...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I still can't believe the thread everytime I see it. Since I graduated law school every job I've had has made me carry a blackberry. I hate the thing....its like a chain to my desk. Yet you guys eat it up like its the best thing ever invented.

I thought I's take a minute to show you guys how far the blackberry has come...showing you pictures of the first one I ever had through the one that I currently have.....Blackberry OG's STAND UP!

When I first started working (this thing didn't have phone capability or anything...just work email):

041100a.jpg

Then they got me this when it came out (we all thought it was so wierd to have color):

1010616715.jpg

The I moved to another firm and they got me this one (and I used as my cell phone as well):

24_A.jpg

Then when this came out they got it for me (and I had this one up until about a week ago when I took a nre job):

BlackBerry_8800.jpg

And since I started my new job they got me this one (tahnkfully its much easier to type on than the one above):

41qgdcyk1fl_aa280_.jpg

HOVKID you forgot one..lol.

RIM-850.jpg

^ i have a memory card now and it's still doing the same thing . .

any advice? . . i have bluetooth enabled on the phone and on the mac.

i can pair them, i just can't connect.

33kqiom.jpg

Originally Posted by ireminisce

33kqiom.jpg

yea i can't move +$% from my comp to my phone either and i have a mac....i have a feeling its a compatibility issue

33kqiom.jpg
You cant move it using bluetooth you have to plug it in using the USB cable....when the phone is plugged into the mac it will ask u if u want to enableHD mode..click yes..then the memory stick will show up on the desktop...i use mine all the time with my mac..BLUETOOTH will not work

So the 9000, a.k.a. "Bold" IS coming to TMO. I'm amped, to say the least.

It should release on AT&T in late summer, which means we'll see it possibly by October or November on T-Mobile.

*starts saving because I refuse to extend my contract any longer*

What's the price range for the 9000? I heard it was pretty outrageous.

On a side note, I installed the OS 4.5 Beta on my 8320 and I'm liking it so far. No major bugs yet, knock on wood. Video recorder, ability to watch youtubeon the browser and the L theme FTW!!!

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

What's the price range for the 9000? I heard it was pretty outrageous.

On a side note, I installed the OS 4.5 Beta on my 8320 and I'm liking it so far. No major bugs yet, knock on wood. Video recorder, ability to watch youtube on the browser and the L theme FTW!!!
Early reports are saying basically the same price that the Curve was for new subscribers/upgrades. So what's that--the $200-$350 range? Seemsabout right to me.

I'd guess if you want to buy it outright from your carrier with no contract extension or upgrade, you'd be looking at $400-500, which isn't toounheard of. I guess after buying unlocked phones for a few years, that price range doesn't seem too crazy, although it really is a grip of loot for aphone when it boils down to it. That $ could easily go to something more important, but eff it.

Originally Posted by Datnggag

33kqiom.jpg
You cant move it using bluetooth you have to plug it in using the USB cable....when the phone is plugged into the mac it will ask u if u want to enable HD mode..click yes..then the memory stick will show up on the desktop...i use mine all the time with my mac..BLUETOOTH will not work
Bluetooth does work. On the 8320, you can go to one of your media folders (music, ringtones, pictures) and under options there is Recieve usingbluetooth. Once that is active you can send the file with your mac. You do have to do this each time you send a file.

blacberry-bold-1.jpg

Damn, took 'em long enough! RIM finally announced the BlackBerry Bold / 9000 -- we've got specs, but no price or hard launch date. Here we go:
  • Family will include HSDPA and EV-DO versions (including an AWS-capable 1700MHz version), much as we'd heard
  • 480 x 320 display
  • 625MHz CPU, 1GB internal flash memory
  • 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 (with A2Dp), GPS, MicroSDHC
  • 480 x 320 video recording, photo geotagging
  • 4.5 x 2.6 x 0.55-inches, 4.7 ounces
PC Mag's got the (latest) hands-on, hit the read link.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

blacberry-bold-1.jpg

Damn, took 'em long enough! RIM finally announced the BlackBerry Bold / 9000 -- we've got specs, but no price or hard launch date. Here we go:
  • Family will include HSDPA and EV-DO versions (including an AWS-capable 1700MHz version), much as we'd heard
  • 480 x 320 display
  • 625MHz CPU, 1GB internal flash memory
  • 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 (with A2Dp), GPS, MicroSDHC
  • 480 x 320 video recording, photo geotagging
  • 4.5 x 2.6 x 0.55-inches, 4.7 ounces
PC Mag's got the (latest) hands-on, hit the read link.

God that joint is copped!
1GB of memory storage..... finally. Still would have liked it be 2GB but 1 will do... thats a huge improvement from bs 64MB
laugh.gif

My only other qualm is i wish RIM had put a 3MP camera... camera isn't much of an upgrade from the curve. I wish BB would have a picture app to edit thepics you take... their severely lacking in that area.

VGA display screen
pimp.gif

Pics to show how thin it is
medium_2484842401_ef822042bb_o.png

Compared to the Curve
thumb463x_bb9000rev.jpg

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

So the 9000, a.k.a. "Bold" IS coming to TMO. I'm amped, to say the least.

It should release on AT&T in late summer, which means we'll see it possibly by October or November on T-Mobile.

*starts saving because I refuse to extend my contract any longer*

that aint that bad then- i can do the curve til the end of the year...they just better not lag on it

I drop/break my phones too much to do that unlocked mess...i like the ability to call the reps and have a fresh new joint overnighted to me for $15

I'm lovin tha 9000. 3G looks good. Yea it does have an iphone look to it. That's not a bad thing though. I could care less if its 900-1000 im coppinfirst day. Guess ill use that stimulus check on RIM instead of Gucci now. We needa confirmed date they needa drop that thing for July.

That memory upgrade is serious. Again the msrp on the phone is all rumors right now. It'll prolly be at most 600-700 to buy straight up. C'mon RIM makeChristmas in July happen.

I'm definitely feelin the Blackberry Bold. I just made the switch over to AT&T from T-Mobile this weekend and copped a Curve for me and the wife for$50 a piece. This will be copped once it drops
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

pimp.gif
@ the 9000.

I don't know if I missed it, but do we even know what quarter T-Mobile is releasing it?

Nobody knows at this point. Could be a few months after AT&T does as they did with the Curve.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

This sucks, T-Mobile needs 3G.
Step your knowledge game up. Visit howardforums.com.

TMO is rolling out 3G as we speak. It isn't everywhere yet, but it'll get there. I'm sure it will be fully operational by the time the 9000releases.

Back
Top Bottom