*****OFFICIAL CAM'RON - CRIME PAYS THREAD MAY 12TH*****

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Put everything in perspective...

Promo budget and production costs asided, this album couldn't have cost more than $20,000 to make (especially considering he recorded the whole thing in his own studio). Cam could sell 50,000 and would still cake off of this.

My only complaint is I think he missed his last chance at being relevant. This man had all the stars lined up for him to succeed with this album (long hiatus, Dip Set break up/internal beef publicity, classic interviews, MEAN club record). All he had to do was put out a QUALITY album and the rest of the pieces would have fell into place.

His arrogance really may have killed his career this time around.
co sign
tired.gif

Originally Posted by XTHE DIESELX

Promo budget and production costs asided, this album couldn't have cost more than $20,000 to make (especially considering he recorded the whole thing in his own studio). Cam could sell 50,000 and would still cake off of this.

My only complaint is I think he missed his last chance at being relevant. This man had all the stars lined up for him to succeed with this album (long hiatus, Dip Set break up/internal beef publicity, classic interviews, MEAN club record). All he had to do was put out a QUALITY album and the rest of the pieces would have fell into place.

co sign
tired.gif
Damn I know its serious when mv giving up
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Originally Posted by XTHE DIESELX

co sign
tired.gif
Damn I know its serious when mv giving up
tired.gif
word
laugh.gif

Never was a fan of Cam, but this album is a 4.5/5 in my book. I actually used to hate Cam and the Diplomats, I still think their music is extremely overratedby many. As for the album I didn't skip one track and the album overall reminds me of the first time I heard albums like Dah Shinin, I don't reallyknow why.

I tend to be a harsh critic of beats and I won't really listen to something with a wack beat unless the rhymes are amazing, but that doesn't reallyapply to this album. The beats are solid and like someone said earlier they are reminiscent of songs like Get Em Girls. The other songs are feel goods songs,nothing wack on this album in my opinion and if you like east coast hip-hop of any kind this is definately something that you have to give a spin to.

And Cam is a comedian, I was
laugh.gif
every once in a while.

Only put a few of the songs onto the ipod......."Let's Talk About" gets constant play
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This %@@@@ said Crime Pays reminded him of Dah Shinin'? How? It's getting to the point I hope an a cappella version of this albums(Relapse too) comesout. Just to see if something better can be made cuz the lyrics are mos def there.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

aww the good ol days
frown.gif

I remember listening to this song on repeat for an entire week when it dropped. I actually burned a CD with this being every track because my deck in the whipdidn't have a repeat button.

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

. I actually burned a CD with this being every track because my deck in the whip didn't have a repeat button.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i do stuff like this all the time. when i got my new phone i didnt know how to turn the ringer off, so used the record function in a silent room to record thesilence and set it as my ringtone.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

aww the good ol days
frown.gif

I rememebr going out one night, we bumped this so much the girl who was driving was like "I hope you don't think I'mma drive home listening to that %#**". So we went to a party the homie stole her keys we took her car and �he droped me off than left the car running with the keys in it�a few blocks from his house......KILLA!

ok lemme put this in better perspective....

if u put the

Scalpel_small.png

to the followin tracks:

never ever
eyes.gif

you know what's up
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
alien.gif

spend the night
alien.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

chaupla
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

and u got album thats better then killa season and confessions of fire, on par with purple haze and under come home with me...a good solid effort.

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

never ever
eyes.gif

you know what's up
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
alien.gif

spend the night
alien.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

chaupla
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
add Whoo Hoo and You know whats up, and i agree.

but i like spend the night tho. minus the "sure you right" part.

h

Originally Posted by Master Zik

This %@@@@ said Crime Pays reminded him of Dah Shinin'? How? It's getting to the point I hope an a cappella version of this albums(Relapse too) comes out. Just to see if something better can be made cuz the lyrics are mos def there.

I don't really know why it did, I was simply listening to it and I thought of the Dah Shinin. I don't get why so many people think these beats arewack, I mean their could be better beats for some, but it wasn't that bad.

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

if u put the

http://upload.wikimedia.o...s/a/aa/Scalpel_small.png src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Scalpel_small.png">

to the followin tracks:

never ever
eyes.gif

you know what's up
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
alien.gif

spend the night
alien.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

chaupla
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

and u got album thats better then killa season and confessions of fire, on par with purple haze and under come home with me...a good solid effort.
Purple Haze>All other Cam's albums.
wink.gif

"I don't care how you actually feel, cause I'm actually real, for real-wrapped in steal and the roof open up like a happy meal."

I could've done without 3 or 4 tracks but I still like this album a lot.
pimp.gif
Will be copping on tuesday

purple haze is after crime pays in my itunes so i just listened to the both of them

and oh, how far this guy has fallen

when he was with the roc, he clearly had an a&r for his beats and albums and some guidance from dame

since then, it's just been over for him

in fact, i think this album is an experiment to see if a major recording artist can create an album for $10,000

he picked the worst araab beats i've ever heard in my life (chalupa? lmao)

he used this same cornball flow

it seems like he just threw the 20 songs he's made since his eye healed up and threw em on a disc

*throws on relapse*

I seriously Think he put this out to get out his contract!!!
this album isnt as bad as some people in here made it seem

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

purple haze is after crime pays in my itunes so i just listened to the both of them

and oh, how far this guy has fallen

when he was with the roc, he clearly had an a&r for his beats and albums and some guidance from dame

since then, it's just been over for him

in fact, i think this album is an experiment to see if a major recording artist can create an album for $10,000

he picked the worst araab beats i've ever heard in my life (chalupa? lmao)

he used this same cornball flow

it seems like he just threw the 20 songs he's made since his eye healed up and threw em on a disc

*throws on relapse*
i see you in all the cam threads.

Back
Top Bottom