...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by chris82790

Originally Posted by tiffy sp

tour trackball is trash, absolute TRASH
thats odd i have not had any problems with the trackball on my tour

You know what...that is ONE MAJOR FLAW i've noticed with my Tour. Sometimes, it's not even responsive to my scrolls. Absolutely infuriating playing Brick Breaker and Word Mole with the damn track ball. And it definitely has a lil "dimple" in it...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Any one know if there is some way of getting BB to fix this--like I send it in and they'll fix it.

In order for RIM to address the track ball issue, they'd have to let everyone having problems send in their unit, as it's a hardware problem and not asoftware problem. That just isn't going to happen, I would imagine.

You could swap out the Tour track ball with another one, but that will void your warranty.

I went through 3 Tours before I found one that had no problems. This one is good to go though and I'm lovin' it
pimp.gif

For the LIFE of me, I cannot get a theme installed on it properly. I get the successfull installed message on the OTA install and it's even listed underinstalled Applications with permissions all set to allow; but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

You know what...that is ONE MAJOR FLAW i've noticed with my Tour. Sometimes, it's not even responsive to my scrolls. Absolutely infuriating playing Brick Breaker and Word Mole with the damn track ball. And it definitely has a lil "dimple" in it...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Any one know if there is some way of getting BB to fix this--like I send it in and they'll fix it.

In order for RIM to address the track ball issue, they'd have to let everyone having problems send in their unit, as it's a hardware problem and not a software problem. That just isn't going to happen, I would imagine.

You could swap out the Tour track ball with another one, but that will void your warranty.
They are sending new units with trackball issues. Take it to your store where you purchased it and address the problem, or give your carrier acall. I'm reading people went though 2-3 phones already and getting new 1s with no problem. I had mine for almost a week now, and mine seems fine.. have0 issues so far.

i love my trackball on the tour my girl has a bold and i cant stand it. the bold you need to push down slightly to use the ball the tour you just gently rub itpause....

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

I went through 3 Tours before I found one that had no problems. This one is good to go though and I'm lovin' it
pimp.gif

For the LIFE of me, I cannot get a theme installed on it properly. I get the successfull installed message on the OTA install and it's even listed under installed Applications with permissions all set to allow; but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Who is your service provider and what excuses are you using to get a replacement Tour?

Rogers Wireless in Canada will probably get it first in November.

I'm guessing T-Mobile or AT&T gets it a month after.

Did anyone else d/l the leak of the Desktop Manager for Mac? It's
pimp.gif
so far, except that I can't back up my data yet.

I guess I'll just wait 'til the official one drops to back up data.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Rogers Wireless in Canada will probably get it first in November.

I'm guessing T-Mobile or AT&T gets it a month after.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That will be copped.

Track Pad > Track Ball

RedMan wrote:

Who is your service provider and what excuses are you using to get a replacement Tour?

I'm with Sprint.

I've had legit issues with each one (screen flicker, trackball, call quality, etc.) so I wouldn't call them excuses really.

This all happened within the span of a week, so I went to the store that I made the purchase at and they gladly switched it out for me.

HEADS UP TO ALL TOUR OWNERS (BOTH SPRINT & VERIZON)

If you are having trackball-related issues with your device and are going in store to swap it out for anotherone, do the following to avoid a possible return trip:

• Request that the sales rep replace your Tour with one having a production date of mid-August or later. The production date is located on the upc label towards the bottom and it'll look something like this for example: "130809" which signifies a production date of August 13, 2009
  • When they bring it to you and open the box to activate the device, have them take the battery cover off and locate a sequence of numbers in white printed vertically on the left hand side of the device. You'll notice 3 numbers in the middle. "004" means that it was part of the first batch and will likely have issues. "005" is the batch produced after the complaints were made, so any device with "005" on it will most likely be problem free.
Hopefully this helps some of you out that are having problems with your devices
wink.gif

Make sure you tell them that you spoke to a rep on the phone before you came in and that they're the one who informed you of this. Otherwise they'lljust give you whichever one they want.

Back
Top Bottom