Official Captain America: The First Avenger Thread....OUT NOW!!!

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Got back from the midnight showing right now. You have to get in total nerd mode and keep in mind the "era" this movie was made it. It had a true classic comic book movie feel in the sense that it wasn't dark or edgy.
I think people need to remember that with certain comic book movies when they complain it's kind of cheesey or hoakey.  If that's the way the comics were then that's how the feel of the movie will be.  Look at how the Spiderman movies were.  I think the dark knight spoiled it for a lot of movies and people only want dark themed heroes now.

Got back from the midnight showing right now. You have to get in total nerd mode and keep in mind the "era" this movie was made it. It had a true classic comic book movie feel in the sense that it wasn't dark or edgy.
I think people need to remember that with certain comic book movies when they complain it's kind of cheesey or hoakey.  If that's the way the comics were then that's how the feel of the movie will be.  Look at how the Spiderman movies were.  I think the dark knight spoiled it for a lot of movies and people only want dark themed heroes now.

I thoroughly enjoyed this flick in 3d. I know I'm not the only one that flinched when he bounced the shield off the tank really quickly and it came back that one time.

I thoroughly enjoyed this flick in 3d. I know I'm not the only one that flinched when he bounced the shield off the tank really quickly and it came back that one time.

Just saw it n surprisingly the theater was empty (3pm in south sd), but I thought it was awesome. Cant wait for the avengers
pimp.gif

Just saw it n surprisingly the theater was empty (3pm in south sd), but I thought it was awesome. Cant wait for the avengers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TSX24

Originally Posted by beaver21

I went to the midnight showing, I'm sorry I disagree with most, that movie was boring and the affects were lame... They could of added a short version of what happen in Cap ame for the avengers
and save them from a bad movie... It's all hype that everyone is falling for

Do you read comics or are you just a casual fan/and or movie goer? Because the movie paid a perfect tribute to the one of the hokiest but memorable era's in comic book history.

I think you will only be disappointed if you want some super cool edgy movie. Well sorry, that movie was Iron Man. This is Captain American. 
This!! I watched it with a bunch of my friends (non comic book readers) and they all thought the same thing. What they don't understand is that this is how the comics were!!! You really have to be a geek to appreciate everything they did and stayed true to the comics.

Originally Posted by TSX24

Originally Posted by beaver21

I went to the midnight showing, I'm sorry I disagree with most, that movie was boring and the affects were lame... They could of added a short version of what happen in Cap ame for the avengers
and save them from a bad movie... It's all hype that everyone is falling for

Do you read comics or are you just a casual fan/and or movie goer? Because the movie paid a perfect tribute to the one of the hokiest but memorable era's in comic book history.

I think you will only be disappointed if you want some super cool edgy movie. Well sorry, that movie was Iron Man. This is Captain American. 
This!! I watched it with a bunch of my friends (non comic book readers) and they all thought the same thing. What they don't understand is that this is how the comics were!!! You really have to be a geek to appreciate everything they did and stayed true to the comics.

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones, and Hugo Weaving all did a great job. Im not the biggest comic guy but I know enough history to appreciate this movie. The Avengers mini trailer at the end was sick! Cant wait!

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones, and Hugo Weaving all did a great job. Im not the biggest comic guy but I know enough history to appreciate this movie. The Avengers mini trailer at the end was sick! Cant wait!

Just came back from this...
It was an okay movie.
I'm not disappointed but the final battle was pretty wack.

Just came back from this...
It was an okay movie.
I'm not disappointed but the final battle was pretty wack.

I didn't like it until the end when he woke up and it's 70 years later. New Spiderman preview looks promising.

I didn't like it until the end when he woke up and it's 70 years later. New Spiderman preview looks promising.

it was a good film, not great

for the first half of the movie or whatever, it reminded me of ironman 2 in that i didnt like the pacing but once he started doing the fundraising and his show in italy, it started to settle down

im not a fan of the hokey america "!%*! yeah" theme but i understand that thats what captain america was about in the 40s (?) so it wasnt an issue, cap singing and dancing and punching hitler pretty much sums up a lot of the movie
laugh.gif

i just get this ironman 2 feeling after thinking about it which isnt really a great sign, i didnt like how there wasnt really a buildup to the climax (ala ironman 2), it was like "heres his most recent base" - "okay"

still though captain america > ironman 2

it was a good film, not great

for the first half of the movie or whatever, it reminded me of ironman 2 in that i didnt like the pacing but once he started doing the fundraising and his show in italy, it started to settle down

im not a fan of the hokey america "!%*! yeah" theme but i understand that thats what captain america was about in the 40s (?) so it wasnt an issue, cap singing and dancing and punching hitler pretty much sums up a lot of the movie
laugh.gif

i just get this ironman 2 feeling after thinking about it which isnt really a great sign, i didnt like how there wasnt really a buildup to the climax (ala ironman 2), it was like "heres his most recent base" - "okay"

still though captain america > ironman 2

Went to see the movie earlier and thought it was ok. I definitely could have waited to see it once it came on cable. 

Back
Top Bottom