Official Captain America: The First Avenger Thread....OUT NOW!!!

Just got back from a midnight showing and I haven't felt this patriotic watching a movie in so long.
laugh.gif
I started a USA chant at the credits, no one joined.
frown.gif

It was just as cheesy and '!!#! yeah America' as I expected it to be.

I agree with the poster above me who said there wasn't a defining sequence in this movie like the Spiderman 2 train scene and etc.

With that said, still a solid movie and I'm hyped as hell for the Avengers.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And the main chick
devil.gif

Just got back from a midnight showing and I haven't felt this patriotic watching a movie in so long.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

It was just as cheesy and '!!#! yeah America' as I expected it to be.

I agree with the poster above me who said there wasn't a defining sequence in this movie like the Spiderman 2 train scene and etc.

With that said, still a solid movie and I'm hyped as hell for the Avengers.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And the main chick
devil.gif

Enjoyed the movie thoroughly. Great movie? Naw, but it was just an overall fun, somewhat relatable movie.

Enjoyed the movie thoroughly. Great movie? Naw, but it was just an overall fun, somewhat relatable movie.

On a scale of horrible to excellent, I'm giving it a great.

Wasn't mediocre but definitely felt like it was jam packed with a whole lot of montage and lacked a segment that made it feel like Captain was a legitimate leader. I did think Chris what's his name pulled off Cap well and fit the American hero role. Hugo Weaving was a good villain as usual can't wait to see where he'll land next...

I kind of wish they would focus more on developing the characters before dropping The Avengers, but that's not going to happen. Still have to see Thor too.

On a scale of horrible to excellent, I'm giving it a great.

Wasn't mediocre but definitely felt like it was jam packed with a whole lot of montage and lacked a segment that made it feel like Captain was a legitimate leader. I did think Chris what's his name pulled off Cap well and fit the American hero role. Hugo Weaving was a good villain as usual can't wait to see where he'll land next...

I kind of wish they would focus more on developing the characters before dropping The Avengers, but that's not going to happen. Still have to see Thor too.

Got back from the midnight showing right now. You have to get in total nerd mode and keep in mind the "era" this movie was made it. It had a true classic comic book movie feel in the sense that it wasn't dark or edgy.

Spoiler [+]
The cheesiness totally vanished when at the end when we were forwarded to our time. It was a sweet transition.

Not taking the cake for super hero flick this summer, but it was still great.

Got back from the midnight showing right now. You have to get in total nerd mode and keep in mind the "era" this movie was made it. It had a true classic comic book movie feel in the sense that it wasn't dark or edgy.

Spoiler [+]
The cheesiness totally vanished when at the end when we were forwarded to our time. It was a sweet transition.

Not taking the cake for super hero flick this summer, but it was still great.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Spoiler [+]

This

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Spoiler [+]

This

Prob the best of the Avengers movies. Reason being, the story. They did a great job tying in Stark Industries' involvement w/ SHIELD. I love the clues this film gave that tied in to the Ironman movies.

Haven't read all the pages but I know some corny NT'er will be on here bashing the movie. NT'ers have everything.

If you are looking for a good set-up for The Avengers, this is it. You can even do so without seeing 'Thor,' which wasn't so great IMO.

Prob the best of the Avengers movies. Reason being, the story. They did a great job tying in Stark Industries' involvement w/ SHIELD. I love the clues this film gave that tied in to the Ironman movies.

Haven't read all the pages but I know some corny NT'er will be on here bashing the movie. NT'ers have everything.

If you are looking for a good set-up for The Avengers, this is it. You can even do so without seeing 'Thor,' which wasn't so great IMO.

Just came back from the midnight viewing. I have to say u have to be a comic geek to appreciate everything they did in this movie. To the average movie go-er it was probably corny and mediocre, but thats how the cap comics were so it was appreciated.
pimp.gif
They worked with what they had, Captain america isn't about flash and CGi like Thor, hulk, or ironman. I can see Chris evans leading the avengers and making a great leader. Some of the lines they had were just  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 "But, i had a date". i feel like i watched a 2 hour longer trailer to hype up the avengers and the trailer at the end was the most hyped the crowd was the entire film. lol None the less it was a 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 film

Just came back from the midnight viewing. I have to say u have to be a comic geek to appreciate everything they did in this movie. To the average movie go-er it was probably corny and mediocre, but thats how the cap comics were so it was appreciated.
pimp.gif
They worked with what they had, Captain america isn't about flash and CGi like Thor, hulk, or ironman. I can see Chris evans leading the avengers and making a great leader. Some of the lines they had were just  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 "But, i had a date". i feel like i watched a 2 hour longer trailer to hype up the avengers and the trailer at the end was the most hyped the crowd was the entire film. lol None the less it was a 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 film

Movie was
pimp.gif
but had way more potential.

Crowd that I had the pleasure of viewing it with brought out a beach ball. I lost it when this dude popped it and someone starting blowing up another one.

Can't wait for the Avengers

Movie was
pimp.gif
but had way more potential.

Crowd that I had the pleasure of viewing it with brought out a beach ball. I lost it when this dude popped it and someone starting blowing up another one.

Can't wait for the Avengers

Review time. Might be a spoiler here and there so beware.

The film was a good origin story for Steve Rogers but to me the movie kind of walks a fine line of being good and bad. The film felt a bit campy at times, which was on purpose but it kind of takes away from the seriousness of some situations. For some reason, I never felt that there was much danger either, even the stupid Parallax in GL felt more of a danger. I say it is as good as Thor if not slightly below just because Capt. America had more action.

There were a lot of one liner jokes here and there, it didn't take away from the film but I'm not sure it helped much either.

Casting, Evans was ok, could have been better. He never looked like a full blown hero, it doesn't have that same effect when you first saw Stark put on the Mark II suit and you're like "this is bad-@*%. " I never got that with Cap. He also didn't seem like the American American Cap is supposed to be.

Warning: Spoiler! [+]
HUGE spoiler, when Bucky died, Evans just didn't convincingly looked sad or hurt. Ending, where you are suppose to feel sad that Cap might die and he was saying goodbye to Peggy, he just wasn't as convincing.

It was cool to see him go through all his costumes though. From the campy and ugly tights like int he TV show to the leather jacket with the non-round shield to his regular gear we've seen. Then it gets better for the Avengers film.

Weaving was a good Red-Skull but somewhat lackluster. He didn't steal the show like Magneto, Loki and Sinestro did in their respective films. I think hearing him trying to do a German accent kind of bothered me since I kept imagining him as Mr. Smith, kind of ironic since he was also called Schmidth for practically the whole film. Anyways, he wasn't as bad-@*% of a villain but he did well.

Hayley Atwell did well and was a good eye candy w/o showing skin. He big boobs were accentuated a lot though. Good acting unlike January Jones so I can't complain. Tommy Lee Jones was good along with Stanley Tucci, they played their part well.

I didn't like how they portrayed Howard Stark, he didn't look like a genius, he looked like an idiot for the most part.

Overall, I'd rate it right there with Thor for the action sequences along with a solid but simple plot. There were some time where it felt like it dragged but it might just been because I was tired and in the midnight showing. It's better than GL but below X-Men. It's a good set-up for the Avengers film.

Speaking of the Avengers, the trailer was pretty cool. Only downside is that it was really rushed, which was done on purpose but it would have been so much better to get a better look at the characters. Loki is definitely the villain, they showed him more than once. Saw a quick glimpse of everyone including Bruce Banner (Ruffalo) taking his glasses off. Got me amped for the film next year. Too bad it's going against TDKR next year, it could have been the best comicbook film of the year with Superman being pushed back to 2013.

Review time. Might be a spoiler here and there so beware.

The film was a good origin story for Steve Rogers but to me the movie kind of walks a fine line of being good and bad. The film felt a bit campy at times, which was on purpose but it kind of takes away from the seriousness of some situations. For some reason, I never felt that there was much danger either, even the stupid Parallax in GL felt more of a danger. I say it is as good as Thor if not slightly below just because Capt. America had more action.

There were a lot of one liner jokes here and there, it didn't take away from the film but I'm not sure it helped much either.

Casting, Evans was ok, could have been better. He never looked like a full blown hero, it doesn't have that same effect when you first saw Stark put on the Mark II suit and you're like "this is bad-@*%. " I never got that with Cap. He also didn't seem like the American American Cap is supposed to be.

Warning: Spoiler! [+]
HUGE spoiler, when Bucky died, Evans just didn't convincingly looked sad or hurt. Ending, where you are suppose to feel sad that Cap might die and he was saying goodbye to Peggy, he just wasn't as convincing.

It was cool to see him go through all his costumes though. From the campy and ugly tights like int he TV show to the leather jacket with the non-round shield to his regular gear we've seen. Then it gets better for the Avengers film.

Weaving was a good Red-Skull but somewhat lackluster. He didn't steal the show like Magneto, Loki and Sinestro did in their respective films. I think hearing him trying to do a German accent kind of bothered me since I kept imagining him as Mr. Smith, kind of ironic since he was also called Schmidth for practically the whole film. Anyways, he wasn't as bad-@*% of a villain but he did well.

Hayley Atwell did well and was a good eye candy w/o showing skin. He big boobs were accentuated a lot though. Good acting unlike January Jones so I can't complain. Tommy Lee Jones was good along with Stanley Tucci, they played their part well.

I didn't like how they portrayed Howard Stark, he didn't look like a genius, he looked like an idiot for the most part.

Overall, I'd rate it right there with Thor for the action sequences along with a solid but simple plot. There were some time where it felt like it dragged but it might just been because I was tired and in the midnight showing. It's better than GL but below X-Men. It's a good set-up for the Avengers film.

Speaking of the Avengers, the trailer was pretty cool. Only downside is that it was really rushed, which was done on purpose but it would have been so much better to get a better look at the characters. Loki is definitely the villain, they showed him more than once. Saw a quick glimpse of everyone including Bruce Banner (Ruffalo) taking his glasses off. Got me amped for the film next year. Too bad it's going against TDKR next year, it could have been the best comicbook film of the year with Superman being pushed back to 2013.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

laugh.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]when i get off work i'm gonna take my son to see it. looking forward to it.[/color]

Originally Posted by theDEEK

laugh.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]when i get off work i'm gonna take my son to see it. looking forward to it.[/color]

Movie was okay but i was expecting more.

Ms. Carter
pimp.gif

The fight scenes were 
grin.gif

"Are we taking everybody?"

Asian guy : "Im from Fresno .."
roll.gif
roll.gif

Stan Lee did it again 
roll.gif

Lol at the Final fight scene ...stupid. He didnt even kill Red skull.

Question: On the scene where he was captured and was about to be shot by Red-Skull ..How did he get his shield back? I mustve missed it

-Avengers looks good

Back
Top Bottom