...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

hella handsome, the Bold 9000 is still a great device and some do prefer it, bigger size, those who prefer the trackball still. But there's no question the 9700 is the better phone at this point. It actually felt too small in my hands at first (I have big hands), but when I put a case on it then it felt perfect.

Unless you have to get a phone right now, which it sounds like you don't, I'd wait to see what happens with the 9800 slider, I posted recent images on the last page. It's going to be running OS6 out of the box, and although it's all but confirmed the 9700 will run it eventually, there will be less memory than on the 9800 since they've doubled up the memory on the new one.

I'm not thrilled about the design of the slider, although in theory a touch screen + full physical qwerty is the best of both worlds, I'd at least wait it out and see if OS6 is anything to brag about.

But with the new iPhone, Android and HTC's recent updates, there's plenty of choices to suit you, the BB might not be up your alley.

Originally Posted by Money Making A

finally upgraded my old bb to the 9700

how do i import my address book from my old bb to the new one? am i not able to send it via bluetooth?
just connect your old bb to the computer and use the device switch wizard on the desktop manager software. It'll take about 30 minutes total.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just woke up this morning and I got a white blank screen on my 9700 that said JVM error 517. There was a reset to click, I did that and did a few battery pulls but it just goes back to that same white screen. It was out of the blue too, I never installed any themes or weird apps on my BlackBerry. As much as I like my 9700 over my old iPhone, I gotta say this really does turn me off (can't front, the iPhone never had reliability issues).

I called Rogers, my cell provider, and they said they are sending me a replacement but its a REFURB. I had my phone for just about 2 months now, and because its over 30 days the best they can do is send me a refurbished phone. I'm kinda ticked I'm getting a refurb when I paid the price of a new phone....Anyone use a refurbished BlackBerry before? Hopefully it'll be like new and not all scratched up and sh.....

I just woke up this morning and I got a white blank screen on my 9700 that said JVM error 517. There was a reset to click, I did that and did a few battery pulls but it just goes back to that same white screen. It was out of the blue too, I never installed any themes or weird apps on my BlackBerry. As much as I like my 9700 over my old iPhone, I gotta say this really does turn me off (can't front, the iPhone never had reliability issues).

I called Rogers, my cell provider, and they said they are sending me a replacement but its a REFURB. I had my phone for just about 2 months now, and because its over 30 days the best they can do is send me a refurbished phone. I'm kinda ticked I'm getting a refurb when I paid the price of a new phone....Anyone use a refurbished BlackBerry before? Hopefully it'll be like new and not all scratched up and sh.....

How do I view those "new" symbols on my BBM and whatnot? I never updated my OS until yesterday im on .586 now and STILL can't see those symbols for the life of me.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

similar happened to me....I was at work checked my phone and it was on the start loading screen where it says blackberry and has the loading bar, but the bar was at about 3/4s full and just stayed like that...battery pull after battery pull same #%!*. I couldnt even transfer my info to the refurbed (
mad.gif
) one I got to replace it. Now the refurbed one I have is having problems on the browsers...cursor will freeze, so I have to hit end, then hit track pad twice to get back into the browser. This is all since thursday
smh.gif

My Tour messed up on me and I got a refurb mine is working flawlessly.  Most refurbs arent scratched and damaged.  Basically a refurb is when someone upgrades a phone or returns a phone after deciding they dont want it anymore.  It is still in good condition as all refurbished phones are thoroughly tested before they hit the sales floor.  Its kinda like a used car/Pre-owned car. 

smh.gif
I tried looking around for why these kind of things happen and apparently they happen just because they do.......

nothing from with  a refurb phone

i had my curve for 2.5 years and before i upgraded to he 9700 it was STILL going strong

Originally Posted by you go boy

ok so im thinking of copping my first blackberry... whats the best one to get for verizon? and no i dont want the storm its garbage my mom got it... im mainly using it for internet and personal email really... the lady at verizon said the curve 2 is good but the reviews dont seem great... a lot of people saying the battery life sucks... feel free to chime in with ideas... good looks!

I'd wait for the new Bold/Tour 2 to release if I was you, but if you can't wait then try the Tour?...

Is there anyone using their Bolds or Blackberries without any cases? How well do they hold up in the case of getting dropped? The OEM silicone case I bought is lose as hell and the Otterbox cases look way too big and bulky. Is there any other cases I might've missed?

I'm using my Tour without the case.  I've dropped it a few times, once on cement, and it's held up pretty well.  The top side of the bezel next to the mute button has some scratches from being dropped on the cement, but that's pretty much it.  The only problem is that the phone is prone to finger prints and dust without a case
sick.gif
.  I'd recommend a case from here: http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/3413.htm if you don't find one at bbuy or anywhere...

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

how long does all of your batteries last? i get like 8 hours maximum when i make a few calls, bbm, and text. is it time for a new battery? if so how much and where to get them?

thanks

My battery lasts for a few days with regular text/bbm on the Tour, but with phone calls it does tend to drain the batter faster.  I think 8 hours of battery life is pretty low though, depending on your phone.  Do you drain your battery completely then charge it or just charge it when it's on low battery or something?  You might wanna try to completely drain the battery till the phone shuts down then charge it and see if it'll help.  What kind of bberry are you using?...

Try wiping the device and reinstalling the OS.

I really miss my Storm2! I sold it in order to get the Motorola Droid, dont get me wrong the Droid is a sick phone but its something about Blackberrys that makes me wanna come back! Anyone have the same problem? Both phones have features that are phenominal! They should make the Motorola Storm or BlackBerry Droid!!! lol

I really miss my Storm2! I sold it in order to get the Motorola Droid, dont get me wrong the Droid is a sick phone but its something about Blackberrys that makes me wanna come back! Anyone have the same problem? Both phones have features that are phenominal! They should make the Motorola Storm or BlackBerry Droid!!! lol

not sure, but around 50-80?

tmobile had a package deal to get the 9700 for 50$, but it was an upgrade deal for existing users.

http://www.youtube.com/v/9VW-EnRz_f...xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/9VW-EnRz_f...xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/9VW-EnRz_f...xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/9VW-EnRz_f...xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

More goodness today on the BlackBerry 9800 Slider. This time in a near four minute video showing off the device with an AT&T splash screen. While some navigating looks a bit rough, we do get a much better look at BlackBerry 6 than we have recently, so you don't want to miss it. For those who don't know what BlackBerry 6 is all about, it will feature some key enhancements:
  • Crisp, more immersive visuals, including new graphics, animations and transitions
  • New WebKit browser; it's high-fidelity and very efficient, for fast, rich browsing with support for multiple sessions (i.e. tabbed browsing)
  • Multi-touch support (e.g. pinch to zoom) while browsing, viewing photos, etc.
  • Graphical, context-sensitive menu pop-ups
  • Redesigned core apps, plus a new media player UI
  • New Home Screen experience; multiple views based on content type (All, Favorites, Downloads, Media, etc.), universal search
  • New app for integrating RSS and social networking feeds 
We also get a decent look at the native Youtube integration with the OS itself in this video. You don't have to take my word for it - check out the video above and see how it compares to the BlackBerry 6 preview video shown off at WES. Be sure to drop a comment with your thoughts.

Source: The Berry Fix

Can someone point me in the direction to or show me how to unlock my BB 8900?.. Would be MUCH appreciated NT

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Can someone point me in the direction to or show me how to unlock my BB 8900?.. Would be MUCH appreciated NT
Are you on T-Mobile? Have you been with them for a while? T-Mobile will send you the unlock code with no problem if you're a long-time customer.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Are you on T-Mobile? Have you been with them for a while? T-Mobile will send you the unlock code with no problem if you're a long-time customer.

Same goes for AT&T... tell your carrier you're going out of the country for vacation, but would like to use the device.  They'll either email you the instructions on how to unlock it or they'll go through it with you step by step.

and for the record, I own a Bold 9000.  Love it.  Only way I'd probably change it up is if the next-gen Bold is as big.  Not feeling the size of the 9700 even if it does have the trackpad.

Originally Posted by JC5123

any word on the new OS for t-mobile? anyone upgraded?
I have the new official update, .586.  I had it before, but it was unofficial, I'll probably update here pretty soon to unofficial again.

Back
Top Bottom