...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Pretty sure onyx does have 3g, btw at first I wasn't too sure about the tour then after a day this phone is crack, I even gave up my sero for the bs 59.99plan, tried to g them and keep my sero and do the free bis add on but looks like they cracked down on that

^It definitely has 3g and wifi. Do you not see the 3g graphic on the top right of the screen?

All BB from now on will have wifi. No wifi on the tour and storm 1 kinda sucks. Storm 2 will have wifi though.

sorry if asked before, just wanted to know if anyone can help me out, I have the bold and wanted to know if I can getblackberry messenger 5.0 on it, and if so how? any info would be greatly appreciated...

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

RedMan wrote:

Who is your service provider and what excuses are you using to get a replacement Tour?

I'm with Sprint.

I've had legit issues with each one (screen flicker, trackball, call quality, etc.) so I wouldn't call them excuses really.

This all happened within the span of a week, so I went to the store that I made the purchase at and they gladly switched it out for me.

HEADS UP TO ALL TOUR OWNERS (BOTH SPRINT & VERIZON)

If you are having trackball-related issues with your device and are going in store to swap it out for another one, do the following to avoid a possible return trip:

• Request that the sales rep replace your Tour with one having a production date of mid-August or later. The production date is located on the upc label towards the bottom and it'll look something like this for example: "130809" which signifies a production date of August 13, 2009
  • When they bring it to you and open the box to activate the device, have them take the battery cover off and locate a sequence of numbers in white printed vertically on the left hand side of the device. You'll notice 3 numbers in the middle. "004" means that it was part of the first batch and will likely have issues. "005" is the batch produced after the complaints were made, so any device with "005" on it will most likely be problem free.
Hopefully this helps some of you out that are having problems with your devices
wink.gif

Make sure you tell them that you spoke to a rep on the phone before you came in and that they're the one who informed you of this. Otherwise they'll just give you whichever one they want.

Thanks for the info I am going to do this tomorrow.

So I'm trying to put weather eye on my sprint curve 8330, but it says the application can't be used.

Can anybody help me with this? I'm tryna get something like this.

3872008764_54d8a1abfe.jpg

I went through 3 Tours before I found one that had no problems. This one is good to go though and I'm lovin' it
pimp.gif

For the LIFE of me, I cannot get a theme installed on it properly. I get the successfull installed message on the OTA install and it's even listed under installed Applications with permissions all set to allow; but still no luck.

Any suggestions?
I went through one and then I saw the video of good Tour and a faulty Tour, and its trackball and went right to Best Buy and told them to give mea good Tour, and test it out before they give it to me.... Now the Tour is officially the Best BB out

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Has any1 here used both the Verizon Storm and Verizon Tour? Have a question for you guys

(before anything else, please dont say wait for the Storm2, or the Storm is trash every1 brings it back.. I know what's going on and read a million reviews.. and have friends that still love their Storm)

Which did you prefer? I'm coming from an 8700g with T-Mobile right now. I just have 2 problems, that I'm not sure which I would dislike more. My major concern with the Storm is if I'll feel comfortable getting use to typing on AIM and texting on a touch screen. What i love about it, is the way webpages can be accessed and viewed. I surf the web ALOT on my phone, and don't like having to scrolling through webpages using the ball or scroll button(which is what i have now) And im also not a huge fan of the trackballs, just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I'm leaning more towards the Storm at this point, and my main question is how long did it take getting use to typing on that. Any other info or reviews is appreciated.

I played with both in a store, and I'm honestly still undecided on which I want. If I wasn't so sick of my phone now I probably would wait for the S2, but Iv been waiting for almost 4 months now to finally change phones. If anything I can always sell my old phone on eBay and than buy the S2 straight out if i wanted it that badly.
Alittle late on the reply, I hope you didn't make a decision yet. DO NOT GET THE STORM! I switched over from the Storm to the Tour and Iabsolutely love the Tour! IMO, the storm was too unresponsive when I was using it. I was pressing icons multiple times before it actually opened it. Clickscreen is trash making it extremely hard to type. Corner keys were more difficult to press which became very annoying. I had alot of flicking problems with theStorm, I went through 4-5 different Storms until I decided to make the jump to the Tour. I did have problems with the trackball moving side to side but Iexchanged it and now I have the perfect phone. Very responsive, QWERTY keyboard is a plus, and software is super fast.

Originally Posted by RedMan

RedMan wrote:

Who is your service provider and what excuses are you using to get a replacement Tour?

I'm with Sprint.

I've had legit issues with each one (screen flicker, trackball, call quality, etc.) so I wouldn't call them excuses really.

This all happened within the span of a week, so I went to the store that I made the purchase at and they gladly switched it out for me.

HEADS UP TO ALL TOUR OWNERS (BOTH SPRINT & VERIZON)

If you are having trackball-related issues with your device and are going in store to swap it out for another one, do the following to avoid a possible return trip:

• Request that the sales rep replace your Tour with one having a production date of mid-August or later. The production date is located on the upc label towards the bottom and it'll look something like this for example: "130809" which signifies a production date of August 13, 2009
  • When they bring it to you and open the box to activate the device, have them take the battery cover off and locate a sequence of numbers in white printed vertically on the left hand side of the device. You'll notice 3 numbers in the middle. "004" means that it was part of the first batch and will likely have issues. "005" is the batch produced after the complaints were made, so any device with "005" on it will most likely be problem free.
Hopefully this helps some of you out that are having problems with your devices
wink.gif

Make sure you tell them that you spoke to a rep on the phone before you came in and that they're the one who informed you of this. Otherwise they'll just give you whichever one they want.

Thanks for the info I am going to do this tomorrow.
Wow thank you. I am on my 2nd Tour. I love the phone it's just the damn trackball that sucks right now
laugh.gif
Gonna head over there later.
pimp.gif

WOW at that storm2 typing vid... all my worries about the new piezo technology have been dismissed

copping the storm 2 without hesitation come this october!

Originally Posted by sp1die

Does anyone still have the copy of the precision theme they could pass on to me.

I had it on the pearl i used to have a year ago. I've managed to get a hand-me-down blackberry through work (8820).

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. I have a backup from the pearl saved, can I restore this to the 8820?

EDIT:- Nevermind I found it

BB Precision theme

thanks

With all these upgrades and tweeks, I'm gonna let my current 9000 marinate in my hands as long as it takes. Absolutely love this thing.

Sprint getting any of these new BB's?...or should i be content that we even got the Tour.

They're probably gonna be too busy plugging the HTC Hero & TP2
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NEXTEL CUP

Sprint getting any of these new BB's?...or should i be content that we even got the Tour.

They're probably gonna be too busy plugging the HTC Hero & TP2
ohwell.gif

Just be glad we got that much lol.

The only thing I've heard thus far is that Sprint should be getting the 8530, which is the CDMA version of T-mobile's joint with the trackpad sometimein November.

Past that, we're looking at the upgrade to the Tour codenamed "essex" which will add wi-fi and a trackpad, plus some unannounced feature....Butseeing as the Tour dropped recently, I'm thinking we have a solid 6 months or so before we see it's successor.

The inner geek in me wants to scoop that Hero up ASAP tho. Sucks being an early adopter.

Never satisfied with what's on the market.
smh.gif

I don't like how Sprint/Verizon/BB all know about this issue but you still only have the 30 days thing, when I got mine switched out they didn't evenhassle cause 1000000000000000 more people had came before me about the EXACT same issue (track ball). They need to extend the 30 days cause the phones will befine for a week if that then crap out......smh, BB really dropped the ball with the tour, other than that I love it..

Just got a Tour and really don't know what apps I should download for it. Looked through a couple pages, but it anybody could just list a few that I shouldlook for, I would appreciate it.

How can I get the BB Tour/Storm theme on a Verizon BB Curve 8330? When does the newest update drop for the VZ 8330 because I'm still on 4.3.

oh really. i might pick it up than. but im not sure if i can make the switch .. im so used to touch screen phones. i currently have the touch pro.

Thinking about getting a Tour, but Im hearing negativity about them (trackball, battery getting too hot, lagging camera, and slowed system) Should I wait untilthey have another batch of the Tours W/O the bugs or just keep my Curve.

Back
Top Bottom