***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

U dont like future, so we can't trust your opinion on atl music

Not with today's social media game. That's a life vest for dude's today.

Big time life vest. Social media has kept a lot of dudes around longer than they should've.

Some dudes now, woulda been off the radar 10 years ago if the couldn't produce a follow up single :lol:

Plies is the prime example of social media reviving a career. Dude couldn't do shows outside his city until that ran off on the plug ****. Couldn't get a feature from half these relevant dudes in the game.

Not with today's social media game. That's a life vest for dude's today.

Big time life vest. Social media has kept a lot of dudes around longer than they should've.

Some dudes now, woulda been off the radar 10 years ago if the couldn't produce a follow up single :lol:

Yep :lol: and just think about the dudes years ago who could probably be flourishing now. Jibbs, J-Kwon, pretty much that whole wave of dudes from Dallas(?) around 2009. Hell, Fabo from D4L could be the man right now :lol:

Last edited:
Soulja Boy is a visionary.

He mastered the art of going viral and marketing online way before anyone else.

He was the first popping on MySpace/YouTube and was early on Twitter.

Only problem is he's just not good at making music.

If you have somebody with Soulja Boy's marketing/business mind with actual talent then you have a superstar.

I don't think he mastered anything.

He fell in to it. If he were able to do it, he wouldn't be seen as a one hit wonder. He was just making songs for myspace as were hundreds of others, because of technology. I remember some others getting deals from myspace, but not having sustainable careers.

What has Soulja Boy done the past ten years besides embarrass himself?

Lil B has done a better job of marketing himself than Soulja Boy.

I don't think he mastered anything.

He fell in to it. If he were able to do it, he wouldn't be seen as a one hit wonder. He was just making songs for myspace as were hundreds of others, because of technology. I remember some others getting deals from myspace, but not having sustainable careers.

Soulja Boy is far from a "one hit wonder"

View media item 2152990
View media item 2152991

Definitley a clown though. But he had a good 3 year run....and has been able to keep himself semi relevant publicly. He produces too.

But the ****** is a true clown. I agree.

I disagree with that. He had a hit single and some other singles that charted, with none reaching close to the heights of his first single

I disagree with that. He had a hit single and some other singles that charted, with none reaching close to the heights of his first single

Kiss me thru the phone....and "turn my swag on" we're HUGE.

Hell, BEYONCÉ just interpolated "Turn my swag on" on her new album on "Hold Up". That's the #13 song in the country. Soulja Boy got writing credits for that :lol:

Not to mention...."She got a donk"....is a classic twerk song, and B grade "Back that ***" up :lol:.

Soulja is appreciated and I will take him over 90% of these new age ATL n_s

For what it's worth all his hits sound different something I can't say about these new _s

Soulja Boy had like 5-6 songs that were everywhere. As much as he sucks, he's definitely not in the one hit wonder category. Lil' B was forced to turn his official album into a "free album" cause even his fans(???) were embarrassed at the thought of buying his stuff.

His first song was number one for several weeks. He only had one other top 5 song. A number one song is a hit.

His first album sold because of his first single and it was down hill after that.

Sure Donk and Turn On My Swag got played, but they weren't hits. Record labels force radio stations to play songs, especially one they want a return on their investment on.

Soulja boy seems like a jealous type dude the type to help u then start acting funny when u start getting big I'm sure dude got some bread tucked but I feel He could have been bigger and possibly crossed over into movies something similiar to bow wow

Yea soulja out the one hit wonder category. Son just happened to have his first song be one of those songs that's gonna be around for the rest of our lives. Besides the swagger jacking son had a way better career than most dudes who come out the gate with one of those singles. He made alot of good business moves also. Alot of dumb **** in that period too.

I wouldn't say he mastered it but you definitely selling bro short

And it wasn't just Myspace either but the combination of both Myspace and Youtube. He saw the trend of people making personal in home videos to their favorite songs and just catered his music and marketing towards that. Every song he dropped would have a dance accompanying it and he would make a instructional video showing his fans how to do the dance so they could in turn all go out and make youtube videos doing it. Some of the better fan videos he would post on his page. Youtube was flooded with videos of people dancing to his songs and he was 16-17 doing this bro 
laugh.gif

Crank That actually went viral indirectly because of him. The 3 dudes with the strap did their own lil version of the dance based on his instructional vid and that **** just took off. I think Youtube actually had it on their frontpage for a min due to the number of hits it was getting. A real organic viral video. That **** wouldn't have happened without the stuff he had put in place.

You know how many hood dance songs popped up because of this _? 

This is Rae Sremm in 09, they actually had a lil wave too
roll.gif

His first song was number one for several weeks. He only had one other top 5 song. A number one song is a hit.

His first album sold because of his first single and it was down hill after that.

Sure Donk and Turn On My Swag got played, but they weren't hits. Record labels force radio stations to play songs, especially one they want a return on their investment on.

This is false. A hit is a song that charts well and you can't go anywhere without hearing it, which is basically every Soulja Boy song except Birdwalk and Donk. I never heard Birdwalk and Donk outside of watching twerk videos.

I can tell you as someone who was young in the South, Soulja had a legit movement with kids and social media in 05-07.

Crank That and all the songs on his album were out years and months before Crank That popped, including Crank That itself.

Back
Top Bottom