...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by PROGANGSTALEAN

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nobody with blackberry actually uses PIN. real talk, its just neat to exchange on internet forums cuz we all got unique PIN numbers to our device. PIN messaging IS NOT SECURE also.

Who was looking to use it for it's security?
oooooook

if you wanna send emails and text or other personal info in this world w/o it bein secure by all means DO YOU. idc if its just to my boy, i like privacy. thisis a blackberry thread im just givin info

also most BB users got unlimited text n email............so yea MOST dont use it. Some of yall lil cliques might thats cool. im just sayin.

"PIN to PIN messages are not encrypted and transmit in plain text, allowing anyone who intercepts a message to read it. While this is a remotepossibility, you should not send sensitive information in a PIN to PIN message."

can't wait to get rid of my 8830, either i have bad luck or the phone is a POS. it freezes a good 3-4 times a day. it freezes when it updates. it freezeswhen i set it down. the hell with sprint and BB.

Does anyone browse NT on the opera browser and have your BB freeze up on them? Its happened to me a couple of times and its definately not the business

i have a 7130e with verizon wireless that's about 2.5 years old and thinking of switching to a newer model

i have a few specific questions that hopefully some of you can shed light on

1) the pearl is the only model with video capture, correct?

2) with regard to the 8320 curve on t-mobile that uses wifi -- does texting via wifi bypass either the phone or data plan? can i access e-mail (gmail) withouta data plan using wifi? (sounds like a stupid question, but i think there's a way around it)

3) is the gps function for the 8310 curve on at&t an added option? if so, how reliable is the service and is it worth paying for?

4) does purchasing a blackberry through amazon.com also allow me to keep the same phone number i've had for the past few years? i can't afford tochange it or have a new one assigned to me. they've probably got the best deals i've seen anywhere though the two year commitment irks me.

5) anyone know of any sites online or stores in the nyc metro area that have good deals allowing to sign up for only a 1 year commitment? (i know a lot ofthese smaller stores/resellers have great deals, but i'm not aware of any of 'em)

6) right now i'm using 450 minutes with about 500 texts combined plan which i pay roughly $99/month after surcharges and taxes, i know t-mobile has betterdeals combining up to 1000 anytime minutes with unlimited data for roughly the same price and was wondering how at&t's rates compare (roughly speakingof course as it's different depending on the region of the country, i believe).

thanks

pin - 32ADF8AC6

king tre: if it's cool with you i'm gonna hit you up to ask a few questions 'cause i think you have the 8320 curve on t-mobile which is wherei'm sorta of leaning right now.

1) i believe so
2) Don't think you ca send text over wifi but I'm fairly positive about accessing gmail through the browser over wifi
3) The GPS is the best feature on the phone (other than the push email) You have to pay to use telenav but you can download google maps and use the GPS forfree and it is updated constantly and is very accurate
4) Yes, you just swap over the sim card
5) Just do some quick research
6) at&t I pay roughly $150/month for unlimited everything roll-over minutes the whole works

^ thanks. i appreciate your input

regarding your answer to question #4 -- i'm on verizon currently, so i don't have a sim card with my 7130e. how would that work out in order to holdonto my current phone number?

anyone else feel free to chime in . thanks!

They have to port the number over we had to do it with my sister when she switched from tmo to att for the iphone...just call whoever you want to switch to andtell them who you're with and you want to take your number with you and they'll walk you through it....they give you a new sim and your same number

nobody with blackberry actually uses PIN. real talk, its just neat to exchange on internet forums cuz we all got unique PIN numbers to our device

While I don't really agree with this statement, anyone that is communicating BB to BB should be using the PIN. Much faster than sending standard email,not to mention the BB Messenger.

I dropped my 8830 today and scratched both of the silver side rails, mad as hell. Fortunately, I found this site that carries pretty much every part youcould possibly need to repair your BB, from trackballs to complete housings to LCD's, and prices are pretty good:

http://cnn.cn/shop/index.php

Also, what's the best maps/search/info program? I currently have Google Maps, BlackBerry Maps, Live Search Mobile, AND Infospace Find It on my phone-they all somewhat do the same thing, just looking for feedback from other users as I haven't gotten around to trying each one extensively to see if one isbetter than the others..

Originally Posted by r33p04s

They have to port the number over we had to do it with my sister when she switched from tmo to att for the iphone...just call whoever you want to switch to and tell them who you're with and you want to take your number with you and they'll walk you through it....they give you a new sim and your same number

gotcha. thanks a lot!

Question for blackberry owners how much does everyone pay for their plans? what does your plan consist of? and who's your service provider? thinkin boutcoppin the curve soon

1) Anyone know what I can go to on my BB (8320) to delete a program? I have BB Weather and it just freezes my phone up everytime

2) Did anyone ever come to an answer if the curve fits in the LRG Iphone cases?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

1) Anyone know what I can go to on my BB (8320) to delete a program? I have BB Weather and it just freezes my phone up everytime

2) Did anyone ever come to an answer if the curve fits in the LRG Iphone cases?

Thanks!
1)Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> Menu button -> delete 2)Yes it does, it's a tight fit but it fits....

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nobody with blackberry actually uses PIN. real talk, its just neat to exchange on internet forums cuz we all got unique PIN numbers to our device. PIN messaging IS NOT SECURE also.

I certainly use PIN with all my friends who have a BlackBerry. I don't bother using the OZ AIM because you can only have 30 buddies and it lagstremendously. With PIN messaging, you can send files, images and the messages send much quicker. And mentioning that it's secure, of course I wouldn'tsend any sensitive information via text messaging or any sort text based software, its just to communicate for recreation.

I wasn't affected by the outage...well at least not yet.. haha

I'm on Tmobile btw.. anyone affected yet?

^ I had been. Internet was taking forever to load, I couldn't access my GMail or GoogleTalk software and everyone on my BlackBerry Messenger was coming upas "unreachable." They fixed it by 8pm EST though.

Oh ok..question.. I got the Pearl 8100 on Tmobile with unlimited email. If I add the GMail app, would it still be free? Also, where can I get the app.? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom