***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Funny to think about Malcolm now.

He definitely wouldn't have survived the social media era with his history, age of information is a double edged sword.

Man Tariq learned from Francis Cress Welsing. He know his ****. What is "educated" anyway? It's a lot of college educated people that don't know ****.

Part of me would HATE to have Malcolm X in his prime during this day and age, the slander he would receive today :smh:

(and no I'm not comparing the two)

No BS. :smh:

"He's a former pimp he's robbing the community"

"He went to prison, he makes us look bad"

Brother Malcolm was simply a brilliant mind I don't think anything could have taken from that.

Goofies like Tariq are not even in the same stratosphere so let's not even go there lol

Like it or not credible research occurs at these institutions. Done it myself & seen scholars who look just like me do the same. Are the institutions the end all be all? Hell nah. I just can't get down with Tariq period, Umar for if he's out here faking the funk & finessing the cash for his initiatives.

Not taking anything away from Umar, and I only say this in the spirit of furthering the discussion, but if the PhD was as meaningless as some are making it out to be, it should raise a red flag that he continues to rely on making the claim that he's accomplished such. If you can see how someone affixing the title of Doctor to their name would be perceived as having amassed a wealth of knowledge, then it should also stand to reason that a person could benefit from that perception as it relates to gaining a support system. The fact that it hasn't been revealed where the man received his education, whether you care for the standard that is currently in place, should raise an eyebrow if he is going to resort to mentioning how educated he is during his talks.

as an alternative to the "teachers" in the fast track to the penitentiary known as the public school system who are all telling "the truth" about their education? no i don't. I don't see anyone looking to verify their backgrounds either.

polight said it best 

17.00 mark 

at this point i'm raising my eyebrows at the one who goes unslandered, because of the pattern I've seen over time of every one who attempts to provide real solutions.

man comes out and says: black america, the public school system is failing your children, homosexuality may be something more than what you're being told, we need our own schools, help me 

result: where's his credentials, he slept with a stripper, he might be stealing money.

meanwhile, all these other millionaires in the entertainment industry that we give our attention aint trying to do any of that. we not fact checking and looking into the backgrounds of any of these other educators we send our children to.

I've seen this script before. umar might be a scumbag, but how many of people reaching to call him one are actively working towards trying to do what he was trying to do?

Did Brother Polight tattoo his face?! :stoneface:

Talk is cheap my friend. Umar is all talk. Action is what is required from leaders and what makes them worthy of being followed. Leading by example and from the front lines. Tariq has taken action for the community whether you agree with it or not. Dr. Boyce Watkins has also taken action for the community. Umar has only ran his mouth and taken our money.

There are black brothers and sisters out there that have opened up schools for our children. There are dozens of charter schools, private schools, etc catered to black education. These are no name people that are out here doing the work, raising the funds and putting them to use. Now I know first hand not all of them are good and some are too militant in my opinion but they are out here doing it. Umar still hasn't opened his school with $500k in raised funds. He's not the one we need to be listening to. The people that have done more with less are the examples worthy of following.

This is a good convo to have. It is evident the thirst for leadership is so strong in our community that we are willing to accept almost anything at this point. We can't settle though. There are good people out there doing positive things and not just cheap talk.

Last edited:
U know what, the way I'm starting to see Umar, he's the mouthpiece for what needs to be done, his purpose in the grander scheme of things is to speak on what needs to be done, now it's up to those to take that and actually do it. I held out hope that bruh would actually follow through but it's been too long and the school isn't even anywhere in the process.

I'll be back after the Beans interview though :lol:

Say what you all want about ctg, dude definitely stuck to his message and called Beans on the stuff he's been saying throughout all of this. Ever since the Fredro joint, it's been commonplace to just say dude is ***** made, but he sits there next to these dudes who he speaks his opinion on and never seems like he's phased by them being upset about it. The rappers get riled up but don't pop off. Never made sense to me why Ctg gets the bad rep from that.

Last edited:
ctg got beans all in his feelings just like he got fredo all in his.

i like how whenever these dudes get riled up, ctg just stares at them until they calm down

That "you not qualified" talk is bs imo.

Beans flat out said he was trying to get Meek to do the concert so that he could come up on the 15 bands, that Meek was dodging and that in turn messed up his business, and that he wanted to get close to Meek so he could get him to do the show. When he got next to Meek, he started this it's always sunny in Philadelphia comradery. Beans did that. Beans said that. You can't be mad when "the radio guy" asks about it.

It's a shame what time is doing to some of our legends. :lol:

Beans flat out said he was trying to get Meek to do the concert so that he could come up on the 15 bands, that Meek was dodging and that in turn messed up his business, and that he wanted to get close to Meek so he could get him to do the show. When he got next to Meek, he started this it's always sunny in Philadelphia comradery. Beans did that. Beans said that. You can't be mad when "the radio guy" asks about it.

That's a stone cold fact....

I used to cross reference with magazines back in the day (because I LOVE hip hop journalism ) but they would brush it off as the "editor misquoting them"...

Now with podcasts and video of the podcast...

There ain't no future in frontin'

It's funny because people are only going by the information coming from HIS mouth, yet he's acting like people are making this **** up :lol:

This dude looks extra funny.

Say what you all want about ctg, dude definitely stuck to his message and called Beans on the stuff he's been saying throughout all of this. Ever since the Fredro joint, it's been commonplace to just say dude is ***** made, but he sits there next to these dudes who he speaks his opinion on and never seems like he's phased by them being upset about it. The rappers get riled up but don't pop off. Never made sense to me why Ctg gets the bad rep from that.

they are on a televised radio interview is someone going to hit him on camera?

not to mention most of these dudes are 5'3

i like ctg tho he's needed to check some of the fronting these dudes be doing

Beans sounding real hurt out here

If you're not going to swing on a dude who you feel is disrespecting you, why create the spectacle? It's corny to see dudes go up there, bang on tables, call someone out their name with raised voices. Beans been out here talking that "I'm a man" stuff. It would be more appropriate if he kept a cool head. Raising up like he was about to leave only to sit back down, realizing you need this interview far more than Envy and Ctg. :lol:

C'mon Mack. ****** used to look up to you.

"I guess I should be out right?"
"Yeah... I guess"

:rofl:

Last edited:
Beans out here doin too much smh.

I bet you Charlamagne can scrap.

Son is from south carolina. He can probably scrap.

Beans is using his name and his reckless past reputation to try and intimidate people.

Son is looking like a sour old man. Let Meek live

If you're not going to swing on a dude who you feel is disrespecting you, why create the spectacle? It's corny to see dudes go up there, bang on tables, call someone out their name with raised voices. Beans been out here talking that "I'm a man" stuff. It would be more appropriate if he kept a cool head.

I'm not vouching for all the tough guy antics that **** is corny, im just saying even if you really wanna put hands on dude, you can't win, you beat him up and get sued?

I agree the better play is to not feed into it at all.

CTG knows what he's doing tho he knows it's win win for him, more ratings more attention and if you do flip and put hands on him, a check.

Where did all this "Charlamagne will get a check" talk originate?

I must've missed when he came off as a ***** who can't fight....

Back
Top Bottom