...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by iHust1e

ive been trying to update this damn OS all day yesterday to no avail.....maybe you guys can help...

ok so my bb curve is 4.2..... and my desktop manager is the most recent one 4.6v

I was able to use the manager to update my contacts so I dnt think thats the problem.
I went to taht link some one posted to the bb website to update the phone and this what i see.....

t said there should be a button that allows me to update it but it never pops up. What activex control...am i supposed to install bc I do not see a link to that either.
Thanks for all the help soo far!!

You need to be using Internet Explorer.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

^^ $299 after rebate or no rebate require?
I have a feeling that may be AFTER rebate, but Rogers just dropped their BOLD down to $299 out the door w/ a contract so it will be interesting tosee if AT&T follows suit. Hopefully they will, but they need to release the BOLD ASAP though
tired.gif

aight i need some help - this doesnt make any sense

so i was having all those problems with the phone shutting off/not holding charge etc - i call tmo get a new phone sent...cool- same problems so obviously itsthe batt not the phone - i go down to the tmo store and cop a new batt...charge it up use it and now it wont take a charge

like i plug it in...the bolt will show then disappear after two seconds....i tried FOUR chargers i have plus the usb....
nerd.gif

anybody experience this?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by krey1231

Anyone picking up the Storm for Verizon on wed?

Say what?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

is this a joke? this gotta be a joke right?

latest i saw- no price or date yet...doubt they "quickstrike it"

081008-blackberry-hmed-546a.hmedium.jpg

New BlackBerry Storm adds touchscreen
But unlike the iPhone, screen is backed by springs, making it easier to type

By Peter Svensson

The Associated Press

updated 1:16 a.m. ET, Wed., Oct. 8, 2008

NEW YORK - Research in Motion Ltd., maker of the BlackBerry, is taking on Apple Inc. with a touch-screen phone that puts a new twist on the technology.

RIM is known for its e-mail-oriented phones with large keypads. With the new model being announced Wednesday, RIM is for the first time giving up the physical keypad in favor of a large screen, just like the one on Apple's iPhone.

But RIM has listened to users who find the iPhone's glass screen awkward to type on because its virtual buttons provide no tactile feedback. The Storm's whole screen is backed by springs, and when pressed, it gives under the finger.

The long-rumored Storm will be available from Verizon Wireless in the U.S. and from Vodafone Group PLC overseas before the holidays, the companies said. No price has been disclosed yet.

In an unusual twist, the phone will work both on Verizon Wireless' network and on Vodafone's, even though they use incompatible technologies. Like a few other Verizon Wireless handsets before it, the Storm will be equipped with radios to handle both networks, making international roaming a possibility. The iPhone, carried by AT&T Inc. in the U.S., can already roam internationally.

The addition of a touch-screen phone to the BlackBerry lineup, the mainstay of e-mail-addicted executives and managers, is a testament to the effect of the iPhone. RIM's share of the U.S. smart-phone market has stayed above 50 percent, but the iPhone has clearly helped expand that market.

Over the last year, technology buyers at large corporations have found their employees demanding a touch-screen phone, said Mike Lanman, chief marketing officer of Verizon Wireless.

"Everybody eventually leaves work ... and becomes a person," Lanman said.

The iPhone's facility with Web browsing and movie playing are big reasons for its appeal. The Storm will initially lack an equivalent of Apple's iTunes movie store, though shorter clips will be available through Verizon Wireless' VCast service.

As a Web browser, the Storm more closely emulates the desktop experience than the iPhone does. That's because the screen can distinguish between light touches and firm presses. A light touch can move around a cursor, while a firm press activates a link, much like moving a mouse cursor has a different effect from clicking a mouse button, said Mike Lazaridis, RIM's co-chief executive.

Verizon Wireless is the last of the four national U.S. brands to unveil a flagship touch-screen model. AT&T has the iPhone, Sprint Nextel Corp. sells the Samsung Instinct, and T-Mobile USA just announced the G1, the first phone to run Google Inc.'s software. Verizon Wireless does have other touch-screen phones in its lineup, but none that it has promoted with as much vigor as other carriers have.

[emoji]169[/emoji] 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27074572/from/ET/http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27074572/from/ET/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27074572/from/ET/

im sayin cuz id be P/O if verizon got a date for the storm an i still got no date for the att BOLD.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

so i was having all those problems with the phone shutting off/not holding charge etc - i call tmo get a new phone sent...cool- same problems so obviously its the batt not the phone - i go down to the tmo store and cop a new batt...charge it up use it and now it wont take a charge

like i plug it in...the bolt will show then disappear after two seconds....i tried FOUR chargers i have plus the usb....
nerd.gif

anybody experience this?
I had the problem just 2 weeks ago. I bought a new battery and I'm good. I called T-Mo/RIM and they sent me a new battery as well.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

so i was having all those problems with the phone shutting off/not holding charge etc - i call tmo get a new phone sent...cool- same problems so obviously its the batt not the phone - i go down to the tmo store and cop a new batt...charge it up use it and now it wont take a charge

nerd.gif

anybody experience this?
I had the problem just 2 weeks ago. I bought a new battery and I'm good. I called T-Mo/RIM and they sent me a new battery as well.
so these bastards gave me a bad battery? i just bought it last weekend.....

time to go flip over some display stands
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

nerd.gif

anybody experience this?
so these bastards gave me a bad battery? i just bought it last weekend.....

time to go flip over some display stands
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Serious though, if this is a problem you should seek some compensationand not pay your bill a couple of months
smokin.gif

blackberry storm ftw! just in time with my every 2 year discount ive been with vzw for 6 years. to be release late oct or early nov. cant wait

Yo, I got a T Mobile 8320 from my friend, had him call in for an unlock code, but T Mobile said RIM isn't giving out any more unlock codes! WWHHAAAATTT?

Any word on this?

NEW YORK (AP) - A delayed top-of-the-line BlackBerry phone from Research in Motion Ltd. is still undergoing testing by AT&T Inc., and RIM's co-CEOimplied that the carrier wants to avoid the chorus of complaints about performance that greeted the new iPhone this summer.

RIM said in May that the BlackBerry Bold 9000 would go on sale this summer. It has gone on sale in some foreign markets, but it's still not available inthe U.S., and no date has been announced.
RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaridis said Thursday that the phone is still undergoing the certification process in which AT&T tests all new handsets to make sure theywork well on its wireless network.
"There's great scrutiny, as you might know, on that network and a certain device. So I guess everyone wants to be sure on every last test,"Lazaridis told The Associated Press.

Apple Inc.'s iPhone 3G went on sale in July, with AT&T as the sole U.S. carrier. Customers soon started complaining of slow data downloads and droppedcalls on some units. AT&T and Apple have not directly acknowledged a problem, but Apple has released a software update that was supposed to improveperformance. The majority of iPhones appear to be working well.
Lazaridis appeared confident that the Bold would not be subject to the iPhone's problems.

"We're very meticulous about what our product does," he said.
AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel would not confirm that the Bold was still in testing and said only that it would come out this year.
The delay of the Bold's U.S. launch has weighed on RIM's stock. The Waterloo, Ontario-based company will now be launching several new phones at once inthe coming months, and said last week that expenses from those rollouts would eat into short-term profits.
RIM's U.S. shares fell $1.04, 1.7 percent, to close at $60.96 on Friday.

how do you install .jav app files from teh desktop manager. Everything I try to do it says that its not the rightformat. Im trying to install the weather eye app btw

Also....crackberry.com doesnt load on my bb? is ther a mobile version of teh website?

Hey guys ive been having trouble with my pearl 8110. When im texting the screen goes white and then goes back to the homescreen. Then my texts started deletingthemselves every day now its every couple minutes. And its not due to me having the option on of keeping the messages for only a day, its at every 15 days, andmy call logs are deleting themselves to. Is there any way to fix this? Would Reloading the operating system work?

Back
Top Bottom