...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

I'm bout to cop a blackberry I need something simple

don't need a $400 phone with a bunch of kiddie gadgets implemented that I'll use once in a blue
laugh.gif
at that piss poor excuse for coppin a blackberry....

if u want simplicity thats fair enough, but don't think for one second that these super phones dropping now are just "kiddie devices"  wit

gimmick applications, RIM is getting effectively left behind if they don't step they game up to apple's and google's level.

Like what? how about you state some facts to back up your argument. What are google and apple doing that rim isn't?
you know how prehistoric da blackberry OS looks like compared to froyo or apple's upcoming 4.0?

get enlightened folks...da grass is greener on da otherside.

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

I thought this day would never come.
Went on the Verizon size @ exactly 12:00 and ordered my 9650. $149
Once it comes in, I'm gonna borrow my boy's suppressed Beretta and put a couple hot ones in my old 8330 Curve.
pimp.gif

*gives dap*

I also ordered mine. $50 after my NE2.

Whaddup NT BB fam!

Can y'all list me a couple of vital apps that aren't preinstalled? More specifically, name some good apps with some brief info on what it does so I don't have to go around figuring out what does what. Thanks.
Not to be a jerk, but go back 10 or so pages and I'm sure you'll find the answer to your question.  It's asked very often and there should be plenty of answers.  Regardless, try out everything that you might need, and weed it out from there.  I went from 20 or so apps and cut it down to 8-10 when I realized I never once touched certain applications.  Google Maps, Poynt (looks up restaurants, businesses, movie tickets, gas prices, great all in one app), AP News, Scoremobile, Opera Mini 5 or Bolt, etc.

Good news for BB.. bad news for current 9700 owners..

http://[h3]http://www.bbleaks.com/2010/06/blackberry-onyx-delta-refreshed-bold.html[/h3]
[h3]BlackBerry Onyx Delta; a Refreshed Bold 9700?[/h3]Posted byLouiV6/02/2010at6:47 PM

We've been hearing a lot of chatter from our sources regarding what is being called the BlackBerry Onyx Delta. While it is unusual for RIM to re-use a codename from a previous device, it kind of makes sense to us why they might in this case. When the 9700a was first outed through a UAProf document, many people were led to believe this was the rumored Slider, which we now know is the 9800. However, we've learned that the 9700a may be a completely different device.
http://
We're told that the 9700a is going to be a refreshed Bold 9700 with upgraded hardware and features. The 9700a will supposedly sport:
  • 5MP camera
  • 512 MB RAM 
  • BlackBerry OS 6.0
  • New webkit browser
You're probably as confused as we are for the reasoning behind refreshing the Bold 9700. However, we think it may be likely to match the recently released CDMA Verizon/Sprint Bold 9650, which has 512MB RAM. RIM is also starting to move their devices into the 5MP camera direction, as we see with the Bold Slider 9800 and the Clamshell 9670. We're not sure why the Bold 9650 didn't include a 5MP camera, but we're certain the 9700a is to be a network neutrality device, specifically bound for AT&T like the original 9700.

Much is still unknown on the Onyx Delta, and while things point to it being the 9700a, we still can't be sure until we receive more information. We are certain, however, that the Onyx Delta is something of importance and secrecy to RIM and should it be a refreshed Bold 9700 we're told we should see it released in a couple of months. 

It makes a lot of sense on RIM's part, no need for a brand new device, just beef up the current one.  Bad news is for current owners it would appear that the memory on your current 9700 might not be enough to handle the new OS6.  I've seen rumors saying it would be upgradable, the demo was on a 9700 in fact, but a 9700a reissue with beefed up memory certainly isn't a good sign.

are there any bb apps that work thru wifi? it seems like web browsing is the only thing you can do when bbs are used with wifi.

Originally Posted by you go boy

im new to blackberry so im just wondering is facebook on there or do you have to pay for the app?
Facebook is free.  You're just using up your data when you browse on it.

yo whats a good gps app for tracking. i do a lot of bike riding and i want to track my speed, distance, time, etc. anybody
nerd.gif

If I were to cop a BB 9700 (tmobile) soon..would I regret this decision in a few months?
nerd.gif

(..I've decided not to get the new iphone..eff AT&T and their rape prices)

I kinda want to get a BB, but I'm on Sprint's SERO.  Does anyone know what's the latest BB that I use on the plan?

Originally Posted by AJChick23

If I were to cop a BB 9700 (tmobile) soon..would I regret this decision in a few months?
nerd.gif

Possibly.  The rumor right now is that they're refreshing the 9700 with 512MB (double the 9700), a 5 MP camera, and OS6 standard with the new webkit browser.  That's important for current 9700 owners because it means that the current device won't have enough memory to support OS6.  Then again some say that it could run 9700 but might just be sluggish, that's why 512MB is going to be the standard for new BB's in order to run OS6.

Then there's the possibility that the new 9800 slider might be coming to T-Mobile in the future too.  I think right now it's expected to come to AT&T first, but from what I've read it could come to T-Mo as well.

I would wait on it right now.  At least to see the review on OS6 and if it's a huge improvement for RIM, and to see if any more news comes out for the 9700a.  Even if you decide to get the 9700 it's still a great device, but I'd wait a bit.

[table][tr][td]Friday fun photos - Yet another round of 9800 Slider images
ByAdam Zeis | 04 Jun 2010 13:43 |
speech-bubble.gif
88 comments
9800foto-01.jpg

Is it just me of have we had more pre-release images of the 9800 Slider than other devices? This round shows off some good angles and give us a bit more of a look than we've had in the past. Included are some amazingly clear images of the 9800 including the SIM and SD slots. These images really show off the good looks of the device and actually make me want one quite a bit now. The keyboard and screen look amazing in these shots and I'm ready to have one ... now. Hit the jump for some more images.

Source: Berrytimes.cn

9800foto-02.jpg

9800foto-03.jpg

9800foto-04.jpg

9800foto-05.jpg

9800foto-06.jpg

9800foto-07.jpg

9800foto-08.jpg

9800foto-09.jpg

9800foto-10.jpg

9800foto-11.jpg

9800foto-12.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

I must say, it's certainly growing on me and these high quality pictures look a lot better.

I'm much more interested in how OS6 releases, though.

It makes a lot of sense on RIM's part, no need for a brand new device, just beef up the current one. Bad news is for current owners it would appear that the memory on your current 9700 might not be enough to handle the new OS6. I've seen rumors saying it would be upgradable, the demo was on a 9700 in fact, but a 9700a reissue with beefed up memory certainly isn't a good sign.

I wonder if u can upgrade the OS thru an sd card.
nerd.gif

^nice
pimp.gif

i still need a new blackberry. oh well.

i must say, i wasnt a fan of that slider, but its starting to grow on me. just maybe..

Just bought a Tour 9630 Yesterday on Verizon. Didn't know the Bold 9650 dropped the same day since they didn't have it in the store...

I have 30 days so I'll just keep this around until they stock it and then go swap.

For now, what app or theme should I get to add the additional row the home screen?

i'm really feeling like I might jump ship to Android...This webkit news is really not living up to the hype...i have the option right now of copping the Incredible, waiting on the Droid Shadow details to leak or just getting the Bold...and depending on what Apple says on Monday, I might make a move on that.

Blackberry has kinda gotten old for me. Honestly, if it wasn't for BBM and my simple comfort with the phone, i'd have given it up a long time ago. RIM's only fortress is its business crowd, of which only a small percentage use the encrpytion features. Push email and other "cloud" options are available on other devices...RIM needs to step it up...I never thought i'd be saying this but i'm not impressed lately...

nerd.gif

what do u have now

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

i'm really feeling like I might jump ship to Android...This webkit news is really not living up to the hype...i have the option right now of copping the Incredible, waiting on the Droid Shadow details to leak or just getting the Bold...and depending on what Apple says on Monday, I might make a move on that.

Blackberry has kinda gotten old for me. Honestly, if it wasn't for BBM and my simple comfort with the phone, i'd have given it up a long time ago. RIM's only fortress is its business crowd, of which only a small percentage use the encrpytion features. Push email and other "cloud" options are available on other devices...RIM needs to step it up...I never thought i'd be saying this but i'm not impressed lately...
I feel you ... I'm about to jump on that Evo bandwaggon anyone interested in a Sprint Blackberry Tour

Originally Posted by Big J 33

nerd.gif

Possibly.  The rumor right now is that they're refreshing the 9700 with 512MB (double the 9700), a 5 MP camera, and OS6 standard with the new webkit browser.  That's important for current 9700 owners because it means that the current device won't have enough memory to support OS6.  Then again some say that it could run 9700 but might just be sluggish, that's why 512MB is going to be the standard for new BB's in order to run OS6.

Then there's the possibility that the new 9800 slider might be coming to T-Mobile in the future too.  I think right now it's expected to come to AT&T first, but from what I've read it could come to T-Mo as well.

I would wait on it right now.  At least to see the review on OS6 and if it's a huge improvement for RIM, and to see if any more news comes out for the 9700a.  Even if you decide to get the 9700 it's still a great device, but I'd wait a bit.
I just recently heard about the 9700 refresh...Onyx II supposedly.
Then that 9800 slider ..but like you said I'm sure it will be out exclusively to AT&T first..and Tmo may pick it up later.
EDIT: that pic up there with the Tmobile SIM card...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Anyways thanks for the good info love
wink.gif

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

nerd.gif

what do u have now
iphone on tmo
ohwell.gif

i rather get the 9700 refresh then that slider junk

i think id switch over to an android in a couple of years if it really pops off rather than a slider lol

Back
Top Bottom