...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I just upgraded from some ancient form of communication to a curve not too long ago, and I'm pretty impressed. Lives up to all the hype and more.

But I'm hearing a lot of talk about this iPhone theme.
Anyone know of any free download sites? Or willing to hook it up?

Much appreciated.

which e-mail do u think is best for the BB? gmail, hotmail, or setting up a email using the bb itself? and also, how would you rate the web browser on the BB?does it lag, etc.

Originally Posted by digital m1ckey

I just upgraded from some ancient form of communication to a curve not too long ago, and I'm pretty impressed. Lives up to all the hype and more.

But I'm hearing a lot of talk about this iPhone theme.
Anyone know of any free download sites? Or willing to hook it up?

Much appreciated.
for iphone theme:
http://rogersmj.com/tech/blackberry/bphone/
you have a choice of desktop download (usb) or OTA (thru email, which i highly recommend b/c it's super fast). i chose the "icon" theme but somepeople prefer the zen theme or today theme better

Originally Posted by thakidfweezy

which e-mail do u think is best for the BB? gmail, hotmail, or setting up a email using the bb itself? and also, how would you rate the web browser on the BB? does it lag, etc.

i use gmail because it seems to get less spam than hotmail and yahoo. i dont even mess with the bb browser, i downloaded opera mini:,
http://www.operamini.com/

Best email is the BB address-fastest email delivery. I have my BB (vzw.blackberry.net) and home email going to my BB. I think yahoo does push email too

The new OS is nice
smile.gif
But for some reason after I stop recordering it wont let me view the video, save it or send it. (yes I have a media card) Anybody knowwutsup?

anyone with info space had any issues with the turn by turn audio directions? it has rebooted my phone a couple times (8830we)

I have the new OS 4.5 but i cannot reply to anything in my message icon. Since I did the upgrade its hit or miss with me getting emails and BBmessenger. I gotto wait for it to officially be released for it to the public.
eyes.gif

I believe someone ask a question about how to disable the shutter sound when taking a picture well you can't and is a security feature from RIM to keepthose "Peeping Toms" and "Underskirt pervs" in place. But thanks to the good folks of CRACKBERRY.COM we can bypass that "shuttersound"

1-You can call your voicemail or be on the other line with someone and go to camera "no shutter sound would be heard"
2-You can play music on your headphones or headset and go to camera and "No shutter sound would be heard"
or you can lower the volume while on the phone while playing music so their won't no indication that your taking a picture of someone "bootypics" FTW
3-If want enertiain your self by watching a video or listening to a ringtone do the same thing i just said above go to camera and no sound would be heard

Problem fellas

all of a sudden my BBerrys screen went white and the hourglass shows up like its trying to loadsomething , then the screen goes black and the red message light comes on and stays on for about 2-3 seconds . this keeps happening over and over again evenafter i took out the battery and put it back in . what the
69d35c6be00e5fc4932f9fefb06bc341133e760.gif
is wrongwith my phone ?!

im thinking about upgrading my phn... and was on the fence between a BB or an iphn.... which is the best BB for internet use, pref tmobile network since thatswhat i have now. I would also like to use diff application and mods. what are your suggestions guys?

How do I upgrade the operating system on my curve? I keep reading about people doing it but not how to do it.

From what Ive read, dont do it. Wait til the official release.
There are errors on the 4.5 that even when you go back your OG OS, they cant be corrected.
Its not worth it

Originally Posted by DJ IQ

I believe someone ask a question about how to disable the shutter sound when taking a picture well you can't and is a security feature from RIM to keep those "Peeping Toms" and "Underskirt pervs" in place. But thanks to the good folks of CRACKBERRY.COM we can bypass that "shutter sound"

1-You can call your voicemail or be on the other line with someone and go to camera "no shutter sound would be heard"
2-You can play music on your headphones or headset and go to camera and "No shutter sound would be heard"
or you can lower the volume while on the phone while playing music so their won't no indication that your taking a picture of someone "booty pics" FTW
3-If want enertiain your self by watching a video or listening to a ringtone do the same thing i just said above go to camera and no sound would be heard

I was trying to take a picture the other day of this girl in my class because she looks dead on to a good friend of mine. The little noise went off and Ihad to try and make it look like I accidently hit the camera button
embarassed.gif

im having trouble downloading OS 4.2.2

i have to completely reup my system because my BBerry nuked itself . the tutorial im reading told me to go to the AT&T site todownload OS 4.2.2 , but the only things they had to download were different versions of Desktop Manager . is there something im missing ? does Desktop Managercome with OS as well ?

^There's a separate dowload for the device software (the OS), and another for desktop manager.

Support>Phone and Device Support>Blackberry Software Downloads

Once you get to the page with the drop down box, select the phone model you have and it'll give you the link for the handheld software.

Question, I don't know how it works in america but for Tmobile can you go in, cop a phone with no contract than thats that? I wanna get the white BB Pearl.But my friend was in the states, tried to cop an iphone with no contract and they wouldn't let him.

Back
Top Bottom