...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Blackeberry Bold is lookin real nice...........

Im just skeptical about buying it when it first releases....theres always problems with the first batch

9000 is so sexy...man...I don't even know...I need that joint RIGHT NOW!

But I'll wait till' November, I don't really have $600 to drop right now anyway. It'll actually be perfect because I'll extend my plan by ayear in October when my contract is up and cop this joint.

The 4.5 OS on the curve should be good until then but they need to release it officially already.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

This sucks, T-Mobile needs 3G.
Step your knowledge game up. Visit howardforums.com.

TMO is rolling out 3G as we speak. It isn't everywhere yet, but it'll get there. I'm sure it will be fully operational by the time the 9000 releases.
laugh.gif

see how much they roll out first.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

TMO is rolling out 3G as we speak. It isn't everywhere yet, but it'll get there. I'm sure it will be fully operational by the time the 9000 releases.
laugh.gif

They flipped the 3G switch here in NYC a few weeks ago, but its only for voice no data...TMO 3G FTL
eyes.gif

I don't know if it was mentioned but the Bold media player will be able to sync with Itunes and also have the ability to stream videos meaning the abilityto watch Youtube vids.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

I don't know if it was mentioned but the Bold media player will be able to sync with Itunes and also have the ability to stream videos meaning the ability to watch Youtube vids.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now that's what's up. I don't use iTunes that much anymore, but I could definitely make a playlist or 3 for it to sync. It's hard tounderstand how they are aiming this phone at businesses with features such as these, but it works for me as the consumer
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

What the hell is 3g???

3G refers to the third generation of developments in wireless technology, especially mobile communications. The thirdgeneration, as its name suggests, follows the first generation (1G) and second generation (2G) in wireless communications.

1G
The 1G period began in the late 1970s and lasted through the 1980s. These systems featured the first true mobile phone systems, known at first as"cellular mobile radio telephone." These networks used analog voice signaling, and were little more sophisticated than therepeater networks used by amateur radiooperators.

2G
The 2G phase began in the 1990s and much of this technology is still in use. The 2G cell phone features digital voice encoding. Examples include CDMA and GSM. Since its inception, 2G technology has steadily improved, withincreased bandwidth, packet routing, and the introduction of multimedia.

3G includes capabilities and features such as:

• Enhanced multimedia (voice, data, video, and remote control).

• Usability on all popular modes (cellular telephone, e-mail, paging, fax, videoconferencing, and Web browsing).

• Broad bandwidth and high speed (upwards of 2 Mbps).

• Roaming capability throughout Europe, Japan, and North America.
While 3G is generally considered applicable mainly to mobile wireless, it is also relevant to fixed wireless and portable wireless. A 3G system should beoperational from any location on, or over, the earth's surface, including use in homes, businesses, government offices, medical establishments, themilitary, personal and commercial land vehicles, private and commercial watercraft and marine craft, private and commercial aircraft (except where passengeruse restrictions apply), portable (pedestrians, hikers, cyclists, campers), and space stations and spacecraft.

3G offers the potential to keep people connected at all times and in all places. Researchers, engineers, and marketers are faced with thechallenge of accurately predicting how much technology consumers will actually be willing to pay for. Another challenge faced by 3G services is competitionfrom other high-speed wireless technologies, especially mobile WiMAX, and ability to roam between different kinds of wireless networks.

The current status of mobile wireless communications, as of July 2007, is a mix of 2nd and 3rd generation technologies.

laugh.gif

True. Buuuut, I'm willing to bet that 75% of the people clamoring for 3G have no idea that you can't just use any phone. So while TMO may not have3G yet, who cares because they don't even have any dope 3G-capable phones. That's why I said by the time the 9000 releases(at the earliest lateSept./early Oct.), it should be straight. Quite frankly, there are no other phones even worth mentioning in the same breath as 3G and T-Mobile, other than theBold.
So at this time, 3G is a moot point, IMO.

laugh.gif

True. Buuuut, I'm willing to bet that 75% of the people clamoring for 3G have no idea that you can't just use any phone. So while TMO may not have 3G yet, who cares because they don't even have any dope 3G-capable phones. That's why I said by the time the 9000 releases(at the earliest late Sept./early Oct.), it should be straight. Quite frankly, there are no other phones even worth mentioning in the same breath as 3G and T-Mobile, other than the Bold.
So at this time, 3G is a moot point, IMO.

That's sort of what I was getting at. Because the Curve isn't even 3G compatible. So it's useless to me, until then, I'll have to stick tousing this half-assed Wi-Fi.

3G was rolled out in NYC without data. Now a lot of people were all up in arms about that but the reason was that there are so many people in NYC with T-Mobilethat these 3G towers were needed to handle the sheer amount of T-Mobile customers in the NYC area.

^No go for me. I used my upgrade for my 8830, so I'd have to pay full price of $419 for a Curve. I was thinking about buying it using the 2nd line on myfamily plan, but Verizon won't sell me the phone without adding a BBdata plan. I toyed around with the 8330, the OS was version 4.3 but the browser wasable to play youtube videos.

Just a heads up for those of you on TMO who are considering the Curve 8320....price drops will take place on Wednesday. Here's the chart:

price-changes.jpg

Hey quick question is there any way to get a signature on your text messages for the blackberry curve? My lady just copped one for sprint and doesn't knowhow.

If I were to get a part time job at a AT&T (I need one this summer), would I get an additional discount when getting the BB Bold plus switching fromT-Mobile?

So I got my curve at the beggining of the year, but that one was defective.. The second one I got was defective too and had to return it. I got the new one atthe end of april beggining of may. Can I return it and get the upgrade discount??

Hoping to cop my 1st BB with the 8330 (Curve) from Sprint in a few weeks awhen my contract is up..looking forward to it
happy.gif

some news on a touch BB, thought u guys would like it..

Disclaimer: the image is a photoshop. Cool bit of news here coming from the BG. While the BlackBerry Nation was in General Session at WES, he dropped some details on the BlackBerry codename "Thunder" touchscreen smartphone in the works.
Those of you who follow the CB blogs will remember I made mention a few weeks back of the BlackBerry Storm touchscreen in the works. Since then (if you're a CB podcast listener), you will have known we already talked about the BlackBerry Thunder name a couple of times and if you click into the CrackBerry forums the Touchscreen forum has referenced both the Storm and Thunder name for days now. Word on the WES floors is that the "Storm" is still the planned hybrid (which of course does contain a touchscreen) and the Thunder is the full-touch. Maybe we'll see some details on the Storm emerge in the days ahead. As for the BG's news on the "Thunder", here's the scoop:
The BlackBerry Thunder, as it is codenamed now, (all you "reporting" on it as the Storm are incorrect) will launch in Q3 of this year. It is a full touchscreen BlackBerry - no slide out keyboard - with only 4 physical keys. Those are the send / end phone keys, the BlackBerry menu key, and the back key. Here is the most interesting part, though: it will launch as a worldwide lifetime exclusive on Verizon and Vodafone! We've heard the unit will be a hybrid device with CDMA EV-DO Rev. C (for clarification, Rev C., known as UMB is practically dead. If the device will indeed launch with a 4G solution, our bet is on LTE), and GSM HSPA for traveling internationally. Verizon and Vodafone will have the same unit. Currently, the model number is the BlackBerry 9500, though it's very early and that's likely to change. This is HUGE for the Verizon lovers. For once they'll get an exclusive device, but Verizon will have a sales quota for the device and if they don't meet those numbers, we've heard the exclusivity will then dissolve and it's over.

I have two thoughts on this... a) I can't wait to see REAL pics of this surface and b) I sure hope a couple of these babies come up for sale on eBay! Thanks for news Boy Genius, you've made many a Verizon customer extremely excited today

blackberrythunder.jpg

Back
Top Bottom