...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

^ You have to make sure you're dl'ing the proper software also... sometimes there will be different versions for people who have upgraded and whatnot.Sometimes it isn't listed. So if you dl'ed a theme and it's NOT listed in your list of themes, it could possibly be listed under applications. Ie.if you're running 4.2, you need to find themes made for a 4.2. I HAD 4.2 and was dl'ing a theme for a 4.5, it was listed in my apps but it never showedon my themes list.

Props to MyT and twentythree. FINALLY upgraded to the 4.5.
pimp.gif
Took about an hour with the data backup and the actual upgrade. So far so good. Menu's arecleaner, video camera...
smokin.gif
, youtube... it's aiight, a bit choppy but a dope feature to have now.

So far, so good.

^ yessir. i was happy when i finally was able to upgrade from v4.2.. that @@!% was a struggle
laugh.gif

.... and USC is still ranked in the top 10
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

To those of you who've updated to v4.5, have you had any problems with the ringtone volume? Seems a lot lower than it used to be... High sounds likeit's medium.
ohwell.gif

Is there a way to fix this?

Originally Posted by mike23theking

To those of you who've updated to v4.5, have you had any problems with the ringtone volume? Seems a lot lower than it used to be... High sounds like it's medium.
ohwell.gif

Mine actually seems like it's gotten louder.

Check your local T-Mobile store for these:

BB8300CH-PB.jpg

If they have any more there about $20 or less. I copped one in the croc skin brown for $7 at a T-Mo store and had to order a black one from ebay because allof them are gone from around my area.

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

To those of you who've updated to v4.5, have you had any problems with the ringtone volume? Seems a lot lower than it used to be... High sounds like it's medium.
ohwell.gif

mad.gif
Damn..

I hope they come up w/ something to fix this cause I like 4.5. I don't wanna downgrade back.
ohwell.gif

2wenty thre3, u think u can post the background for ur theme too? i got the theme but none of my backgrounds look nearly as nice as yours... thanks

Its my understanding that BB automatically delete txt after time. Is it possible to save specific txts so that theynever get automatically deleted?

^^^Are you running the latest version of 4.5? First 4.5 beta I installed on my 8830 screwed up the loudness of all the ringtones. After installing a later beta(4.5.0.77), it didn't include ANY ringtones- I had to copy a file from an earlier OS version to restore them, but once I did, they were dumb loud. Iactually had to change the volume setting on my BB because I thought it was going to blow the speaker on the phone. iHust1e, there is an option to set how longyour BB saves your messages for; you can also manually save specific messages to a saved folder. If I'm not mistaken, the only other way you'll losemessages is if your BB starts to run out of memory for whatever reason or has a memory leak.

Originally Posted by Jordan Balla

2wenty thre3, u think u can post the background for ur theme too? i got the theme but none of my backgrounds look nearly as nice as yours... thanks
no problem man... it's just a leather background

eg1hv.jpg

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

ohwell.gif

mad.gif
Damn..

I hope they come up w/ something to fix this cause I like 4.5. I don't wanna downgrade back.
ohwell.gif
yo mike there's a new version out that supposedly fixes the sound issue...

here's a review of the newest OS (Newest v4.5.0.81 OS: 8300/8310/8320) from a different forum

Just wanted to compile my experience with this OS update specific to this handset and carrier as there may be some issues that are unique to users of the T-Mobile version of the 8320. Hopefully this will help those of you pondering the upgrade and answer any questions before they develop.

Installation is straightforward if you've done an OS upgrade before. if not, please review one of the many guides on this and other forums for assistance.
- removing the previous OS from your device (wiping) is not necessary.
- if you're upgrading from OS 4.5.0.42 or higher, you may leave the media card installed in the device. if not, remove the card, back it up, and format it before reinstalling in the device to prevent a format read error that causes a device restart loop.

after 18 hours of testing, the device has not died, restarted, or dropped a call based on device errors.

-UMA calls connect cleanly and consistently.
-wifi network detection seems to have lost some speed as it now takes just a bit longer for it to detect and connect to my T-Mobile Linksys hotspot router. i will be deleting the wifi profile database to see if this will fix the issue and report back.
-If you use the bundled MSN Messenger app, the update will revert back to the older, packaged version. delete and resintall the newest version from mobile.blackberry.com, then go into Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader > 8320-v4.5.0.81_P2.7.0.78 folder and locate the file "WLM.alx" and rename it to "WLM.OLD". This will prevent future connections to Desktop Manager from reverting to the old version automatically.
-Bluetooth during UMA calling has finally been stabilized. the static present in previous releases has been fixed, and the reliability has been much improved. a 30 minute test call was successful, as well as receiving calls with the headset.
-UMA handoff stability has been improved noticeably when transferring from UMA to cellular and vice versa.
-Wireless Update. you will probably notice this option in Options > Advanced Options. it works, but once your service books are downloaded, this option will go away as T-Mobile does not support the function.
-service books. you may notice before service books are installed the above wireless update option, and you may also lose your Email Setup icon. this will come back once your service books are updated.

for me this was a very worthwhile update. since 4.5.0.55, the UMA + Bluetooth calling had been pretty much dead for me, as every call would die after 30 seconds with that combo. with this release, it has been completely fixed; no static, no dropped calls, no mid-call reboots. if you had issues with UMA calling, bluetooth, or the combination of the two, i highly recommend upgrading to this release.

if you have an 8120, 8320, or 8820 and use UMA calling at all, i highly recommend upgrading to this release as it resolves ALL of the calling issues that UMA users have been having in recent releases.

im DL the new OS right now...

if any of you guys want it, you can get it here:

(select 8300 and you're good to go)

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.dohttps://www.blackberry.co...wnloads/browseSoftware.do

pimp.gif

hey ppls,

I got my blackberry curve today
pimp.gif
. Is there a way to transfer all yourcontact to that phone? I put my sim card in and it recognizes my number but it didnt carry over my contacts...

Thanks for the help for the txt question btw

Originally Posted by iHust1e

hey ppls,

pimp.gif
. Is there a way to transfer all your contact to that phone? I put my sim card in and it recognizes my number but it didnt carry over my contacts...

use the desktop manager...one of the options is transfer data from a non blackberry to your blackberry...

Originally Posted by iHust1e

hey ppls,

pimp.gif
. Is there a way to transfer all your contact to that phone? I put my sim card in and it recognizes my number but it didnt carry over my contacts...

Go to your address book. Press the BlackBerry button
blackberry_logo_unlock.gif
and press "SIM Phone Book". Press thee BlackBerry button (which is called the navigation button) and press Copy All To Address book

^^^Once you download and install the OS, plug your BB to your pc and open up Desktop Manager, click on Application Loader.

Thanks for the help fellas!
I dicovered the help button on the curve
eek.gif
and it showed me how to doit
roll.gif

I ordered purple colored housing bc I dont like red. Pink was my first choice but my friends looked at me weird when Imade the suggestion so opted for something less feminine yet still different. Ill post pics when it comes in and is installed.

Back
Top Bottom