Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

I have one, stay away. I've had so many issues with mine its ridiculous. Issues with the USB cord, the crazy looping issue that makes it restart contiuously. Not playing sound on some videos. Youd be better off with a newer 3200 unit.
Thought that was fixed with a firmware update?
Yeah but you have to get TWO 2GB SD cards and the updates are a !#%@% to find without having to pay pioneer for them. Regardless I truly believe I would have been better off with a newer 3200 or 4200 AVH

everything i have read make its sound pretty easy...and def easier than dealing with the problems you say your having?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

I have one, stay away. I've had so many issues with mine its ridiculous. Issues with the USB cord, the crazy looping issue that makes it restart contiuously. Not playing sound on some videos. Youd be better off with a newer 3200 unit.
Thought that was fixed with a firmware update?
yea i've read about those problems and that the newest update fixed them...did you update yours?

I'm getting it for cheap so its not really a fair comparative to a newer $1000 unit - i just need the basics
How cheap? The p series joints are pretty good for the price. No nav, though as far i know. Shouldn't be much of a concern since all of us have gps on our phones. If your car has a bose system, the stock amp will more than likely need to be bypassed and it's gonna sound pretty bad.

Originally Posted by L0keY Jeenius

I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what to get when it come to car audio
laugh.gif

right now I only have a  12" rocksford fosgate powered sub....what do y'all think I should get next if I just want it to sound good? which head unit and what kind of amp? I have a 2001 GMC Jimmy btw if that helps...
What do you want to spend.

This would be a nice setup.

Kenwood x994
Image dynamics ctx65cs
Sundown sa12
Crescendo 1000c4

It is feature packed so that is a plus. I got mine for 400 about a year ago and have had it installed since last summer.

It is feature packed so that is a plus. I got mine for 400 about a year ago and have had it installed since last summer.
nah it needs the nav- where did you get it for 4?

Off someone on caraudio.com forums. And Mine came with Nav, you sure its a F900BT?

yea my fault i was replying to you and the last poster that suggested another without nav - thanks for the help...

Originally Posted by Kingtre

any thoughts/experiences on the pioneer AVIC-F900BT head unit?  
nerd.gif
Good unit. A little dated, but it's packed with features. Z110bt is better. The z130bt is dropping soon so wait it out for price drops on the f900 + z110bt.

Alpine has the best sound quality
Kenwood has the best navigation
Pioneer has the best gui + ipod control

Pick your poison.

Nah with the pioneer deck they don't drop to much in price when a upgraded unit comes out. That's because when the z130bt come out the z110 and 120 will get updates the be the same as the z130. (right now the you can upgrade a z110 to a 120 and it's the same thing). I know that the z130bt is getting some cool new features like HD radio and traffic but you can do that on the others. This is all IMO of course.

After much research I finally ordered a DD unit. That being SONY XAV-70BT. Once I get it I can start with my install.

I havent read a thing in this thread. so i will ask you guys to build my system. i have a best buy discount, so i want to get all my stuff from there.
what speakers, subs, amps, stereo unit would you recommend for a chevy avalanche?

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

I havent read a thing in this thread. so i will ask you guys to build my system. i have a best buy discount, so i want to get all my stuff from there.
what speakers, subs, amps, stereo unit would you recommend for a chevy avalanche?
Does yours carry JBL? i know some do.

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Does yours carry JBL? i know some do.
Im not sure, i havent been recently. I know they got some kicker , alpine, kenwood for sure.
if i have to look for JBL, then i can go to plenty of best buys around here though.

will probalby get this unit though if the price is right
447_1lg.jpg

Will the car audio dudes at best buy know what theyre talkin about?
How many amps would i need?

What speakers would you recommend? i already have some alpines in front because the stock ones broke (._. )

i wish i knew this stuff
frown.gif

No. 99% of them are complete idiots. 2 amps is all you need.

Read through the last 20 or so pages. Lot of info and suggestions have been posted. The more u go back, the better.

Originally Posted by L0keY Jeenius

I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what to get when it come to car audio
laugh.gif

right now I only have a  12" rocksford fosgate powered sub....what do y'all think I should get next if I just want it to sound good? which head unit and what kind of amp? I have a 2001 GMC Jimmy btw if that helps...
What do you want to spend.

This would be a nice setup.

Kenwood x994
Image dynamics ctx65cs
Sundown sa12
Crescendo 1000c4

good looks

Back
Top Bottom