***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Like steve mcqueen.. Hes made some amazing movies before 12 years a slave. 

Why cant he just bring that genius of hunger and shame to an all black cast.. Him being from the UK might be the reason, but  spike and john singleton are getting old. Who are some young black producers and directors you guys know about that produce some good indie content? I want to check some stuff out

i miss the 90s/early 00s black movies :frown:

If you mean like the wood, the brothers, 2 can play that game, baby boy, and the best man...then yeah I'm with you.

But there was a lot of trash like the cookout, soul plane, baps etc etc. I did like the Wash though [emoji]128526[/emoji].

Late 90's and early 2000's were a good time for Black film. We don't have that anymore.
Hol up hol up hol up
Don't u DARE say anything derogatory about baps
Damn near a classic

If you mean like the wood, the brothers, 2 can play that game, baby boy, and the best man...then yeah I'm with you.

But there was a lot of trash like the cookout, soul plane, baps etc etc. I did like the Wash though [emoji]128526[/emoji].

Late 90's and early 2000's were a good time for Black film. We don't have that anymore.

I was thinking a few weeks ago how diverse black film was back then. Hopefully we see it again. For a while all we got were repetitive men in skirt directed movies two times a year.

Shawty look like a alien now, JESUS CHRIST :x :smh:

She looks better than she did before. Looks like she got her nose and chin chopped

Top 5 had it's funny moments but overall...It just had a very weak plot and definitely had one too many corny moments. They putting gay **** in everything now. That's expected.

All planned and carried out.

i rather be the owner of my own movie studios than be a super duper highly paid actor who has no power.. thats the biggest issue.. we chase moeny so much that we dont want true power.

There is no owner of a studio. They get fired, voted out and have people to answer to. It's a system set up, not one person.

yep.. Jay Z Puffy and Dr Dre could create their own major distrubuter.. but they wont.. why because if they talk about doing that.. they will get 20% raises to stop them from permanently empowering them selves..

Some of you treat Oprah, Jay-Z and Puff like they're God. They're supposed to walk on water and save black people. Be this magical negro.

The purpose of business isn't to use your own money.

And who's to say we would support it.

Last edited:
I loved Top Five, reminded me of some of the older black movies. Thought it was funny but it was more than just jokes. The gay **** doesn't bother me, there's plenty of men out here doing **** like that while they gotta girl.

Kevin Hart been making terrible movies for a few years now. Get Hard looks A W F U L.

Yeah, I liked Top Five. It wasn't your typical movie. I'm tired of seeing the standard relationship movie.

Watching Bam Bam interview. Bring Mr. Wonderful 
smokin.gif

CB4 was funny to me.. The TV edited version was even more funny.. Futher Mucker.. Micky Flicky..priceless.. and it was like some random sound saying it too..

The Wood was okay to me.. not bad not good but 2 can play that game i remember that one..i liked that movie.. and i liked the one movie BIll Bellany was in and he was running game on all the chicks..

CB4 was funny to me.. The TV edited version was even more funny.. Futher Mucker.. Micky Flicky..priceless.. and it was like some random sound saying it too..
The Wood was okay to me.. not bad not good but 2 can play that game i remember that one..i liked that movie.. and i liked the one movie BIll Bellany was in and he was running game on all the chicks..
U talking about how to be a player
Always watch it when it comes on
How ain't nobody mention class act and house party 1 and 2

I agree a lil with what u guys are saying but
Yall don't think a person who is rich and successful because of the people who pay to see said entertainer
Who use their hard earned dollars to make this person successful
Who without these supporters wouldn't be rich and successful
Doesn't have to at least acknowledge and try to uplift or give back
U would think that anybody with a heart and decency would want to help if they've become successful but I've come to understand that's not realistic. Some people get it and some don't. some are more concerned with money and how their perceived. sad but true. My point is even if you aren't some social activist at least when your asked about an issue give a somewhat insightful answer. 

I agree a lil with what u guys are saying but

Yall don't think a person who is rich and successful because of the people who pay to see said entertainer

Who use their hard earned dollars to make this person successful

Who without these supporters wouldn't be rich and successful

Doesn't have to at least acknowledge and try to uplift or give back
U would think that anybody with a heart and decency would want to help if they've become successful but I've come to understand that's not realistic. Some people get it and some don't. some are more concerned with money and how their perceived. sad but true. My point is even if you aren't some social activist at least when your asked about an issue give a somewhat insightful answer. 
Agree with u my man

U talking about how to be a player
Always watch it when it comes on
How ain't nobody mention class act and house party 1 and 2

Life lessons were learned from how to be a player lol.

We were referring to late 90's early 00's Black films...that's why those classics were omitted.

Back
Top Bottom