Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

I need some help matching a Sub to a amp.

I wnat to got a Fi Q but I don't know what amp to get. Here's the specs

Q12

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 34.2 Hz | 33.9 Hz
Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil
Qms: 7.63 | 7.69
Qes: .39 | .39
Qts: .37 | .37
Mms: 249g | 253g
Cms: 0.87mm/N | 0.87mm/N
Sd: 481cm^2 | 481cm^2
Vas: 28.3 l | 28.3 l
Spl: 86.5dB 1W/1m | 86.3dB 1W/1m
Bl: 13.9 N/A | 19.65 N/A
Xmax: 28mm
Rms: 1000W
Sealed box: .8-1.5 High QTScuft
Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 28-33Hz
Sub OD: 12.500

Here are your options

[table][tr][td]Option 1 (parallel) = 1 ohm load
Voice coils wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 1 ohm mono[/td][/tr][tr][td]
 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Option 2 (series) = 4 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 4, 2, or 1 ohm mono[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Option 1 (parallel) = 0.5 ohm load
Voice coils wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2[/sub] ohm mono[/td][/tr][tr][td]
 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Option 2 (series) = 2 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 2 or 1 ohm mono[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

wish i was still bout that car audio life
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

wish i was still bout that car audio life
30t6p3b.gif

this. though rummaging through these last few pages its got me thinking about a another setup once i get me a charger.......hmmmmmmm........naw better not..............but then maybe 1 12' xcon wont hurt lol.

Yo E

gonna cop a new 2000-2004 golf/gti this summer, givin my wife the old one
pimp.gif

but lookin for something for that, trying to send between 1K max considering i dont have a garage and dont want attention.

lookin for something thats decently loud and thumps

nerd.gif

gonna need a new radio too.

1k ain't much.

You would need

Headunit
Speakers
amp(s)
sub(s)

Wiring and misc interconnects alone could you put you well over $200. A little bit of sound deadening would add another $100-150. Custom box would be another $125-175

Spread your budget a bit and do it in stages. Spending 500 here and 500 there & you'll end up with crappy stuff.

Pick this up now if you can
http://www.amazon.com/Ken...id=1300820400&sr=8-1

It'll more than likely shoot back up to 225 in the next week or so.  Since you're getting the car in the summer, try to scoop up 1 or 2 things a month.(if possible)

whats more reasonable? 2K?

gonna need new speakers for the doors, prob a 1 or 2 sub set up for trunk, plus the amp and radio...

is sound deading that important?

Deadening is 2nd in line when it comes to car audio.

Rattles and resonances will make things sound bad. It can be done over time, though.

2k opens up a lot of options, but it can be done with less. Look through the last couple pages. I've posted about 5 different setups with various budgets.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Deadening is 2nd in line when it comes to car audio.

Rattles and resonances will make things sound bad. It can be done over time, though.

2k opens up a lot of options, but it can be done with less. Look through the last couple pages. I've posted about 5 different setups with various budgets.

does it matter mix and matching brands?

would i get enough sound with 1 sub in the trunk and 4 good speakers in the front? or would i need 2 subs in the back?

you know a golf/gti, i want some space
laugh.gif

Well, if space is a concern, you need a lot of power to get a respectable amount of output

More power= more electrical upgrades= more $$$ you'll have to dish out.

With small space, i'd say a 10 with 800-1000w on tap, but you'll need the electrical to support that.

A 12 or 15 would need a much bigger box, but output should be in the same ball park with 500-600w

You can have low end extension, high efficiency(getting loud with little power), or small enclosure size. Pick two.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Well, if space is a concern, you need a lot of power to get a respectable amount of output

More power= more electrical upgrades= more $$$ you'll have to dish out.

With small space, i'd say a 10 with 800-1000w on tap, but you'll need the electrical to support that.

A 12 or 15 would need a much bigger box, but output should be in the same ball park with 500-600w

You can have low end extension, high efficiency(getting loud with little power), or small enclosure size. Pick two.
electrical as in another amp? or another battery?

Back
Top Bottom