...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Who's getting Bold on the 27th?
nerd.gif
Hopefully they dont change the release date again

The Offical Release date is Nov. 4th ....
ohwell.gif
, and its gonna be $299 w/ 2 year contract

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2008-10-22-att-blackberry_N.htmhttp://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2008-10-22-att-blackberry_N.htmhttp://www.usatoday.com/t...0-22-att-blackberry_N.htm

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=26072http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=26072http://www.att.com/gen/pr...s&newsarticleid=26072

2e4263848835bf9e174c556207cff43f44bd27c0.gif

I'll wait for the Javelin.

I'll be exchanging my iPhone 3G for the BOLD on the 4th. I've already boxed it up and I'm using my RAZR until then. Now I'm contemplatingbetween using BBs for both my business and personal line. I have the Curve on the business line now.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

laugh.gif
idk - i deleted the vendor file and bam the 4.5 update showed...so i did it- then about halfway thru i got a "fatal error message" - i'm on the phone with TMO now...they said they have to reset something...i'll update in a few

update: was on the phone with tmo then RIM - they had me do an update from the blackberry support website then i went back in and did the update from desktop manager...bout 30 mins later and i'm good to go - have some fun with the cam
devil.gif
before i give the phone away

nerd.gif
STORM
You stay having problems when it comes to BlackBerrys
laugh.gif
I don't think you needed to delete the Vendor file, its just that when I installed the new OS on my PC, and it was in the middle of installing the update on my Curve, it got stuck on "Reading Programs" or something. So I just said eff it, canceled the update since it wasn't moving and deleted the .xml file as a pre-cautionary thing.

Hope everything is fine with your phone though. I love the new look of the Address Book. The browser is going to take some getting used to though.
laugh.gif
real talk its always something with this phone- but its all good now i guess- the joints installed...
I sent you a PIN request btw
embarassed.gif

i know its a diff carrier but will that mean pricing for the storm will be like $350?
I thought everything aside from the Javelin (with T-Mo) was going to be priced at $300 w/ 2 year contract?

yo is my blackberry dead? or is service in the southeast ouy? forthe past hr ive been gettin SOS instead of bars?

how do i go about gettin the 4.5 software for tmobile
nerd.gif
.... i keep seeing on the net that 4.2 is the latest version for b.b. users on tmobile becausethey're not 3g yet
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by yungchamp

how do i go about gettin the 4.5 software for tmobile
nerd.gif
.... i keep seeing on the net that 4.2 is the latest version for b.b. users on tmobile because they're not 3g yet
indifferent.gif
T-Mobile site, blackberry support, sitting there.

AT&T customers will be entering a bold new wireless world with the launch of the BlackBerry Bold, a breakthrough 3G BlackBerry smartphonethat operates on the nation's fastest 3G network and is the first to support HSDPA networks around the world, including in Japan and Korea. AT&T Inc. and Research In Motion announced today that the highly anticipated BlackBerry Bold smartphone will be available in the United States for aslow as $299.99 on Tuesday, Nov. 4, in AT&T retail stores nationwide, through www.att.com and select national retailers, as well as through AT&T's business-to-businesssales teams.

The BlackBerry Bold smartphone, which is being introduced in the United States only for AT&T customers, can be used in the most countries abroad, includingmore than 60 with 3G networks. AT&T is the world's leading provider of BlackBerry services.

Bold Design

The BlackBerry Bold smartphone's design and performance live up to its name. The elegant smartphone features a lustrous black exterior, satinchrome-finished frame and stylish, leatherette backplate with a stunning half-VGA (480 x 320 at 217 ppi) color display for eye-popping visuals and a newlydesigned full QWERTY keyboard for exceptionally fast and easy typing. On the inside, the BlackBerry Bold features built-in GPS and Wi-Fi(R), a powerful new 624MHz mobile processor that provides impressive performance, more storage memory than ever before - 1 GB on board and up to 16 GB via its microSD/SDHC expansionslot - and a rich set of multimedia capabilities, including an advanced media player for music, videos and photos and a 2 megapixel camera with built-in flash,zoom and video recording, as well as an optimized Web-browsing experience with desktop-style depiction.

"The BlackBerry Bold is the best BlackBerry smartphone ever, backed by the nation's fastest 3G network and the hands-down best international coverageof any carrier," said Ralph de la Vega, president and chief executive officer of AT&T Mobility. "The BlackBerry Bold is the complete package,providing customers with an absolutely outstanding mobile experience whether doing e-mail, browsing the Web, viewing streaming video or simply making a phonecall. And it is being introduced in the U.S. only from AT&T."

Mike Lazaridis, president and co-CEO at Research In Motion, said: "The development of the BlackBerry Bold smartphone was an ambitious undertaking, and wefocused intensely on the things that are most important to mobile customers when developing this best-in-class smartphone for HSDPA networks around the world.The BlackBerry Bold exudes quality in everything from its stunning display sharpness and incredible keyboard to its premium phone performance and sophisticatedsoftware applications. It provides an extraordinary mobile communications and multimedia experience, and we are very proud to introduce this breakthroughsmartphone in the United States together with AT&T."

AT&T Services

In addition to the renowned BlackBerry productivity applications - including phone, e-mail, messaging, organizer and browser - the BlackBerry Bold fromAT&T will boast such AT&T services as:

- Simultaneous Voice and Data Capabilities - When connected to AT&T's 3G network, customers can conduct a phone conversation and at the same time checke-mail, browse the Web or use another data application, including when tethered to a notebook computer.

- AT&T Navigator Global Edition - Powered by TeleNav, the only GPS-based service available from a U.S. wireless carrier to provide international navigationcapabilities. AT&T customers can get spoken or text-based turn-by-turn directions with automatic missed turn rerouting and a local business finder servicein 20 countries.

- Seamless Wi-Fi - Allows AT&T customers who turn on the BlackBerry Bold smartphone's Wi-Fi feature - 802.11 a/b/g - to connect automatically to homeor campus networks. AT&T customers also will be able to access more than 17,000 AT&T hot spots nationwide, including nearly 7,000 participatingStarbucks locations plus thousands more restaurants, airports, hotels and other convenient locations across the U.S.

- CV - CV (Cellular Video) from AT&T gives viewers access to thousands of video clips - news, sports, weather, entertainment and more - directly on aBlackBerry Bold smartphone via streaming video.

- AT&T Mobile Music Services - An industry leader in mobile music, AT&T boasts the largest catalog of offerings available today, giving customersmobile access to enjoy XM Radio Mobile, song identification through MusicID, music videos through MobiTV and over-the-air access to the extensive musicdatabases of Napster Mobile and eMusic - just to name a few.

AT&T Navigator, CV, AT&T Mobile Music services and more than 90,000 additional choices are available through AT&T MEdia Mall directly from theBlackBerry Bold or online.

E-mail and More

Like all BlackBerry smartphones, the BlackBerry Bold gives users the industry's leading mobile messaging solution. It works with BlackBerry EnterpriseServer, which enables advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novel GroupWise environments, as well asBlackBerry Professional Software for small businesses. It also works with BlackBerry Internet Service, which gives users push-based access to as many as 10supported work or personal e-mail accounts. Customers can also download and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files using the preloaded DataVizDocuments to Go software suite. Beyond e-mail, the BlackBerry Bold will support a wide range of business and lifestyle applications.

The BlackBerry Bold smartphone includes Bluetooth 2.0, which provides support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetoothperipherals. The included BlackBerry Desktop Manager software comes with Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry, which includes new features that make it easier toorganize multimedia content as well as manage music, videos and recorded Voice Notes between a computer and the smartphone. It also optimizes video files forsmooth full-screen playback on the BlackBerry Bold smartphone's large display with support for full-screen and widescreen formats.

Roxio Photosuite 9 LE is included, allowing customers to easily enhance pictures and create photo albums on their computer. In addition, the new BlackBerryMedia Sync application allows customers to sync their iTunes digital musical collections with the handset. The BlackBerry Bold also boasts a new acousticdesign for enhanced phone listening quality and clarity and numerous premium phone features, including Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for VoiceActivated Dialing (VAD).

AT&T Backed
Backing the BlackBerry Bold smartphone will be AT&T's 3G BroadbandConnect network, which currently is available in more than 320 major metropolitanareas in the U.S. and, by year-end, AT&T expects to offer the service in nearly 350 leading U.S. markets. In addition to 3G connectivity, the BlackBerryBold is also designed to connect seamlessly with AT&T's nationwide EDGE network, which is available in more than 13,000 cities and towns and along some40,000 miles of major highways.

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

Anyone here have/plan on unlocking a Bold for T-Mobile?

The main selling point of the Bold is the 3G. Personally, I wouldn't waste the $$ on an unlocked joint to NOT be able to use 3G. The Bold has other nicefeatures, but if I have a 3G-capable device, I'll be damned if I can't use 3G.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

The main selling point of the Bold is the 3G. Personally, I wouldn't waste the $$ on an unlocked joint to NOT be able to use 3G. The Bold has other nice features, but if I have a 3G-capable device, I'll be damned if I can't use 3G.
Not necessarily going to matter, people use iPhones, G1's on a daily, ye dig?

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

The main selling point of the Bold is the 3G. Personally, I wouldn't waste the $$ on an unlocked joint to NOT be able to use 3G. The Bold has other nice features, but if I have a 3G-capable device, I'll be damned if I can't use 3G.
Not necessarily going to matter, people use iPhones, G1's on a daily, ye dig?

Understandable. But for me, I'd feel like a sucka having a 3G-capable device and not being able to utilize it. No point in spending that money for anunlocked joint that I can't use to it's full capabilities, IMO.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

so ATT is gettin the blackberry bold... T-Mobile is getting the storm? what's good with the javellin?
Wrong. Verizon is geting the storm and t-mobile is getting the javelin.

^take the battery and sim card out and put it back on for a hard reset...it should solve your problem...if not you need to hit a t-mo store and get a simreplacement

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

what the !*@$ does 'sim card rejecte' mean?
If you dropped your phone it probably just shifted the sim card a bit.. that's usually the case.

Just do what dude said and take it out, put it back. You should be straight after that.

I updated to the 4.5os last night and it deleted all my BB messenger contacts, but everything else is good

OS is kinda nice- one thing i noticed that was kinda weird- maybe its a setting or something
nerd.gif

i have a custom wallpaper - but it switches to something else on the in call screen? no big deal...but it just looked different to me

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Yo the Bold is bout to be dumb expensive.
smh.gif
$299 for a 2 year. The big question is that after a $50 or $100 MIR.
OS is kinda nice- one thing i noticed that was kinda weird- maybe its a setting or something
nerd.gif

i have a custom wallpaper - but it switches to something else on the in call screen? no big deal...but it just looked different to
It's all associated with the theme that you select.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Yo the Bold is bout to be dumb expensive.
smh.gif
HA

Right now Best Buy has the Blackberry Storm pricelisted at $699, that shatters my hopes of copping the phone. When phones are priced more than cpu's imgood, im looking for them recession prices.

bbystorm11.jpg

bbystorm2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom