.50 unlimited text?

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

Went from a HTC touch pro to a bb tour this past sunday and I absolutely love this phone. Changed from the original $30 SERO (F&F 500) to $30 SERO voice only + free BIS + $7.50 unlimited text. Anyone on SERO that wants to try getting free BIS, read this.

I was so tired of windows mobile. Ended up getting it from a local sprint store because a connect I had at best buy (nyc area) that said they won't be getting the sprint tour's until further notice. Only the LI/NJ best buy's received them for now.

The phone is
pimp.gif
. I love the fact that it comes unlocked so I can put in any sim card and it works seamlessly. The keyboard works great. I had no issues with the "screen ripple." My battery door is slightly loose but not a deal breaker. All in all, I am VERY happy with my purchase of the tour. Certified crackberry addict now.

they just closed sprintgurus.com for some reason, and i forgot to get the add on codes for the free BIS service added on to your sero plan, anyone got the codes for the BIS service, Picture mail, and $7.50 unlimited text?

This may change my mind..

nerd.gif

Free BIS - PDSBUNL0

7.50 text - SMS750UR1

Picture mail - PICPACK0

Remember to ask to switch over to sero voice only first and then have your rep try to add the codes in. I'm not entirely sure on the $7.50 code but my repwas able to find the add-on in the system before I even mentioned it. Good luck!

Memphis- Just get the phone at a "ready now" sprint store. Process would be so much smoother than getting it from BBY. Only trade off is the rebatewhich isn't that
bad of a wait. I dont think I can go back to the touch pro or any windows mobile phone after owning a blackberry. Let me not hype it up too much, just get it!

EDIT: Got my tour tethered to my mac. no need for tetherberry or any program for that matter
pimp.gif

i'm in a really big toss up between 16g iphone 3gs (white) or BB Bold. someone give me a reason to get the bb over the iphone. please!

Originally Posted by HidayetTurkoglu

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

Originally Posted by piczon1983

1jnmmv.jpg

I know I a suppose to look around.

But how do I blackout my Bold?
nerd.gif

Its actually pretty easy. The Bold is real easy to take apart with only like 6 screws. But it voids warranty. U can get the bezels, housings, keyboard at sitessuch as:
- cnn.cn
- truesupplier.com

Very Cheap.

Yep. Changing housing is cheap and easy. I got my new housing off of a seller off of amazon. Just two things of advice: make sure the tools are includedwherever you buy from & if you have a older phone (I've had mines for a year) just buy a new keypad/keyboard too. My keyboard had separated on theinside so when I popped the faceplate off, keyboard buttons fell everywhere.

& does anybody have idea on whats the new/next 3G BB to hit AT&T?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by quik1987

bb-9700-in-the-wild.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

T-MO 3g BB FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SSSWWWEEEEEEEEETTT
pimp.gif

I already used my upgrade on the 8900, I may have to call and complain so they may offer me a upgrade when I'm not eligible
devil.gif
laugh.gif

What it this? Release date?

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

EDIT: Got my tour tethered to my mac. no need for tetherberry or any program for that matter
pimp.gif
How!?!?
Credit to Rayford Booth over at crackberry forums.

Setting up the Bluetooth Connection Between Blackberry and Mac:
  1. (Mac) Turn on Bluetooth, Left Click Bluetooth symbol from menu bar and press "Turn Bluetooth On"
  2. (Mac) Open System Preferences
  3. (Mac) Select Bluetooth from System Preferences
  4. (Mac) In the bottom left of the bluetooth window select the "+" symbol
  5. (Mac) The Bluetooth Setup Assistant will open. Select Continue
  6. (Mac) Select Mobile Phone, Do not press Continue
  7. (Blackberry) Turn on Bluetooth, Press Blackberry Menu Button > Select "Manage Connections" > Select "Set Up Bluetooth"
  8. (Blackberry) Window Will appear asking you to select a name to identify your Blackberry over Bluetooth. Input a name or select Ok to the default Blackberry Name
  9. (Blackberry) The Add Device Window will appear, Select Listen
  10. (Mac) Press Continue
  11. (Mac) Once the Blackberry is found Press Continue
  12. (Mac) Once the information is gathered on the mac about your Blackberry device, Press Continue
  13. (Blackberry) Enter the numeric code from the Mac Bluetooth Setup Assistant Window into the Blackberry. The Blackberry will be requesting the code
  14. (Blackberry) You will now be asked if you want to accept the connection from the mac. Select yes and if you want, Check the "Do not ask me again" box
  15. (Mac) The Mac will ask if you want to "Access the Internet with your phone's data connection", make sure this is checked.
  16. (Mac) Press Continue
  17. (Mac) Mac may ask for your password. Type it in and Press Ok
  18. (Mac) Will ask for your Modem details for your Blackberry.
  19. (Mac) FOR SPRINT ONLY: Select "au by KDDI" and "CDMAone Bluetooth". leave username and password blank and use #777 for the number.
  20. (Mac) Press Continue, Mac may ask for password again.
  21. (Mac) Your Done. Press Quit
You just gotta connect afterwards. I also contacted a sprint rep via chat to confirm that the phone as modem option is covered by the data plan. Goodluck!

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by quik1987

bb-9700-in-the-wild.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

T-MO 3g BB FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SSSWWWEEEEEEEEETTT
pimp.gif

I already used my upgrade on the 8900, I may have to call and complain so they may offer me a upgrade when I'm not eligible
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Release date?

Back
Top Bottom