***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

To your initial comment about the role he's playing..well yes it does change things. B/c Kevin Hart is playing a hard working black business owner.

The poster is distasteful. I agree. But in regards to the actual film here, the misconception is part of the comedy.
i rather be the owner of my own movie studios than be a super duper highly paid actor who has no power.. thats the biggest issue.. we chase moeny so much that we dont want true power.

Businessman James King (Will Ferrell), is wrongly convicted of tax evasion. He hires his black friend Darnell Lewis (Kevin Hart) so he can learn how to survive his upcoming 10 year prison sentence.
Maybe I'm not being clear. 

The PLOT in general is ridiculous. 

Regardless of how you slice it....it's a black man preparing a white man for prison. Period.

Maybe I'm not being clear. 

The PLOT in general is ridiculous. 

Regardless of how you slice it....it's a black man preparing a white man for prison. Period.

Lazy and disrespectful plot summary. I see where you're coming from if that is what you've read. But from what I know and read...here's the full plot summary:

When millionaire hedge fund manager James (Will Ferrell) is nailed for fraud and bound for a stretch in San Quentin, the judge gives him 30 days to get his affairs in order. Desperate, he turns to Darnell (Kevin Hart) to prep him for a life behind bars. But despite James’ one-percenter assumptions, Darnell is a hard-working small business owner who has never received a parking ticket, let alone been to prison. Together, the two men do whatever it takes for James to “get hard” and, in the process, discover how wrong they were about a lot of things – including each other.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/get-hard-2015#/slide/1

That new movie Kevin Hart is in with Will Ferrell tells me everything I need to know about him. The fact he's playing a role like that given his place in Hollywood is appalling. White guy goes to jail and has the stereotypical black street dude prep him for it. You're making this type of film in 2015? Really?

And don't give me the "he's getting paid" speech. This whole generation is infatuated with money so much that integrity doesn't mean **** anymore. Anything for a check.

i was so disgusted when i seen that **** man, and TI in it playing some OG killer. F OH

i was so disgusted when i seen that **** man, and TI in it playing some OG killer. F OH
I caught the trailer in the theater and NOBODY laughed. You could have heard a pin drop. Multiple people were just shaking their heads in disgust. Even the white folks in the theater were disgusted.

I caught the trailer in the theater and NOBODY laughed. You could have heard a pin drop. Multiple people were just shaking their heads in disgust. Even the white folks in the theater were disgusted.
what was the name of the movie of the trailer

same here lol.....think it made all races cringe

the JLo movie trailer had everybody rolling though 
laugh.gif

That new movie Kevin Hart is in with Will Ferrell tells me everything I need to know about him. The fact he's playing a role like that given his place in Hollywood is appalling. White guy goes to jail and has the stereotypical black street dude prep him for it. You're making this type of film in 2015? Really?

And don't give me the "he's getting paid" speech. This whole generation is infatuated with money so much that integrity doesn't mean **** anymore. Anything for a check.

money > fame > women > everything else

this is basically 90% of black entertainers hierarchy of importance...integrity is not even in the picture...they (blacks) will never have the power unless its started from grass roots...and no one is willing to sacrifice their bread to start such a revolution...

so its status quo.... :smh:

the kicker in all of this is older comedians coming back to let themselves be exploited to make money...like Chris Rock in Top 5...

one of the few movies i've walked out of...how the hell anyone enjoyed that movie is crazy to me...

the same black jokes...the same stupid stereotypical dialogue....like seriously do all blacks when they get together talk about jordan as the best ever? jayz vs nas? it was so corny...

and lets not even talk about the homosexual part of the whole movie...once that stuff started turning gay...i walked out....everyone still in there laughing :smh:

yea that gay part was soooooooooo unnecessary.......like that was just too much
sick.gif

You doing all that **** to the guy and you don't think he's gay 
indifferent.gif
 no way a chick out here is that god damn stupid 

Top 5 had it's funny moments but overall...It just had a very weak plot and definitely had one too many corny moments. They putting gay **** in everything now. That's expected.

yea that gay part was soooooooooo unnecessary.......like that was just too much:x

You doing all that **** to the guy and you don't think he's gay :stoneface:  no way a chick out here is that god damn stupid 

Way too much, Top 5 was trash as hell. Chris Rock can't make a funny movie to save his life

That trailer was pure garbage. He's a clown for signing on to that.

And seriously, enough with the short jokes. We get it, Kevin is like 5'3, everybody knows that now , there doesn't need to be 10 short jokes in EVERY movie he's in.

I don't know how that changes anything.

They managed to pack in every negative black stereotype in a 5 minute trailer.

Hell look at the movie poster. He's cornrowing Will's hair.

Its 2015...are you serious?
i thought this was a lil ridiculous for Will too . its basically malibu's most wanted with a more expensive cast . lol the more you think about it , the more you have to laugh at the fact that its even being made ...

I think what people here want to see are intelligent black comedies made by and starring black people. It may still be awhile until that becomes the norm. Something along the lines of Burn After Reading, or Wonder Boys. I guess we want to see more movies like the The Brothers, The Best Man/Holiday. Even Two Can Play That Game was fun to watch. I'm still waiting on a Denzel Washington/Will Smith movie..

i miss the 90s/early 00s black movies :frown:

If you mean like the wood, the brothers, 2 can play that game, baby boy, and the best man...then yeah I'm with you.

But there was a lot of trash like the cookout, soul plane, baps etc etc. I did like the Wash though [emoji]128526[/emoji].

Late 90's and early 2000's were a good time for Black film. We don't have that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom