***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

I guess I'm the only one that thought Charlamagne came off vindictive in that interview. From reiterating the same talking points over and over (you were just in the studio with meek, philly rappers can't be trusted), to even bringing up random **** in the convo, like when Beans is talking about clothing lines and Chalamagne mentions an interview where he said you can hide packs in the pockets.

It came off corny to me, don't come into the interview with an agenda to make your guest look a certain way. He's clearly still mad because Beans dissed him on Tax Season.

And that's not saying Beans didn't mess up by involving himself in all this in the first place, but Charlemagne is mad.

I'm 6' 2....

Short cats always day dreaming... Don't let one person out of a million gas yo' head....

If that's the case there'd be 5'4 bouncers at clubs 100% of the time...

Weight, strength, hands/fight training > height. 6'2" doesn't mean **** if you're 160lbs soaking wet with no hands., some dudes get that twisted and thus end up getting slumped

All those things being equal tho, yeah of course the bigger dude got the advantage.

CTG was simply askin Beans the questions everybody else is wondering ....if Meek so weak etc. then why jump thru hoops to get those 15 racks, then help write a diss track about someone you supposedly cool with/ respect ....just don't add up, can't get mad at CTG for wanting answer to those questions.

CTG was simply askin Beans the questions everybody else is wondering ....if Meek so weak etc. then why jump thru hoops to get those 15 racks, then help write a diss track about someone you supposedly cool with/ respect ....just don't add up, can't get mad at CTG for wanting answer to those questions.
I think you just answered those questions ...he did it all that to try and get those 15 racks it's simple logic he's broke and was willing to do whatever to get that bread

I guess I'm the only one that thought Charlamagne came off vindictive in that interview. From reiterating the same talking points over and over (you were just in the studio with meek, philly rappers can't be trusted), to even bringing up random **** in the convo, like when Beans is talking about clothing lines and Chalamagne mentions an interview where he said you can hide packs in the pockets.

It came off corny to me, don't come into the interview with an agenda to make your guest look a certain way. He's clearly still mad because Beans dissed him on Tax Season.

If anything it came off sincere, because he's been clowning Meek for a year and even he's seen through the BS.

I'm 6' 2....

Short cats always day dreaming... Don't let one person out of a million gas yo' head....

If that's the case there'd be 5'4 bouncers at clubs 100% of the time...

:lol:

the clap at the end was golden . beans played himself again . he should just stop talking and put out music , not diss records , music .

when he got up actin like he was gone leave and sat back down i said yeah he doing this to himself . there were questions he couldn't even answer so he had to play it off with a "you can't ask me that" or "shut up"

I think you just answered those questions ...he did it all that to try and get those 15 racks it's simple logic he's broke and was willing to do whatever to get that bread

He was definitely trying to get paid, that's established.

But he claims he went to the studio cause he heard Omelly was there and he helped them out. And had no idea they were writing a diss track prior to heading up there. And didn't hear Game's diss before that. He was kicking it with them to be down with the crew so he could eventually get that check for the show and it went left. Dumb decision, but I don't know if that necessarily makes him a snake, it just makes him a dude that was focused on getting a check over everything.

And as far as dissing Meek, if Omelly and them never call him a rat and snuff him, then he never runs out and calls Meek a fraud. It's action and reaction, what's so hard to understand about that? It doesn't add up that Meek and them slandered him so he went out and did the same to them? It all seems pretty simple to me

If anything it came off sincere, because he's been clowning Meek for a year and even he's seen through the BS.
:lol:

I don't think it's him seeing through the bs, I think it's him being bitter Beans talked down on him so now he's controlling the narrative to make sure Beans comes off looking like a sucker

Last edited:
In his defense it's not like these dudes are best friends he's been pictured with him once. and for the last time stances change.

Beans interview was good and nowhere did it come off as if he was trying to bully Charlamagne, both of them said what they felt and that was it. The most out of line thing he said was calling Charlamagne a *****.. if he really feels like that then so be it, clearly it didn't effect charlamagne much

Yeah but still if Drake is all this why are you smiling dudes face?

He kept tryna call out Beans for being a hypocrite but CTG got **** about him too. The Drake situation, At one point he didn't care if people talk about the dark **** on his face now he's doing some skin magic to get rid of it. His man Shultz is a blatant sucka and SWS and CTG laughs and giggles with him. I like CTG, I think he's funny but he the wrong person to be calling somebody out.

Yep. Like I said, all this started over 15 bands. That's bread when you're not eating the way you used to be. Pride won't let Mack admit it.

But we're not qualified to speak that truth. 

Yep. Like I said, all this started over 15 bands. That's bread when you're not eating the way you used to be. Pride won't let Mack admit it.

But we're not qualified to speak that truth. 
i was like if he say qualified one more time 

Sup folks.

First off, nobody knows or can confirm where Umar Johnson went to school to get his PhD. No publications out there. No dissertation. Nothing. So once I found out he most likely is lying about his background, what else is he lying about?

Second and most important is this whole fundraising he did for his school. He had raised around $250k for his school when the accounts were frozen due to allegations of fraud. A former supporter of Umar Johnson that we all respect, Dr. Boyce Watkins, who even donated money to the school has come out against Umar Johnson. Dr. Chantell Beaty, another black scholar, has made a video with numerous things about Umar Johnson.

It's the intellectual black community that have exposed him. People with confirmed degrees and credibility. People that know the PhD means integrity is of the utmost importance.

Umar Johnson is only out for Umar Johnson. He's a great orator. Excellent motivator. As far as his work in the community though, don't hold your breath expecting anything from him.

Also, as far as his claim to be a descendant of Frederick Douglass, also unsubstantiated.

The first 5 mins of this interview he talks about where he obtained his degrees. Not sure if anyone else has done a an investigation into to see if he is telling the truth or not.

When buddy around here preaching about concepts of psychology & diagnosing this and that then yea as the women say we gun need some receipts. I remember looking into dude when I first found out about him & I thought the dissertation had been found by someone on the web from some small school in SC. Didn't care enough to look all the way into it though

roll.gif

if being a snake isn't brown nosing someone who you don't have a favorable opinion of in hopes of getting a paycheck out it...then what is?

#1 brown-nosing and trying to establish a working relationship aren't the same thing but aight

#2 Again he's only slandering Meek now because Meek and his crew were out here slandering him + knocked him out in front of his family, action and reaction. Of course now that that happened he's gonna speak on the worst aspects of Meek's personality, that's human nature almost. Doesn't mean he never had respect for him initially.

There's hella people in the music industry and in day to day life that get money with people but might not necessarily agree with all aspects of their personality. But if you got enough respect for them to coexist in the same spot, be cordial for the time being and get the job done, well then get your money and then go your own way. It happens in real life every single day in all fields, regardless of who has what status.

I mean how many people in business or personal relationships have falling outs and then start talking **** about the worst characteristics of each other? It's definitely not taking the high road, but if that's defined as "snake" behavior well then the world is full of snakes because it happens everyday bruh

The first 5 mins of this interview he talks about where he obtained his degrees. Not sure if anyone else has done a an investigation into to see if he is telling the truth or not.
not to derail this , but why is it that any time any black man says anything remotely positive about black people but doesn't agree with everything society says we're supposed to agree with , he gets picked apart 

but we get fed undercover nonsense from people that have no sort of good intentions towards us at all , and we just accept whatever we hear 

CTG definitely picks his battles. He was legit scared of P, TIP, Gucci, etc.

Wtbs, that tough guy act towards him that these rappers do is pretty damn lame.
CTG is not someone I would want to compare myself too :lol:

Cats look too deep into sometimes, he talks Shinto the people that he feels comfortable doing it too. Simple as that. Other dudes he thinks twice. Also y'all gotta understand how important the breakfast club is noawadays these rappers can't just **** up that like that
Exactly. What makes y'all think CTG so solid? Not saying he's a sucka either, but how y'all can't see how he picks his battles? Of course he gon talk back to them and keep asking questions. He is a man, he should. Is he supposed to run out the room or something? He knows ain't nobody gon do nothing to him up there on live radio/tv

I don't think that a community asking for answers constitutes as picking Umar apart. His platform is built on rhetoric propped up by the claims he's made about his participation in academia. By him clarifying what schools he's able to silence any naysayers. But curtailing around it, as has happened previously until I saw that recent video, can cause doubt.

Again, there's nothing wrong with wanting to believe a message. But when there are potential discrepancies that present themselves, the prudent thing to do is to ask questions and expect honest answers. If we don't hold the leaders of our community to that higher standard, how can we expect to get traction when going against the opposition?

Last edited:
Others said that he always stands his ground...he doesn't if he's picking and choosing certain ones. That was the point
thats called picking and choosing his battles....he know who to try and who not to....if anything he is doing the viewers a favor by exposing the cats who are all talk...i guess real recognize real applies to ctg

So Umar Johnson went to Millersville U and Lehigh U. Okay, I see you.

Black Thought also went there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom