OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

%%! he babbling about
28hzq88.jpg

shut up and pay attention to to art being spoken!
laugh.gif

but i have no idea, but i love me some jack.

shut up and pay attention to to art being spoken!
laugh.gif

but i have no idea, but i love me some jack.

That's Jack being Jack.

Throwing the king's tea in the salty sea!

Edit:

I think Subban is an awesome player. He's skilled, talented, skates, can blast the puck. When he got that PP goal in the 3rd, I was mad but laughing at what he was doing because he is a G.

Where's the boos you foolios?
roll.gif

That's Jack being Jack.

Throwing the king's tea in the salty sea!

Edit:

I think Subban is an awesome player. He's skilled, talented, skates, can blast the puck. When he got that PP goal in the 3rd, I was mad but laughing at what he was doing because he is a G.

Where's the boos you foolios?
roll.gif

0-2 on my picks last night. 
laugh.gif

As for Datsyuk, he gets a ton of press and positive media attention in Canada. (Which is weird, him neither playing on a Canadian team, nor being Canadian).

After Lidstrom, he's the player that I think of when I hear Detroit.

0-2 on my picks last night. 
laugh.gif

As for Datsyuk, he gets a ton of press and positive media attention in Canada. (Which is weird, him neither playing on a Canadian team, nor being Canadian).

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

It's really no surprise to me that Pasha gets shine & positive media attention in Canada. Yes he is Russian and we know that's normally not a good look in Canada
laugh.gif
, but he is an amazing player and to sleep on that fact is a crime to the sport.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

It's really no surprise to me that Pasha gets shine & positive media attention in Canada. Yes he is Russian and we know that's normally not a good look in Canada
laugh.gif
, but he is an amazing player and to sleep on that fact is a crime to the sport.

Subban is boo'd because of the way he plays the game and because he is the habs' best player. Why is chara boo'd everywhere? Ovi is boo'd in Boston too, FYI.
But it's one thing when the little finks on MTL dive, they need to. But subban doesn't need to. His game is enough. But someone go to YouTube and type in subban dive game 7 from last night. Laughable. I honestly believe if he played elsewhere, the diving would stop, and he would bs loved. I LOVE his skill and gameplay, but the diving and weaselly stuff has to go.

And mike Grier isnt boo'd, iginla isn't boo'd...why is that? The way they play the game is respectable, that's why.

Posting from phone so ignore the typos haha

Subban is boo'd because of the way he plays the game and because he is the habs' best player. Why is chara boo'd everywhere? Ovi is boo'd in Boston too, FYI.
But it's one thing when the little finks on MTL dive, they need to. But subban doesn't need to. His game is enough. But someone go to YouTube and type in subban dive game 7 from last night. Laughable. I honestly believe if he played elsewhere, the diving would stop, and he would bs loved. I LOVE his skill and gameplay, but the diving and weaselly stuff has to go.

And mike Grier isnt boo'd, iginla isn't boo'd...why is that? The way they play the game is respectable, that's why.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

It's not just the booing....PK isn't the first brash personality to come through the NHL....however, he's one of two black players who fall under that umbrella (pre-Ducks Ray Emery)....The way I see it is that if you play hockey with an ounce of passion or something along the lines that is seen as being "not the norm" from how certain people thing the game should be played, you're looked at differently.  Add in PK's skin color, and that's a double-whammy.  Like I said...a lot of the hate he gets is because of his pigmentation.  He's a very easy guy to hate because on top of it all, he's VERY skilled. 

You can't compare him to Mike Grier....Grier is a good dude, but at the end of the day he'll be remembered as an African American who played hockey.  Will people remember him for anything else in the NHL?  Probably not.  And let's not forget that Mike Grier was subjected to racial slurs from Chris Simon.  

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

It's not just the booing....PK isn't the first brash personality to come through the NHL....however, he's one of two black players who fall under that umbrella (pre-Ducks Ray Emery)....The way I see it is that if you play hockey with an ounce of passion or something along the lines that is seen as being "not the norm" from how certain people thing the game should be played, you're looked at differently.  Add in PK's skin color, and that's a double-whammy.  Like I said...a lot of the hate he gets is because of his pigmentation.  He's a very easy guy to hate because on top of it all, he's VERY skilled. 

You can't compare him to Mike Grier....Grier is a good dude, but at the end of the day he'll be remembered as an African American who played hockey.  Will people remember him for anything else in the NHL?  Probably not.  And let's not forget that Mike Grier was subjected to racial slurs from Chris Simon.  

As far as I know, one has a great shot, the other is too young to really judge.
If memory serves, one is a defensemen and one is a goalie I think? 

As far as I know, one has a great shot, the other is too young to really judge.
If memory serves, one is a defensemen and one is a goalie I think? 

I hear ya. And im not trying to say none of the hate PK is racially related. But the dude does not help his own cause with the diving and flops...which should not fall under passion. It seemed like a lot of players actualy like and respect him based off what I saw during the handshakes. Of course, when you win, it's all smiles. And you nailed it when you said his skill makes him an easy target. He's good and he gets under your skin with the antics. I do hope that once he leaves MTL the diving stops, because his future is bright in this league, no doubt. I'd probably like him on any other team.

I hear ya. And im not trying to say none of the hate PK is racially related. But the dude does not help his own cause with the diving and flops...which should not fall under passion. It seemed like a lot of players actualy like and respect him based off what I saw during the handshakes. Of course, when you win, it's all smiles. And you nailed it when you said his skill makes him an easy target. He's good and he gets under your skin with the antics. I do hope that once he leaves MTL the diving stops, because his future is bright in this league, no doubt. I'd probably like him on any other team.

Back
Top Bottom