OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

All I can complain about in this series was the semi-infective penalty kill.

Sweep!

That & the stupid penalties overall. Now we get to rest up for San Jose, it's payback time for last year. We need Hank & Mule back healthy in order to get past the next round.

Wave goodbye to hockey in Phoenix, Arizona! (In some ways, its more like good riddance.)

NHL's Top 10 hits of the year:

Wave goodbye to hockey in Phoenix, Arizona! (In some ways, its more like good riddance.)

NHL's Top 10 hits of the year:

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I did too, he's been a bust in NY pretty much and that was just icing on the cake

134 points in 138 games as a Ranger is considered a bust? Please.
I can skew numbers too and make them look good ,you would say he's worth what he is getting paid?  I bet Rangers fans say no

I did too, he's been a bust in NY pretty much and that was just icing on the cake

I can skew numbers too and make them look good ,you would say he's worth what he is getting paid?  I bet Rangers fans say no

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Sweep!

That & the stupid penalties overall. Now we get to rest up for San Jose, it's payback time for last year. We need Hank & Mule back healthy in order to get past the next round.
From the footage I've seen Hank's been out there practicing and looks fine/good to go in eight days or whatever we have as a break. Sorta disappointed about Franzen, but after that hit and the stitches I thought he might be out a game anyways. Talk about nice when you can fill in with Mike Modano and Filppula.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Sweep!

From the footage I've seen Hank's been out there practicing and looks fine/good to go in eight days or whatever we have as a break. Sorta disappointed about Franzen, but after that hit and the stitches I thought he might be out a game anyways. Talk about nice when you can fill in with Mike Modano and Filppula.

Not a bust per say, but overrated and not living up to the 7.5mil he makes annually. 

Not a bust per say, but overrated and not living up to the 7.5mil he makes annually. 

I wouldn't go as far as calling the man a bust. Between injuries, extremely inconsistent linemates (also different linemates) and not having the best offensive help on the team I think he's done enough so far in his NY career.

But he's always been a player who can't realize his full potential without a playmaking center. Which is why they'll go hard for Richards.

I wouldn't go as far as calling the man a bust. Between injuries, extremely inconsistent linemates (also different linemates) and not having the best offensive help on the team I think he's done enough so far in his NY career.

But he's always been a player who can't realize his full potential without a playmaking center. Which is why they'll go hard for Richards.

I can understand Rangers fans frustration with him. When you're the highest paid player on the team, people expect results. Dude has been (for the msot part) invisible in the first 3 playoff games and also in the last 10 or so in the regular season leading in. He's got remarkable skill, but NYC will eat you up if you don't perform up to expectations. This is why the Rangers faithful appreciate guys like Callahan and Dubinsky because they leave their all on the ice. If one aspect of their game isn't up to par, they'll find another way to contribute. Glen Sather needs to be held accountable. Giving big money to guys like Gomez, Redden, Boogaard (not worth the money for what he does), etc. when their play for the Blueshirts doesn't warrant the cash that they make. Who knows...maybe Gaborik gets his swag back, but he seems like he's lost out there. I do feel bad for the guy in one regard in that he was trying to make a smart play by clearing the puck to the corner last night. Obviously it didn't work out, but that just compounded a lot of previous frustrations the Rangers faithful had with him and now I really don't know if there is any way he can get back into the good graces....outside of Toronto or Montreal, NYC is ridiculously hard to play in

I can understand Rangers fans frustration with him. When you're the highest paid player on the team, people expect results. Dude has been (for the msot part) invisible in the first 3 playoff games and also in the last 10 or so in the regular season leading in. He's got remarkable skill, but NYC will eat you up if you don't perform up to expectations. This is why the Rangers faithful appreciate guys like Callahan and Dubinsky because they leave their all on the ice. If one aspect of their game isn't up to par, they'll find another way to contribute. Glen Sather needs to be held accountable. Giving big money to guys like Gomez, Redden, Boogaard (not worth the money for what he does), etc. when their play for the Blueshirts doesn't warrant the cash that they make. Who knows...maybe Gaborik gets his swag back, but he seems like he's lost out there. I do feel bad for the guy in one regard in that he was trying to make a smart play by clearing the puck to the corner last night. Obviously it didn't work out, but that just compounded a lot of previous frustrations the Rangers faithful had with him and now I really don't know if there is any way he can get back into the good graces....outside of Toronto or Montreal, NYC is ridiculously hard to play in

Gabbys been trash all year hes clearly carrying some sort of naggin injury... how quickly u forget him vying for the points title pretty much all of last year tho

Gabbys been trash all year hes clearly carrying some sort of naggin injury... how quickly u forget him vying for the points title pretty much all of last year tho

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

I was talking soley about this year....

plus he's not the only player in the NHL to have to play through nagging injuries....

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

I was talking soley about this year....

plus he's not the only player in the NHL to have to play through nagging injuries....

terrible
30t6p3b.gif

thomas with another sieve move. bad goal...but he hasnt had much help. we're not skating at all. that damn little fink desharnais (sp) is killing us

terrible
30t6p3b.gif

thomas with another sieve move. bad goal...but he hasnt had much help. we're not skating at all. that damn little fink desharnais (sp) is killing us

Back
Top Bottom