...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Has any1 here used both the Verizon Storm and Verizon Tour? Have a question for you guys

(before anything else, please dont say wait for the Storm2, or the Storm is trash every1 brings it back.. I know what's going on and read a million reviews.. and have friends that still love their Storm)

Which did you prefer? I'm coming from an 8700g with T-Mobile right now. I just have 2 problems, that I'm not sure which I would dislike more. My major concern with the Storm is if I'll feel comfortable getting use to typing on AIM and texting on a touch screen. What i love about it, is the way webpages can be accessed and viewed. I surf the web ALOT on my phone, and don't like having to scrolling through webpages using the ball or scroll button(which is what i have now) And im also not a huge fan of the trackballs, just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I'm leaning more towards the Storm at this point, and my main question is how long did it take getting use to typing on that. Any other info or reviews is appreciated.

I played with both in a store, and I'm honestly still undecided on which I want. If I wasn't so sick of my phone now I probably would wait for the S2, but Iv been waiting for almost 4 months now to finally change phones. If anything I can always sell my old phone on eBay and than buy the S2 straight out if i wanted it that badly.
Alittle late on the reply, I hope you didn't make a decision yet. DO NOT GET THE STORM! I switched over from the Storm to the Tour and I absolutely love the Tour! IMO, the storm was too unresponsive when I was using it. I was pressing icons multiple times before it actually opened it. Click screen is trash making it extremely hard to type. Corner keys were more difficult to press which became very annoying. I had alot of flicking problems with the Storm, I went through 4-5 different Storms until I decided to make the jump to the Tour. I did have problems with the trackball moving side to side but I exchanged it and now I have the perfect phone. Very responsive, QWERTY keyboard is a plus, and software is super fast.
Appreciate the reply, but I did go with the Tour and I LOVE IT. Funny thing was I almost went with the Storm. I was in the Store on a Mondayplanned on getting the Storm, but my Mom wanted a phone that was online only and not in the store, came home that night and researched Tuesday all day, wentWednesday and decided on the Tour, and oh so happy I did. I love this thing

To those asking what apps are good, I use these so far
Get a new theme.. i forgot what theme i dled, but it has 8 icons on the bottom, with a 9th icon on the top right corner that i use for my weather app. And itupdates throughout the day showing if its sunny cloudy etc and the temp
Berry Weather.
Wall Paper Changer
BerryBuzz
Quick Pull
Google Maps
Bee Jive
Also have App World installed.
I think thats all i added on to, but also use the default face book app that came with the phone.

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

oh really. i might pick it up than. but im not sure if i can make the switch .. im so used to touch screen phones. i currently have the touch pro.
i just made the switch 2 weeks ago...ive been with the mogul and htc touch pro the past 2 years and was really used to the whole touchscreen buttrust me, you'll forget about touchscreens again....

and with the Blackberry Tours, i think its a hit or miss type of thing on what problems ur gonna get with the phone..cuz so far i havent had any problems withmy Tour...no trackball issues and no loose battery covers and whatever problems yall having
laugh.gif

Man i havent been in this thread in awhile

are Rogers trying to get rid of the trackball it seems like most of the new bb dont have one

Originally Posted by stepinitup

are Rogers trying to get rid of the trackball it seems like most of the new bb dont have one

You mean RIM? Less moving parts = less accidents like the tour trackball.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by stepinitup

You mean RIM? Less moving parts = less accidents like the tour trackball.

Yeah my bad.

how are those new "trackballs" they seem smooth

i wouldnt mind one since the one on my bold is super dirty

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

I'm not really feelin the Onyx. I prefer the size of the BOLD.
x2, size in my hand was one of my fav. things about the BOLD.
ANY TMOBILE CUSTOMERS OWN THE 8520 YET??
nerd.gif

Might buy to hold me down til the Bold II comes out.

Originally Posted by AME416

nerd.gif

So you gonna buy it even though you don't like it? Bold II = Onyx

Originally Posted by AME416

nerd.gif

So you gonna buy it even though you don't like it? Bold II = Onyx
Hopefully , read plenty of good things about it so far. Size difference is noticeable but probably wont be a deciding factor.
lgonyx19.jpg

smonyx21.jpg

^you see that 3g graphic in the top right of the screen?
smh.gif
im blind as hell
laugh.gif

good looks though...looks like im going to wait for the onyx so i can switch over to tmobile

I have a dilemma. It turns out my contract was over a year ago, I called t-mobile but they still gave me a free curve using a promotion from last year anddidn't give me a contract. So now I can renew for 2 years and get the 8900 or should I wait for the onyx to release. Don't I also have a 30 day graceperiod, so I could get the 8900 right now and if the onyx releases in early November I could just exchange and pay the difference (if any)?

Word. I like the weight of the Bold for sure, and the size makes it smoother to type. But at the same time, the size kinda pisses me off, too. I don'tdo holsters/cases and I definitely don't rock big $%+ phones in my pocket. With the 8900, I could just pocket it and be good to go. Not so much with theBold--matter of fact I have to carry that joint around in my hand, whicih I hate.

Hopefully the 9700 is a nice compromise between size and weight/sturdiness.

^ you crazy. 9700 is straight sex.
BlackBerry9700_1.jpg

and an updated comparison, except the chrome will be darker on the release version.
blackberry_9700.jpg

One thing I don't like about the Onyx is the volume keys--I HATE how they're black. I much prefer the contrasting look of the 8900.

Back
Top Bottom