OFFICIAL Boston Celtics 2010-2011 Season Thread vol. See you in 2018!

game one had me trembling. that bad pass by rondo was
frown.gif
. final 35secs was amazing, it was
pimp.gif
when ray hit that 3..

Good to be up 2-0, but not feeling comfortable knowing they were without 2 starters. That said, the sooner this series ends the better. We're probably playing Miami in the 2nd round so any rest helps tremendously. I think we'd all prefer a sweep but it really doesn't do any good with the Sixers virtually laying down for practice for the Heat.

Good to be up 2-0, but not feeling comfortable knowing they were without 2 starters. That said, the sooner this series ends the better. We're probably playing Miami in the 2nd round so any rest helps tremendously. I think we'd all prefer a sweep but it really doesn't do any good with the Sixers virtually laying down for practice for the Heat.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I'll continue to find the silver lining and say this.

They can enjoy coasting through the Sixers because they already know they'll have to shift gears with us. We didn't go 3-1 against them regular season because they just weren't ready. They have "superstars" those guys should always be ready, at least ONE of them per game.

I still like us in 6 vs. Miami, and I think now we're gonna sweep NYK.

They can enjoy coasting through the Sixers because they already know they'll have to shift gears with us. We didn't go 3-1 against them regular season because they just weren't ready. They have "superstars" those guys should always be ready, at least ONE of them per game.

Originally Posted by doyung9

If you think the way the Celtics are playing...gonna beat Miami?........
roll.gif

I'm seriously gonna start thinking about betting money with a lot of NT cats.

The way Boston is playing they have no chance aganist Miami.  Blame Ainge for that.

roll.gif

The way Boston is playing they have no chance aganist Miami.  Blame Ainge for that.

Air Freshh - leave them its their thread let them predict whatever they want .. when the time comes we will see who comes to play ..
thats if you get pass the knicks ..
I wouldn't feel comfy being up 2-0 against them right now to be honest for goodness sakes they didn't have amare or billups today ..

Air Freshh - leave them its their thread let them predict whatever they want .. when the time comes we will see who comes to play ..
thats if you get pass the knicks ..
I wouldn't feel comfy being up 2-0 against them right now to be honest for goodness sakes they didn't have amare or billups today ..

not thrilled about the fact that we needed 48 minutes to take care of a Amare and Billup-less Knicks, let's also remember that our 2008 path to the Finals is hardly going down in the history books as an example of dominance. Remember, it took 7 games against the Hawks, 7 against the Cavs (including a 20 point loss), 6 against the Pistons (including a 20 point loss) and 6 more against the Lakers.

However, with the way some people critique this team for only narrowly winning the first two games and not "flipping on the switch," you'd think that our '08 squad swept it's way to a banner with 20 point wins all the way.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't criticize. We should. This team has many areas to improve. But let's also be realistic. Even great teams don't blow out everyone and even great teams lose to good teams now and again.

not thrilled about the fact that we needed 48 minutes to take care of a Amare and Billup-less Knicks, let's also remember that our 2008 path to the Finals is hardly going down in the history books as an example of dominance. Remember, it took 7 games against the Hawks, 7 against the Cavs (including a 20 point loss), 6 against the Pistons (including a 20 point loss) and 6 more against the Lakers.

However, with the way some people critique this team for only narrowly winning the first two games and not "flipping on the switch," you'd think that our '08 squad swept it's way to a banner with 20 point wins all the way.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't criticize. We should. This team has many areas to improve. But let's also be realistic. Even great teams don't blow out everyone and even great teams lose to good teams now and again.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

roll.gif

Miami looks dominant because they are playing the 76ers who: (a) play no defense (b) are young (c) do not have veritable scorer.

Let's see how they match up against a little more competitive team before you crown them champs.

roll.gif

Miami looks dominant because they are playing the 76ers who: (a) play no defense (b) are young (c) do not have veritable scorer.

Let's see how they match up against a little more competitive team before you crown them champs.

Originally Posted by True Blues

roll.gif

Quit pulling claims out of your %!#. The Sixers are one of the best perimeter defending teams in the league and all star SG/SFs in the league have struggled against them. They hold their opponents to the 9th lowest field goal percentage in the league.

roll.gif

Quit pulling claims out of your %!#. The Sixers are one of the best perimeter defending teams in the league and all star SG/SFs in the league have struggled against them. They hold their opponents to the 9th lowest field goal percentage in the league.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

roll.gif

This.

roll.gif

This.

This.

But you don't deny that they are young and cannot score?

This.

But you don't deny that they are young and cannot score?

So we pulled the broom out on New York... now to wait for Miami.

Oh yeah, I called the sweep after 2 games.

So we pulled the broom out on New York... now to wait for Miami.

Oh yeah, I called the sweep after 2 games.

Back
Top Bottom