OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

roll.gif

Wouldn't even shake his hand.
frown.gif

3-0 lead again...yet i'm uneasy
laugh.gif

our PP finally comes thru when we don't need it. and it took a 5 on 3...hopefully it opens the floodgates. keep it up...the next win will be the toughest to get. love how we came out hitting and matching their physical game tonight. important to get that early goal to sort of put em back on their heels. thomas in that zone...keep it up and keep proving me wrong, man.

3-0 lead again...yet i'm uneasy
laugh.gif

our PP finally comes thru when we don't need it. and it took a 5 on 3...hopefully it opens the floodgates. keep it up...the next win will be the toughest to get. love how we came out hitting and matching their physical game tonight. important to get that early goal to sort of put em back on their heels. thomas in that zone...keep it up and keep proving me wrong, man.

Crazy how competitive every series was round 1 and this just isn't the same

And I saw props to Sid DoubleJs, keep that up ha ha

Crazy how competitive every series was round 1 and this just isn't the same

And I saw props to Sid DoubleJs, keep that up ha ha

And I think I'm going with TB rest of the playoffs, not who else in would cheer for...maybe Vancouver

And I think I'm going with TB rest of the playoffs, not who else in would cheer for...maybe Vancouver

I think Tampa got the East they look good.

I thought Vokoun was a RFA.   lvj i don't know who i would want from the Ducks.

Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that Dwayne Roloson would be in another Conference Final. If Boston wins, that's going to be a great series. I'm still rooting for San Jose *shrugs*

Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that Dwayne Roloson would be in another Conference Final. If Boston wins, that's going to be a great series. I'm still rooting for San Jose *shrugs*

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Nah, he's a UFA........although he's stated a few times that he wants to stay in South Florida.

Sad to see the Caps get swept to be honest, they're too talented of a team to be swept by TB & a 41year old goalie (I hate Roli)
laugh.gif
If anything, I just wanted to see more hockey.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Nah, he's a UFA........although he's stated a few times that he wants to stay in South Florida.

Sad to see the Caps get swept to be honest, they're too talented of a team to be swept by TB & a 41year old goalie (I hate Roli)
laugh.gif
If anything, I just wanted to see more hockey.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

It's a wrap...

30t6p3b.gif

Congrats to TB. They wanted it more. I know this game isn't over, but there isn't a chance in hell that the Caps come back tonight. I had hope, too
30t6p3b.gif
I thought that there would be more intensity and fire from the guys, but they proved me wrong. Changes needs to be made. I can handle losing....what I can't accept is a poor effort. These guys think that they can just get by with their skill. On paper, this might be the most talented team in the NHL. What we're finding out (again) in the playoffs is that a lot of guys aren't willing to do the necessary things to score goals. Go hard to the net, pay the price, win battles, etc....If it ain't coming from Bruce, you gotta look at your captain. I'm a HUGE Ovechkin fan, but you look at other cup winners in the past who had the "C" on their sweater (Messier, Yzerman, Brind'Amour, Stevens, *whispers* Crosby, etc..), they ALL led by example. I'm not talking about trying to do things on your own, because things don't work that way in the NHL. All of those guys on the road to their championships in NY, Det, Car, NJ, & Pit, each had a moment where their leadership came through in one way or another. I think we're still waiting for that "moment" with Ovechkin. It's not just him.....players are not being held accountable for STUPID mistakes. Mistakes that you should not be making when the stakes are so high. Obviously this isn't the year....but it's been the same song/dance with this team for the past 3 seasons. Honestly, this series loss to TB is worse than what happened last year vs. Montreal. G

Going back to Bruce....I like the guy. He's done wonders in developing the talent that we have here in DC. Guys like Backstrom, Green, and Laich have flourished under him. That being said, he's being out-coached by Guy Boucher. Which should not happen. Maybe this team needs more of a disciplinarian at the helm (not Mike Keenan), but someone of the Bylsma mold. A guy who can motivate and get the best out of the talent on a nightly basis. I dunno, man. A lot of things going thru my head about this team. There are PLENTY of questions that need to be answered, but here's my quick breakdown of who should stay/go for next season:

Keepers:

Ovechkin
Backstrom
Johansson
Laich (hopefully)
Chimera
Gordon
Hendricks
Green
Wideman
Alzner
Carlson
Hannan (hopefully)
Neuvirth

Trade:

Fehr
Schultz
Semin
Varlamov (Holtby can backup next year)
Poti (that contract
30t6p3b.gif
)

Cut:

King (Wish we still had SDR still in the system and never gave him up....what an absolute WASTE of a trade)

Undecided:

Erskine
Bradley (no point in having both he and Hendricks on the roster IMO)
Arnott (keep either him or Knuble)
Knuble (keep either him or Arnott)
Sturm

I'm convinced you have the IQ of a newt ...

Green, Schultz, Semin and Backstrom can go kick a soccer ball with Ochocinco ... I'd trade these gutless, heartless, motionless, ballless vaginas to ANY team in the NHL in return for their head zamboni and vulcanized rubber scraps ... There comes a point when you have to call a spade a spade and realize that the aforementioned players don't have what it takes to be champions ...

Mike Green: Never liked the *#!#%, still dont like the *#!#% ... Can't play defense, doesn't score goals anymore, a liability on the ice and to the pocketbook ... cut the mother $@*#%* ... didnt like you, wont miss you ... peace, ya punk $*+@* ... lower body injury? sounds like  a pulled uterus ...

Jeff Schultz: Probably the biggest waste of flesh and bones in the NHL ... Ole big for no reason, two left skates lookin dude ... Him paired with Green is like making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with cheese instead of peanut butter ... One of the WORST coaching decisions I've ever seen in the history of sports ...

Alexander Semin: Where do I begin? Mr. I NEVER show up when it really counts, only when it kinda counts ... Mr. I need a veteran to light a fire under my *%% in order to play half way decent ... Mr. I can't stop dangling my dingle while im on the ice ... Soft, frail and full of estrogen ... Bye

Niklas itakeitintheBackdoorstrom: #%%% you ...

Keep:

Arnott
Erskine
Bradley
Knuble
Ovechkin
Johansson
Laich
Chimera
Gordon
Hendricks
Wideman
Alzner
Carlson
Hannan
Neuvirth
Varlamov (should be starting)

Trade/Cut:

Green
Backstrom
Fehr
Sturm
Schultz
Semin
Poti
King

And last but not least, Bruce ... my man Bruce ... such a waste of coaching inability ... sitting there with the most talent in the world and cant get out of the second round ... collapse after collapse after collapse ... smh ... GET THE #%%% OUT OF TOWN ...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

It's a wrap...

30t6p3b.gif

Congrats to TB. They wanted it more. I know this game isn't over, but there isn't a chance in hell that the Caps come back tonight. I had hope, too
30t6p3b.gif
I thought that there would be more intensity and fire from the guys, but they proved me wrong. Changes needs to be made. I can handle losing....what I can't accept is a poor effort. These guys think that they can just get by with their skill. On paper, this might be the most talented team in the NHL. What we're finding out (again) in the playoffs is that a lot of guys aren't willing to do the necessary things to score goals. Go hard to the net, pay the price, win battles, etc....If it ain't coming from Bruce, you gotta look at your captain. I'm a HUGE Ovechkin fan, but you look at other cup winners in the past who had the "C" on their sweater (Messier, Yzerman, Brind'Amour, Stevens, *whispers* Crosby, etc..), they ALL led by example. I'm not talking about trying to do things on your own, because things don't work that way in the NHL. All of those guys on the road to their championships in NY, Det, Car, NJ, & Pit, each had a moment where their leadership came through in one way or another. I think we're still waiting for that "moment" with Ovechkin. It's not just him.....players are not being held accountable for STUPID mistakes. Mistakes that you should not be making when the stakes are so high. Obviously this isn't the year....but it's been the same song/dance with this team for the past 3 seasons. Honestly, this series loss to TB is worse than what happened last year vs. Montreal. G

Going back to Bruce....I like the guy. He's done wonders in developing the talent that we have here in DC. Guys like Backstrom, Green, and Laich have flourished under him. That being said, he's being out-coached by Guy Boucher. Which should not happen. Maybe this team needs more of a disciplinarian at the helm (not Mike Keenan), but someone of the Bylsma mold. A guy who can motivate and get the best out of the talent on a nightly basis. I dunno, man. A lot of things going thru my head about this team. There are PLENTY of questions that need to be answered, but here's my quick breakdown of who should stay/go for next season:

Keepers:

Ovechkin
Backstrom
Johansson
Laich (hopefully)
Chimera
Gordon
Hendricks
Green
Wideman
Alzner
Carlson
Hannan (hopefully)
Neuvirth

Trade:

Fehr
Schultz
Semin
Varlamov (Holtby can backup next year)
Poti (that contract
30t6p3b.gif
)

Cut:

King (Wish we still had SDR still in the system and never gave him up....what an absolute WASTE of a trade)

Undecided:

Erskine
Bradley (no point in having both he and Hendricks on the roster IMO)
Arnott (keep either him or Knuble)
Knuble (keep either him or Arnott)
Sturm

I'm convinced you have the IQ of a newt ...

Green, Schultz, Semin and Backstrom can go kick a soccer ball with Ochocinco ... I'd trade these gutless, heartless, motionless, ballless vaginas to ANY team in the NHL in return for their head zamboni and vulcanized rubber scraps ... There comes a point when you have to call a spade a spade and realize that the aforementioned players don't have what it takes to be champions ...

Mike Green: Never liked the *#!#%, still dont like the *#!#% ... Can't play defense, doesn't score goals anymore, a liability on the ice and to the pocketbook ... cut the mother $@*#%* ... didnt like you, wont miss you ... peace, ya punk $*+@* ... lower body injury? sounds like  a pulled uterus ...

Jeff Schultz: Probably the biggest waste of flesh and bones in the NHL ... Ole big for no reason, two left skates lookin dude ... Him paired with Green is like making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with cheese instead of peanut butter ... One of the WORST coaching decisions I've ever seen in the history of sports ...

Alexander Semin: Where do I begin? Mr. I NEVER show up when it really counts, only when it kinda counts ... Mr. I need a veteran to light a fire under my *%% in order to play half way decent ... Mr. I can't stop dangling my dingle while im on the ice ... Soft, frail and full of estrogen ... Bye

Niklas itakeitintheBackdoorstrom: #%%% you ...

Keep:

Arnott
Erskine
Bradley
Knuble
Ovechkin
Johansson
Laich
Chimera
Gordon
Hendricks
Wideman
Alzner
Carlson
Hannan
Neuvirth
Varlamov (should be starting)

Trade/Cut:

Green
Backstrom
Fehr
Sturm
Schultz
Semin
Poti
King

And last but not least, Bruce ... my man Bruce ... such a waste of coaching inability ... sitting there with the most talent in the world and cant get out of the second round ... collapse after collapse after collapse ... smh ... GET THE #%%% OUT OF TOWN ...

There are a few problems with the Sedins and they are all related in one way or another (Insert punch line drum)
They get pushed around too easily, I see them falling on the ice more and any others in the playoffs. 

Then when they get a great chance they can't finish, so many times this post season I see then with a great chance to score and they just don't get the puck in the air. Both of them, just can't left that puck up a few inches or score. 

Lastly, they are a huge liability on defence. Almost everytime they are on the ice, the opposing team has come consistent pressure on our end.I'm thinking if we get past a defensive team like Nashville perhaps they will be more effective, but I'm not sure.

There are a few problems with the Sedins and they are all related in one way or another (Insert punch line drum)
They get pushed around too easily, I see them falling on the ice more and any others in the playoffs. 

Then when they get a great chance they can't finish, so many times this post season I see then with a great chance to score and they just don't get the puck in the air. Both of them, just can't left that puck up a few inches or score. 

Lastly, they are a huge liability on defence. Almost everytime they are on the ice, the opposing team has come consistent pressure on our end.I'm thinking if we get past a defensive team like Nashville perhaps they will be more effective, but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom