...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

So I'm eligible for an upgrade @ att.

Was wondering is it worth it right now to cop an 8900? Or should I just fork up the xtra $100 and cop a Bold?

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by HidayetTurkoglu

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

Originally Posted by piczon1983

1jnmmv.jpg

I know I a suppose to look around.

But how do I blackout my Bold?
nerd.gif
It's all about the WhiteBerry ....trying to break down the racial divides

22577441.jpg
thats pretty hot
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Originally Posted by CtJordanFiend

I'm not avaiable for an upgrade on VerizonW but I want to upgrade to either the Storm or the new Tour which one?

Go with the tour. I just upgraded today and I absolutely love it.
tour hands down
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

don't buy a blackberry if you're not going to get a data plan

I just want to be able to use the messenger part to kinda not have to use as many text msgs.
That requires a data plan. Now this thread has really gotten me ready to swap my iPhone out for Bold and black it out.

I have the Curve (Sprint) and went into today to check out the Tour...it's nice, and I could get it for $199 but that's only after the $100 mail-inrebate.

Not worth it imo

Do you need a data plan to be able to use a Blackberry Messenger with a pin?

No. My girlfriend has a curve on t-mobile with no data plan. she's been using bb messenger since she got the phone (10 months now), and hasnt been chargeda penny.
Whatever you pay for BIS covers your bb messenger usage.

Originally Posted by sp1die

No. My girlfriend has a curve on t-mobile with no data plan. she's been using bb messenger since she got the phone (10 months now), and hasnt been charged a penny.
BIS REQUIRES a data plan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by sp1die

No. My girlfriend has a curve on t-mobile with no data plan. she's been using bb messenger since she got the phone (10 months now), and hasnt been charged a penny.
BIS REQUIRES a data plan
laugh.gif
Not here in the UK.

We pay for BIS (what most of our carriers refer to as blackberry email), but we have a choice as to whether or not to sign up to a data package for anadditional monthly fee. But it is not mandatory, and BIS works fine without one. But if my girlfriend was to open bb browser or use bb app store, she'dhave to pay extra which I think is capped at £1 a day.

However, for new customers t-mobile will throw in a data package for free!
mad.gif

BIS = email = $10 a month via tmobile
internet = internet = $10 a month via tmobile

both are $20 a month via tmobile

you can use messenger with BIS

I've been waiting on that Driftwood to finally come out.

Hopefully it's by the end of this year because I'm looking to finally upgrade over my crappy phone now. 3G is important to me, but I'll definitelycompare it to the 8900 and see what I prefer.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Was wondering is it worth it right now to cop an 8900? Or should I just fork up the xtra $100 and cop a Bold?

Neither. Wait for the 9700 a.k.a. Onyx. It should be out in the next 3 or 4 months.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Neither. Wait for the 9700 a.k.a. Onyx. It should be out in the next 3 or 4 months.
Thanks. What do you think retail would be on it?

Cause the keys on the OG blackberry used to look like the seeds on the outside of a strawberry. Strawberry sounded too ***@ thus you get blackberry.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I hope you're not spittin jibberish from another website because we all know what happened with the BOLD and it's release.

so I just did the math...and I can get a BB 8520 curve for the same price (a month) as a Tour on sprint. The minutes would be drastically different (1000 minst-mo vs. 450 sprint) but, I BARELY use that. I have 500 now and I have only gone over twice.

so two things:

-what discounts/tricks are there on t-mo to reduce the price? cuz on sprint, i can get 15% cuz I'm a teacher
-how does the tour hold up to the curve? FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON, is there a MAJOR difference??

quick question for TOUR users,

How do you set up a a pop/imap account on your BB tour?

I've looked around and google'd it but I haven't found a very helpful site yet. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom