OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

I have San Jose ...

This year sealed it for me as far as Ovechkin being the best player in hockey ... He was having a horrible season scoring wise and still managed to lead the Caps in every statistical category ... He dropped the gloves, he scored timely goals and is the only person on a nightly basis who looked like he gave a damn ...

Unless McPhee grows a pair and makes a blockbuster trade with one of his "stars," I'm afraid Ovi is rotting his career away ...

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Ovechkin is the best player in hockey. The playoff woes you people speak of are team oriented, not on an individual basis. He has produced in the playoffs as much as anyone else, it just so happens that he plays with a bunch of flakes.
this... Ovechkin has been dominant in the playoffs. The rest of his team? Not so much.

Ovechkin:
Season   Team                         Lge   GP G A Pts PIM
2010-11 Washington Capitals NHL 79 32 53 85 41

Crosby
Season   Team                        Lge   GP G A Pts PIM
2010-11 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 41 32 34 66 31

I'm one of the biggest Crosbot haters out there, but you cannot deny these statistics. Despite playeing almost 40 fewer games than AO this season, Sidney finished only 20 points behind him. Bear in mind, Crosby was without his two best teammates (Malkin and Staal) for most of that stretch. The above numbers are not "team-oriented," just pure individual talent.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Ovechkin is the best player in hockey. The playoff woes you people speak of are team oriented, not on an individual basis. He has produced in the playoffs as much as anyone else, it just so happens that he plays with a bunch of flakes.
this... Ovechkin has been dominant in the playoffs. The rest of his team? Not so much.

Ovechkin:
Season   Team                         Lge   GP G A Pts PIM
2010-11 Washington Capitals NHL 79 32 53 85 41

Crosby
Season   Team                        Lge   GP G A Pts PIM
2010-11 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 41 32 34 66 31

I'm one of the biggest Crosbot haters out there, but you cannot deny these statistics. Despite playeing almost 40 fewer games than AO this season, Sidney finished only 20 points behind him. Bear in mind, Crosby was without his two best teammates (Malkin and Staal) for most of that stretch. The above numbers are not "team-oriented," just pure individual talent.

So. Mutha. Uffin. Pumped. Can it be 9 o'clock yet?

Just wish I didn't have to work at 830 tomorrow
30t6p3b.gif

So. Mutha. Uffin. Pumped. Can it be 9 o'clock yet?

Just wish I didn't have to work at 830 tomorrow
30t6p3b.gif

Praying San Jose pulls out the W tonight.
frown.gif

As for the best overall player in hockey, I would have to say Crosby. He was on an absolute tear this season before getting injured, I hadn't seen anything like that in terms of the way he was playing and making EVERYONE around him better. If he had played a full season he was definitely going to come real close to his career high in points. DJ's can elaborate more on this, but the games I saw AO play this year, something just looked off? (Maybe an injury?) Everyone has their own opinions on who they think is the best, but I'd say Proshares list is a very accurate one of who the top players in the game are.

Praying San Jose pulls out the W tonight.
frown.gif

As for the best overall player in hockey, I would have to say Crosby. He was on an absolute tear this season before getting injured, I hadn't seen anything like that in terms of the way he was playing and making EVERYONE around him better. If he had played a full season he was definitely going to come real close to his career high in points. DJ's can elaborate more on this, but the games I saw AO play this year, something just looked off? (Maybe an injury?) Everyone has their own opinions on who they think is the best, but I'd say Proshares list is a very accurate one of who the top players in the game are.

Can someone school me on Crosby's injury? I have a general dislike for him so I never really followed it too much. I know it was a concussion but what made it so bad? Football players go down with a concussion and they're begging to come back next week, but this guy goes down and he's out for half the season? What gives...

Can someone school me on Crosby's injury? I have a general dislike for him so I never really followed it too much. I know it was a concussion but what made it so bad? Football players go down with a concussion and they're begging to come back next week, but this guy goes down and he's out for half the season? What gives...

Originally Posted by JJ1223

I read up on it and one doctor said that his estrogen levels spiked so high after he got hit, it simply incapacitated him ... And during his comeback he pulled his uterus ...

{()}

I read up on it and one doctor said that his estrogen levels spiked so high after he got hit, it simply incapacitated him ... And during his comeback he pulled his uterus ...

{()}

Originally Posted by msaba07

{()}

\
roll.gif
thats basically what I've been saying

Originally Posted by msaba07

{()}

\
roll.gif
thats basically what I've been saying

If Malkin hadn't torn his ACL/MCL, I have no doubt Crosby would have returned for the playoffs.

After the Malkin injury, though, the Pens front office-- smartly-- shut Crosby down. They weren't going to win the Cup without Malks, why risk a second concussion?

If Malkin hadn't torn his ACL/MCL, I have no doubt Crosby would have returned for the playoffs.

After the Malkin injury, though, the Pens front office-- smartly-- shut Crosby down. They weren't going to win the Cup without Malks, why risk a second concussion?

would have been foolish for sidney to return this year...pens mgmt knew what they were doing.

and yeah im not a sidney fan, but you have to respect his game. him and AO are awesome to watch. i just like AO's game more and prefer him over the kid.

would have been foolish for sidney to return this year...pens mgmt knew what they were doing.

and yeah im not a sidney fan, but you have to respect his game. him and AO are awesome to watch. i just like AO's game more and prefer him over the kid.

Back
Top Bottom